Shorts - Mc Donald's UK TV ad · Competition Winners

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Protodude

Post by Protodude »

lol this topic should get locked noww.

am i right!/1??!1/!/1?1

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

chriscaffee wrote:I'm not especially interested in researching musicians. If you want to tell me something about him you think is relevant than feel free, but I'm not going to attempt to guess at whatever point you are trying to make.[/b]
Why not? You do the same thing to everyone else.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

chriscaffee wrote:but I'm not going to attempt to guess at whatever point you are trying to make.[/b]
The random BBCode is a very important part of the argument.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Incidentally, I love how Chris can fabricate an argument out of the most off-the-cuff statement.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

C'mon, chris. This isn't that hard to work out.
chriscaffee wrote:I'm not especially interested in researching musicians. If you want to tell me something about him you think is relevant than feel free, but I'm not going to attempt to guess at whatever point you are trying to make.

Baba O'Reily wrote:
chriscaffee wrote:Show me true originality and I will accept your criticism.
Understand?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

This argument came out of nowhere like a random picture of a gun does on this forum.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

No PWB, I just don't get it, which is why I asked for a verbal explanation.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Alright. Pay attention. You said: Show me true originality and I will accept your criticism.

Baba, then posted a picture of Nicolo Paganini, whose last name was in the file name. That's how I found out who it was. A quick search on Google will tell you that, "Nicolo Paganini was born in Genoa, Italy, Oct 27, 1782. He was one of six children born to Teresa and Antonio Paganini. He was an Italian violinist and a composer, considered by many as the greatest of all time."

I had no idea who that was before I read the thread, but thanks to some incredibly easy detective work, I now know who he is.

Now, it's general knowledge around the GHZ Forum that Baba, aside from being a Furry (which I personally believe is a ruse, but that's not really important), is a musical aficionado.

OK, so let's put this all together, shall we? You ask Baba to show you "true originality" and he posts a picture of a musician. What do you think he's trying to say here, chris? Why would he post a picture of a musician right after you ask him to show you "true originality?"

I know you can do this, chris. It isn't Astrophysics, it's logic.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Paganini influenced Bach, Mozart, and many others with his fiery playing style and incredible showmanship, neither of which had been seen before. In addition to breaking out of the traditional slow waltz form that had been dominant in violin music. In addition, he is the first recorded person to add elements of chromatics as fills in between scale tones, as well as the only performer to actually move around the stage and manage seemingly impossible feats, such as picazo at 160 BPM.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Well my stance is that since everything a human does is related to his experiences, nothing he does is original. I see anything synthetic as a series of alterations and arrangements of that which already existed.

Point being, criticizing a joke because it is unoriginal is pretty weak when one considers just how many jokes use a common theme (ridicule) with the only alteration being the delivery and context.

Sorry for being such a dumb ass, but a picture of a guy holding a violin just isn't the sort of response I expected. And Baba? Be sure and let me know next time I make a vague post that expects someone to do research in order to figure out the point I'm trying to make. I'd like to be broken of that habit.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

How come all this shit happens after I get back from work!?

Picazo at 160 bpm!? Very impressive. I've heard some good stuff about Paganini but I admit classical is not my forte.

I have to admit, I'm as much of a dumbass aswell.

Grant

Post by Grant »

chriscaffee wrote:Point being, criticizing a joke because it is unoriginal is pretty weak when one considers just how many jokes use a common theme (ridicule) with the only alteration being the delivery and context.
Sheesh, so would we have avoided a page of garbage if Baba had said the joke was "uninspired" rather than "unoriginal"?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Man, Caffee, you've got weird hobbies.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

He would've gone into an essay about how nobody invented anything, and people merely put existing ideas together.
Be sure and let me know next time I make a vague post that expects someone to do research in order to figure out the point I'm trying to make. I'd like to be broken of that habit.
Sure thing. I'll make sure to actually Google search the model names of the guns so that I can back you up in the event that you have something to say and aren't just nitpicking.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

chriscaffee wrote:Blah blah blah That's why I always laugh when I hear someone talk about cliches or originality or creativity or anything. Like the non-existant concept has some value.
Believe it or not, I've had these exact thoughts. Even in a less abstract sense, little is original. Through all the generations of all the cultures, it's all been done. Clichés are exclusive to a certain time period. For example, slow violin waltzs might have been cliché in Paganini's time and culture, but would seem completely original to the tribes of 20th century Igboland. Chris put up a more airtight explanation with that crap about all things being variations of basic human experience, but it's the same concept.

Now burn.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I laugh when people laugh at stupid little things like that because they're wasting their life being ridiculously anal and complaining or finding faults in every single possible miniscule detail.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Frieza's trying to be cool. Make him stop.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Yes. Now! We are Sonic Heroes!
Last edited by chriscaffee on Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Y'all need to chill. I've got it figured out. He's only doing this to entertain himself. Caffee argues instead of watching TV. Considering the alternative, he's doing a wonderful thing, here.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Hey, wasn't this the same topic I owned Chris on? Y'know, where he emailed this totally gay email and then got all pissy when I owned him over it? Hey everyone, go back to page one and laugh at Chris. LOL FUFUFU OWN'D

etc

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Arson is cool?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Frieza2000 wrote:Arson is cool?
Actually, it's kinda hot.

HUR HUR