Shorts - Mc Donald's UK TV ad · Competition Winners

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

I blame Nate for telling me about the contest really late at night, and yelling DUDE ENTER QUICK. He's getting lemon partied by the end of the week. And is anyone else planning on harassing big_smile every newspost now?

WHERE'RE MY GODDAMN TOYS, SMILE?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

chriscaffee wrote: I forgot. Jokes aren't funny unless they involve sex or racism.
BABALITY!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...Did you combine my name with a term from Mortal Kombat?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

There's a flash video floating around that uses terms like BABALITY and FRIENDSHIP instead of Fatality.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Delphine wrote:There's a flash video floating around that uses terms like BABALITY and FRIENDSHIP instead of Fatality.
They were in Mortal Kombat II.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Netaku wrote:And is anyone else planning on harassing big_smile every newspost now?
<i>Oooh</i>, I've already panned on what to say...

<i>Next newspost smiley! NEXT NEWSPOOOST!</i>
No that's not what I'm gonna say...

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Don't forget Baba's favorite: Animality.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Crazy Penguin wrote:They were in Mortal Kombat II.
Oh. *shrug* I've never played any of the Mortal Kombats, so.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Netaku wrote:I blame Nate for telling me about the contest really late at night, and yelling DUDE ENTER QUICK. He's getting lemon partied by the end of the week.
Ditto.

It's four in the morning, I'm just about to go to bed and then Cocksuck McFag IMs me..

otaku

Post by otaku »

big_smile wrote:A Kikizo Staff Member entered the competition, so even famous people weren’t immune to my prank.
Doh >_<

Lets hope the editor doesn't find out me falling for this :!:
I do have a soft spot for all thing sonic :cry:

Sharan Dev Jain

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

chriscaffee wrote:Don't forget Baba's favorite: Animality.
New, exciting, and completely original.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Show me true originality and I will accept your criticism.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

chriscaffee wrote:Show me true originality and I will accept your criticism.
How about Scorpion turning into a penguin. Sounds original to me.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

chriscaffee wrote:Show me true originality and I will accept your criticism.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Perhaps you could explain your reasoning because all I see is a picture (not original) of a man (not original) holding a violin (not original). Hell the very fact I can describe this in words means that it can't be original.

Sorry but universal originality doesn't exist. The best you can hope for is an original perception where you show someone something they personally haven't experienced before. Even then, it would be very difficult to finds something that they couldn't relate to at all. The only way I feel you can do this is indirectly. For example, the first sights and sounds that a person experiences would be original, as well as the first smells, touches and tastes. Everything after that would simply be alterations of what they have already experienced.

So in a sense every joke is old if only because the concept of a joke itself is old. Creativity doesn't exist. Originality doesn't exist. Uniqueness doesn't exist.

Now if you meant that picture is an "original" piece of art, as in, not a duplication then you are still wrong on two counts. It is a digital duplication of the art. Even if the piece was created on the computer, so that the original is data, the version that is downloaded into my temporary files, the one I am looking at now, is not the actual original piece.

Second by that definition of original that implies that my joke is a copy, in the sense that it is reproduction of a joke. And while it is true my joke was not original in the aforementioned sense (the ideas behind it and the words have all been used before) it is not a reproduction or copy of any specific Mortal Kombat related furry jokes you may have heard in the past. I didn't say to myself "That Mortal Kombat bit is witty and fits this situation, I think I will reproduce the joke on this forum." It isn't my fault my joke converged to another you may have already heard, it is simply inevitable since true originality can't exist.

That's why I always laugh when I hear someone talk about cliches or originality or creativity or anything. Like the non-existant concept has some value.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Go find another picture of a violin in the GHZ forums then. It's all down to perception. To me the picture is a first seen on GHZ as it bears no relation to any articles whatsoever. If talking in the context of GHZ then yes, it is original. Let me show you an example.
fig.a
Egyptian Pyramid
fig.b
Aztec Pyramid
As you can see, both items above are two different types of pyramids. On a worldwide view both buildings are similar but when looking at the point of view back in the day when the first of both were built, they were both original in design. It is true that after this when other Egyptian/American pyramids were built the design was not original any more as the design was being recycled.

