Ban Dai acquire Sonic license & Competition

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Ban Dai acquire Sonic license & Competition

Post by big_smile »

Ban Sonic Dai
:FUK: :FUS: Ban Dai acquire Sonic license for Maxi Collection

Japanese toy giants Ban Dai have acquired the Sonic license for their Maxi Collection range. Originally launched in the late 1990s, the Maxi Collection is a set of pocket sized toys that are randomly dispensed in plastic eggs from vending machines. The collection sports popular licenses such as Dragon Ball Z and Thunderbirds and, in contrast to most licensed products, it is renowned for the life-like level of detail that is lavished on each figure.

The Sonic rendition of the range is part of Ban Dai’s aggressive expansions plans which seek to triple the number of Maxi vending machines stationed in America and Europe.

As its name implies, Sonic Heroes Mini Collection Plus appears to have been inspired by the theme of ‘three’ that dominated the blue blur’s last major console outing. Each plastic egg will contain three figures: A large model of a main Sonic character and a small and micro sized replica of Eggman’s robots.

Sherry Ladbroke, from the Ban Dai UK PR office, has very kindly provided a sample egg containing Metal Sonic, Rhino Liner from Sonic Heroes and Majiro from Sonic Advance 2.

^ If Eggman had made this egg capsule, the bright yellow part would be at the top.

^The Metal Sonic figure suspiciously resembles the one from the Sonic & Knuckles Collection which was released in the UK in 1994. A key difference, however, is the higher level of detail which is characteristic of the Maxi Collection.

Image Image
^ Eggman’s robots are too small to recreate battles from the games, but the realistic details on each figure makes them a must have.

The collection is currently planned for a late summer release. To alleviate the wait, Ms Ladbroke, who is a big fan of the GHZ, has offered to send sample sets to 50 GHZ Newsboard readers. To ensure the gifts are distributed fairly, she recommended that I put together a little competition. Simply answer the following question to be within the chance of receiving a prize:

Question: How many articles are currently available in the Newsboard forum (‘Shorts’ count as one article)?

A: 116
B: 255
C: 90

Email your answer together with your country of location and a valid email address to: ghzcompetition@ntlworld.com.

The first 50 correct entries received will be forwarded on to Ban Dai who will contact the winners directly for mailing details. Unfortunately, Ban Dai will not be able to ship prizes to addresses that are outside of the European Union or the United States of America.

GHZ staff members with a valid email address on the ‘freaks responsible page’ will automatically receive a prize (providing they can provide a US or European Union postal address).

Due to the expected demand, the competition closes tomorrow (2nd April 2005), so be quick.

Terms and Conditions
1. This competition (the "Competition") is organised by Ban Dai Europe Ltd whose primary place of business is at Jellicoe House, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 2AF (the "Promoter") and Ban Dai USA Incorporated whose primary place of business is at 1875 Century Park East, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90067. No other parties are involved in the organisation of this competition. The GHZ website only functions to announce the competition.

2. The Competition will be announced on the GHZ Newsboard Website. Entries to the Competition will be accepted (subject to these terms and conditions) from 1 April until 2 April 2005 inclusive (the "Competition Period"). Any entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be eligible for the prize draw.

3. No purchase is necessary. Registration to the GHZ forums is not required.

4. All Competition entrants must answer the Competition questions correctly and submit their entry with a valid email address and country of residence via email. No other details are necessary to enter.

5. There will be 50 prizes awarded to 50 prizewinners. The prize shall consist of a single "Sonic Heroes Mini Collection Plus Maxi Collection Egg". The Prize winners will be the first 50 correct and eligible entries received (the "Prize Winner(s)") before the 2 April 2005.

6. The Promoter will only send the Prize via postal mail to a valid address that is located within the United States of America and/or the European Union.

7. The Prize Winners will be notified on 6 April 2005. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If a Prize Winner fails to reply to correspondence from the Promoter and/or fails (regardless of the circumstances) to claim his/her Prize within 14 days of receipt of the Promoter's notification that he/she has won a Prize, the Promoter shall be entitled to select an alternative prize winner and the Prize Winner who has not responded will not be entitled to a Prize or any alternative. Any surplus Prizes or Prizes that have not been awarded by 1 May 2005 will be distributed among GHZ staff members. Details of the Prize Winners will be posted on the GHZ Newsboard.

8. The Prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, substitute the Prizes for prizes of a similar nature and/or comparable value. The Prize Winners may not request or be entitled to a cash alternative to the Prizes and the Prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.

9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions will be acceptable.

10. By entering the Competition, all entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.

11. On submitting an entry, each entrant irrevocably and exclusively grants and assigns to the Promoter with full title guarantee the entire copyright and all other rights of whatever nature in its entry for the full duration of such rights throughout the world.

12. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prizes.

13. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of entrant's country of residence, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Whaaaaaaaaa?? I WANT TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 big_smile

Grant

Post by Grant »

Holy awesome.

Ash Holt

Re: Ban Dai acquire Sonic license & Competition

Post by Ash Holt »

big_smile wrote: Email your answer together with your country of location and a valid email address to: ghzcompetition@ntlworld.com.
[/size]
That confused the shit out of me, but I did it anyway. I sent you my e-mail address within the e-mail.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Wow, it's all like legal and everything! Brother Smile got dat hook-up, yo.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

This is a suspicious date to offer us free goodies but I'll start checking my yahoo account regularly anyway... (nothing yet, it seems)

So who are these Maxi guys and where is their webpage? I've seen that <a href="http://www.gachausa.com/default.asp">Yujin</a>'s been marketing Japanese-style Gachapon machines here in the US (there's even one in my local grocery store) but this Maxi Collection business is new to me. More of a UK thing then?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Eh...this sounds like an April Fool's Joke to me.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

If it's true then I need them all.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Teehee.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Yeah, this sounds like an April Fools joke. Good one Big Smile.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

HMMMMMM.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Damn it, I don't know whether to send my answer just in case! CURSE APRIL 1ST AND ITS TRADITIONAL JAPERY.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Post made...Today?

Fake.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

I now will take everything with a grain of salt for the next couple of days...that is just too funny...

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I'm going to <I>kill</I> big_smile if this is a prank.

Grant

Post by Grant »

;_; HOW COULD YOU DECEIVE ME, SMILEY?

Spazz

Re: Ban Dai acquire Sonic license & Competition

Post by Spazz »

big_smile wrote:Question: How many articles are currently available in the Newsboard forum (‘Shorts’ count as one article)?
Does that include articles started by other people or just Smiley reports?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Big Smile make a newspost that doesn't link back to any original article or source! :)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

By Jove, you're right! I smell treachery abound.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

IT IS SO PRETTY!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

The stench is overpowering and seems to be emminating from Big Smile's vicinity.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Betrayed by his own unvarying thoroughness and professionalism!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

DAMN APRIL FIRST!
The inclusion of thirteen detailed terms and conditions almost had me.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Man, I love when people fall for April Fool's jokes.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Segaholic2 wrote:I'm going to <I>kill</I> big_smile if this is a prank.
Don't stop until his face looks like goatse.