New Shadow the Hedgehog details

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Don't make assumptions. I know what he meant. I was referring to the "whole passage" comment, smart ass.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

What's quite shocking is that I've been looking at other forums and a lot of people think this thing is going to kick ass. They think this could be the best "Sonic" game yet and are anticipated as shit, especially because of the aliens and vehicles.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Don't make assumptions. I know what he meant. I was referring to the "whole passage" comment, smart ass.
If you knew what he meant then why did you ignore what he meant?

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

What forums would that be? The forums I've been too, including this one, are saying it's a stupid idea and the game is going to flop.
Two reasons. One, I needed a small comeback. Second, I'm tired and my reading skills are lazy right now. Sorry I called you a smart ass. I just lost a game of Dynamite Headdy and I'm a little grouchy now. Damn Gatekeeper.

I have a new method for our expectations of the Shadow game. It's goes something like Squirrelknight once said. Expect the game to suck, and when it comes out and it ends up mediocre or just plain good, then we can cope with it. So let's look at the trailer. The textures are blurry, eveything looks like it came from the PS1, the stages are ugly looking, and there are thousands of bottomless pits like Sonic Heroes. Methinks my work is done.
Last edited by Professor Machenstein on Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Delphine wrote:
Professor Machenstein wrote:Don't make assumptions. I know what he meant. I was referring to the "whole passage" comment, smart ass.
Bless.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

We're not being reactionary. If you'll look, we've given clear reasons why we didn't like Heroes and why we liked Adventure and the other games. I wrote 12 pages on why I thought Battle was the worst Sonic game ever.

As for this game, it isn't the gun that's got me burning. By itself, the gun really doesn't bother me. But taken in context with Sonic Team's attitude and performance in the last few years, the dialogue in Heroes and Advance 2&3, and the many discouraging interviews, it suggests something about the rest of the game and the direction Sonic Team is pursuing with it. And that direction is somewhere in the vicinity of statutory rape.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

In some states only women can be raped.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

See, I think it actually looks good.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

You're an idiot.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

What are you, retarded?

Grant

Post by Grant »

God bless the Internet.

Psychobob2

Post by Psychobob2 »

Are they the UK Games master magazine scans? By fuck, Big Smile got them up quick.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I saw the cover for that issue in the corner store. It was like "NEW SONIC GAME!!11 HES BACK + HE HAS A GUN!!!11" with pictures of Sonic all over the plastic bag. Retards.

Psychobob2

Post by Psychobob2 »

j-man wrote:I saw the cover for that issue in the corner store. It was like "NEW SONIC GAME!!11 HES BACK + HE HAS A GUN!!!11" with pictures of Sonic all over the plastic bag. Retards.
Yes, that may be quite misleading to some, but in all fairness to the magazine, there was a giant picture of Shadow on the front cover.

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Post by Knuckles Dawson »

I WOULD RAPE FOR LOTR on Page 12 wrote:
(P.S: Have you noticed this is, so far, one of the only topics wihtout a boobie reference so far???)
Green Gibbon! on page 1, as the 7th post in this very thread wrote:So no mention of boobies, then?

Followed by
Delphine wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:So no mention of boobies, then?
Even boobies can't fix this, G
Which resulted in
Green Gibbon! wrote:
Even boobies can't fix this, G.
Banned.

aso

Post by aso »

Didn't the Shadow storyline in the Sonic comic entail his being taken in by aliens just after he helped kill off the Biolizard? With them bringing him back to health just so they could tell them they were going to kill everyone on <Earth/Mobius/whatever the fuck they call it>?

Is SoA ripping plot ideas from the comic now?

Grant

Post by Grant »

AUGH

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

aso wrote:Didn't the Shadow storyline in the Sonic comic entail his being taken in by aliens just after he helped kill off the Biolizard? With them bringing him back to health just so they could tell them they were going to kill everyone on <Earth/Mobius/whatever the fuck they call it>?

<i>What?</i>
Last edited by Delphine on Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I didn't understand a word of that.

aso

Post by aso »

Neither did I.

Basically:
<Sonic Adventure 2 happens>
*Shadow falls*
*Shadow is caught by an advanced alien race that heals him*
*They then throw Shadow out the window so he can fight another alien race that appears over the horizon*
*He gets his ass kicked, and falls again, but Chaos Controls before he hits the atmosphere*
*The alien race that Shadow fought want to destroy Earth because blahblahEarthlingsaresomeanbla*
*Earth is actually Mobius*
*The aliens that Shadow fought want to destroy Earth/Mobius*
*Everyone teams up at the end to fight the aliens*

So... yeah. Shadow having to fight an evil race of aliens bent on planetary destruction is nothing new. Makes me wonder if everyone's going to team up in the end to stop them?

Carl with a K

Post by Carl with a K »

What the fuck.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I dunno if you're reading this Zeta, but I have to apologize. See, last night you told us about that dream you had where you and your boyfriend were riding on a flying elephant, and I said that it was quite possibly the gayest thing of all time.

I was incorrect. This,
Basically:
<Sonic Adventure 2 happens>
*Shadow falls*
*Shadow is caught by an advanced alien race that heals him*
*They then throw Shadow out the window so he can fight another alien race that appears over the horizon*
*He gets his ass kicked, and falls again, but Chaos Controls before he hits the atmosphere*
*The alien race that Shadow fought want to destroy Earth because blahblahEarthlingsaresomeanbla*
*Earth is actually Mobius*
*The aliens that Shadow fought want to destroy Earth/Mobius*
*Everyone teams up at the end to fight the aliens*
is the gayest thing of all time.

A thousand apologies.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

If they give Shadow a flying elephant to ride, I'll buy two copies.