Now as this is the first picture of a violinist on a GHZ forum, the idea was indeed: a) original
b) new
...to GHZ.
Maybe not exciting but I get the jist.
Now, not everyone is as serious as you or as broad-minded so please stop trying to imply that the laws of physics, originality or whatever revolve around your ideals or have an explanation that can be resolved in a post (hahaha, if it only were thet simple)
Above all, do you really think that Baba was being serious without any hint of sarcasm in any of his last two posts in this topic? :roll:

Rant over, pass the cheesecake (not original but who gives a fuck?)
Now where were we? Oh yeah, fake competition. Well executed Big_Smile. :lol:
Last edited by Omni Hunter on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Go find another picture of a violin in the GHZ forums then. It's all down to perception. To me the picture is a first seen on GHZ as it bears no relation to any articles whatsoever. If talking in the context of GHZ then yes, it is original. Let me show you an example.
Bringing a violin to the moon doesn't make a violin original, nor does it make the moon original, nor does it make the act of introducing a new substance to a new location original. Technically when I move that violin a few centimeters, it is now occupying new space and thus is original somehow, as long as a violin never occupied the exact space before. I don't know about you but it just looks like you moved a violin to me.
As you can see, both items above are pictures of two different types of pyramids. On a worldwide view both buildings are similar but when looking at the point of view back in the day when the first of both were built, they were both original in design. It is true that after this when other Egyptian/American pyramids were built the design was not original any more as the design was being recycled.
How can they both be original if they share similar design characteristics and used similar means of construction? How can they be original when they were made of man?
Now as this is the first picture of a violinist on a GHZ forum, the idea was indeed: a) original
b) new
...to GHZ.
If a forum is made by it's members and all of us know what a violin is, then how is it original and the first time the GHZ has experienced a violin?
Maybe not exciting but I get the jist.
Now, not everyone is as serious as you or as broad-minded so please stop trying to imply that the laws of physics, originality or whatever revolve around your ideals or have an explanation that can be resolved in a post (hahaha, if it only were thet simple)
So are you asking me not to support my beliefs or simply to shutup about them altogether? Baba knew what he was doing. I even gave him a fair chance to prevent me from posting a tl;dr post, but he decided not to take that oppurtunity so here we are. It's not like you have anything to do with this. It's funny how you jump in a conversation, say your bit, then tell me to shutup because no one cares and it was all in jest. Right. I'll just do that.
Above all, do you really think that Baba was being serious without any hint of sarcasm in any of his last two posts in this topic?
I don't think it matters to me whether Baba was being serious or sarcastic or some combination of the two (if that's possible). He posted what he posted and I posted what I posted. It's called a conversation, if I got owned in the process by taking something too seriously or for being manipulated into a rant, then that's just my tough luck.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

lol. I knew you'd bite. You're not as funny as Final Cosmos though.
By all means, have your opinion, I was just trying to show another point of view.
Your reply was innovative and I accept it although in most forums people do jump into conversation otherwise there wouldn't be new people on the thread anyway.
Seriously I wish I didn't say
BABALITY
if I knew it would provoke such a serious reaction.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

There's nothing wrong with jumping into a conversation, I just thought it was funny that you were jumping into a conversation to essentially say "shutup and stop taking everything so seriously," almost like it impacted you in some way, except it didn't until you chose to jump in. I just thought that was funny is all.

As for "biting" yeah, I do tend to respond to people that direct posts towards me. Call me a werido but I do tend to actually reply back. It's almost like a discussion or something! And on a forum too, who would've thought?

And for your final point: What is wrong with being serious? I never understood that. It's like if you don't act like a goofball or a witty guy all the time on the internet you are pegged as "serious" like it's a bad thing. It's not like I'm serious all the time. If I was, how could I crack so called "lame" jokes?

In Soviet Russia, Dragon offs you.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Chris. Three words:

Right Click --> Properties

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Ah, it's nothing. I was quite serious about a year ago, maybe even more than you. Because of that I annoyed people and they always told me to stop being so serious. I'm not saying you're annoying or anything and hope the conflict count doesn't go over 2.
I don't know who Dragon is but if he's offing me I'm fine with that.
Also the animality joke wasn't that lame.

I wonder how long it took for Big_Smile to put the faux competition together? I'm into working out stuff like that.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I don't know who Dragon is but if he's offing me I'm fine with that.

Dragunov
Also the animality joke wasn't that lame.
Actually I was more referring to the joke in my previous post.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Wow, pretty... must have good range. Remind me not to go near Nottingham.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

For the record, that man's Paganini. Google, dumbass.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I'm not especially interested in researching musicians. If you want to tell me something about him you think is relevant than feel free, but I'm not going to attempt to guess at whatever point you are trying to make.[/b]