The GHZ Art Contest

Threads too good to die are immortalized here. It gazes also into you.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

The GHZ Art Contest

Post by Segaholic2 »

To celebrate The GHZ's upcoming 10th anniversary, we're holding an art contest! There are two categories to enter, both with real prizes (that are costing me real American dollars)! Excited yet? Good.

Read on for the rules and other important information before asking any questions.

RULES
  1. The winners for both categories will be selected by YOU, The GHZ Forum membership! There is no judges panel or arbitrary scoring system. Art is art and it's not up to me or any of the other GHZ staff to say what's better or worse. Democracy at its finest, surely.
  2. Your entry must be a new, original piece of artwork. This means nothing rehashed or drawn previously, and also means your submission must be in the form of a digital image file (JPG, PNG, GIF, etc). Animated GIFs are fine if that's what you want to do, but image files ONLY! Photoshops, photographs, hand-drawn or computer-generated artwork are all fine, as long as it's original.
  3. You are allowed only ONE ENTRY per category! You may enter into just one or both categories, but you may NOT enter multiple times into either category! You can't change your entry after you've submitted it. No resubmissions or replacement submissions.
  4. Your entry must be Sonic-related in some way, fashion, or form. You can include whatever other characters you desire.
  5. Regarding content: anything goes. We're not into censorship here, so I don't give a shit about safe-for-workability or whatever. Draw what you want, but remember you'll be voted for by your fellow posters.
  6. The contest is open to anyone with a GHZ Forum account. This means you Canadians, Europeans, Australians, South Americans, New Jersey residents and other various dirty foreigners. This also means that GHZ staff members are free to participate.
CATEGORIES
There are two categories to enter. The first is "best art" and the second is naturally "worst art". The categories are kind of self-explanatory but just to remove all ambiguity:
  • "Best art" is where posters will vote on what they consider to be the best or their favorite entry in this category. Submit something cute, funny, badass, cool, or whatever you think will be competitive.
  • "Worst art" is where posters will vote on what they consider to be the worst and/or most horrifying entry in this category. Submit something furry-licious, mind-raping, ugly, gross, or simply something that looks like it was drawn by a blind retarded 2-year-old with no fingers.
PRIZES
Of course, the section everyone is interested in.

Prizes for the "best art" category are as follows:
  • First Prize: Sonic and the Secret Rings for Nintendo Wii
  • Runner-ups (2): Your choice of one from the following: Sonic Riders, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Mega Collection or Plus, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Rush, or Sega Genesis Collection on your platform of choice.
The prize for the "worst art" category is a secret. But it won't be a box of shit. Technically.

You'll also earn a somewhat validated smug sense of self-worth, the envy of your peers and inferiors, and whatever kind of fame winning an art contest on a Sonic the Hedgehog forum provides.

SUBMISSIONS
Submissions will be taken starting NOW (Feb. 17 Sat) and ending after two weeks (March 3 Sat).

The voting process begins immediately afterward and ends after one week, so winners will be decided around March 10. Prizes will be mailed out quickly after.

Post your contest submissions into this thread and this thread ONLY.

Absolutely NO comments regarding who you're going to vote for are allowed, and will be deleted immediately on sight. That kind of stuff will be reserved for the poll threads in two weeks.

Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Segaholic2 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Re: The GHZ Art Contest

Post by Popcorn »

Segaholic2 wrote:Art is art and it's not up to me or any of the other GHZ staff to say what's better or worse.
What? Then my mod status is worth naught! I thought that was the entire point!

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Where do we submit the entries?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Segaholic2 wrote:Post your questions about the contest and entries into this thread and this thread ONLY.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

That has nothing to do with Sonic and is therefore disqualified.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

If I were to do another paint rendition of a lyric in the theme from Pumpkin Hill, which category would I put that in?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Whichever you want.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I think it's a no brainer WW is going to win this.

But i'll give it a shot, anyway.

What is the prize for worst art? An embarrassing custom title or avatar?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

It's a physical item I will mail to you, but it's a surprise.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

I think i shall join this contests

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I think we are going to see an influx of members because of this. Bring it on. WW, I challenge you to a pokebattle.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

Actually i was going to join for a while now But never had..

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Re: The GHZ Art Contest

Post by Opa-Opa »

Segaholic2 wrote: [*]The contest is open to anyone with a GHZ Forum account. This means you Canadians, Europeans, Australians, South Americans, New Jersey residents and other various dirty foreigners.
Alright! I'm a dirty foreigner!

Where do we send the entries to? I looked it up and down and saw no email or such.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Opa-Opa wrote:Where do we send the entries to? I looked it up and down and saw no email or such.
G.Silver wrote:Where do we submit the entries?
Segaholic2 wrote:Post your questions about the contest and entries into this thread and this thread ONLY.

The T

Post by The T »

The "worst art" prize is a copy of Sonic 360.

danju

Post by danju »

oh cool, il make a drawing right now.

Light Of Illusion

Post by Light Of Illusion »

Does it really not matter what your art style is? Even if it is kind of way too cute? Because mine is kind of overly cute. It's sadly the only style I can draw reasonably well in.

Still, I may as well give it a shot. If you just enter two pictures, can the worse one be opted into the bad art catagory?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

No. You have to decide which category you're entering your art into, and you can only have one submission to each. You can't submit two pieces of art and then have the less popular one default to the bad art category, plus it wouldn't win anyway.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

holic, man. Where do we send the stuff to?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

READ THE FUCKING THREAD

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

For the record,
means post your questions about the contest and your entries for the contest into this thread and this thread only. It is not indicating you should post your questions about entries in this thread and this thread only, in addition to your questions about the contest. I think this is the mistake being made.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

I really think this is my best art i've ever drawn :D

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Cool, we have our first submission.

Also, I edited the line in the first post to be more clear for those that lack reading comprehension.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

Sorry i get exited around these kinda things.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Does anyone know where to submit the art?

I couldn't resist saying that