New Shadow the Hedgehog details

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

I had a nightmare about that. What if Shadow the Hedgehog did become the best 3D realization of Sonic gameplay ever (Or in our terminology, the first "good" 3D Sonic game), when it's the farthest from any Sonic game, theme-wise, since Sonic Adventure 2? God, just thinking about it gives me a brain tumor. Maybe there will come a time when a 3D Sonic game with a fantastic feel of Sonic CD with virtually flawless gameplay will be released and be the best 3D realization of 3D Sonic game. Only the future can tell.

Grant

Post by Grant »

On one hand, Shadow the Hedgehog could be somewhat of a step in the right direction because at least there's not a billion playable characters distracting from the meat of the game.

On the other, Shadow the Hedgehog could be abomination because.. well, look at it.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Alright. This new trailer has given me, well, mixed feelings. On the one hand, it looks like ST may actually be putting some effort into making another decent 3D Sonic Game.

On the other hand, it's not technically a "Sonic Game" at all, and it's more than a little disappointing that they'd put more effort into a game for a knock-off character, rather than the character who made their development team what it is now (admittedly, not much). The Sonic Team of Today may just be a Shadow (forgive the pun) of its' former self, but if it wasn't for the creation of Sonic, it wouldn't exist at all.

Just remember Mr. Naka, that if it wasn't for Sonic, you'd have a difficult time humping Ferraris without being arrested.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Did anyone else expect the Backstreet Boys to start singing during the trailer?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

It still looks plain and dull to me, and once again the stages seem to comprise of linear tracks suspended in mid-air. The bit where Shadow's using the enemy's weapon against it was cool though, I liked that in The Wind Waker.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Eh. I still don't view any excitement nor do I see any promise in this game for the same reasons people mentioned about the bottomless-pit level design and that it still looks like ass. Also, I predict the camera angles will be just as bad as ever.

I give it a 6.3.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Ngangbius wrote:I give it a 6.3.
Is that your Final Answer?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I want to try it before making a judgement.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

It lacks color. But I guess it's supposed to.
Last edited by Spazz on Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Machenstein

Ngangbius wrote:Eh. I still don't view any excitement nor do I see any promise in this game for the same reasons people mentioned about the bottomless-pit level design and that it still looks like ass. Also, I predict the camera angles will be just as bad as ever.

I give it a 6.3.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Delphine wrote:Did anyone else expect the Backstreet Boys to start singing during the trailer?
>_>
<_<
(raises hand)

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Professor Machenstein wrote:
Well, excuuuuse me for playing better platformers than the recent Sonic games and being disappointed in Sega in general for the past two years because they are a shell of their former selves. =D

But for the record, I'm still pumped for PSU and I hope the Sega Ages PS Collection comes out in America. I'm also curious about that Sonic Gems Collection. ^_^

But I'm still not hyped up for Shadow the Hedgehog.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I didn't see any new trailer.

Professor Machenstein

I'll ask the same question I did in another post. What 3D platformers do you perfer? So far I got answers Prince of Persia, Klonoa and Rayman. Anymore?

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

People also suggested ICO in that same topic.

And despite feeling that Super Mario Sunshine was one of the weakest entries of the Mario platformer franchise, I still prefer it to SA2 and SH. Though it mainly had to do with the cool waterpack-less levels(which would have been more awesome had they not taken Mario's long jump away in the game).

Also, I liked the first Sly Cooper game.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Double-S- wrote:I didn't see any new trailer.
Gametrailers has it.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Professor Machenstein wrote:I'll ask the same question I did in another post. What 3D platformers do you perfer? So far I got answers Prince of Persia, Klonoa and Rayman. Anymore?
Klonoa was not fucking 3D.
Dammit.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Neither was Rayman, originally.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I go to GameTrailers and search "Shadow the Hedgehog" and I get the game page, but it still only has that one old trailer. I hit refresh and crap multiple times. Oh well, not like I really want to see it...

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Yeah, same deal. I can only assume that Sega forced Gametrailers to take it down, similarly to when the first high resolution screenshots were removed from certain websites.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

If you watch carefully you can see Shadow's body contort and stretch as he jumps, falls and so on, and it adds a bit of fluidity to his movements. I quite like the effect and I hope they use it in further games.

I didn't actually see that many bottomless pits, and I thought the graphics were a hell of a lot better than the first trailer. It won't be Sonic, but hey, it could be good. An actual Sonic game would be better, but I don't want to say anything in case I jinx it.

I just had a thought: remember the hype surrounding SA2 on the SonicTeam website? For all we knew, only Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman were playable, and there appeared to be no storyline other than some sort of black clone of Sonic. In the next few months, this game, or at least our perception of it, could change radically depending on crucial pieces of story information or character detail. Give it time, don't get your hopes too high, and you might just enjoy it.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Yeah, but some of us get a tad impatient. I know I am, even if it's to settle if it's good or not. It may just be like Sonic CD, a step in the right direction, or it may be much, much worse. I just hate the waiting.
Last edited by Omni Hunter on Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

j-man

Post by j-man »

It may just be like Sonic CD
Nothing will ever be like Sonic CD. Give it up.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

j-man wrote:
It may just be like Sonic CD
Nothing will ever be like Sonic CD. Give it up.
I didn't mean "like" Sonic CD in that amount of greatness, just as a positive step.

j-man

Post by j-man »

I understand. It just amuses me that people substitute "Sonic CD" for "good". It's like, there's Sonic CD and then there's the rest of the world. If it's not Sonic CD, we don't want to know about it.

I suppose a similar parallel can be drawn between "depressingly shite" and "Sonic Heroes".