Shadow of a Hedgehog game: Shadow packs a GUN!!1

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

And a cigarette and a trench coat.
Exactly. I was like "Well, where's the cigarette? Don't you know that the only thing that makes you cooler than guns is big, honkin cigars?"

The irony of course is that most people would find the cigarette more offensive.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Locit wrote:Wha--
no, not th--
with a gu--
WHAT THE FUCK.

Is Sonic Team directly involved in the making of this game?
The newly formed Sega Studio U.S.A. R&D who is headed by Takashi Iizuka is supposedly responsible for this title.
Last edited by Ngangbius on Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Locit wrote:Is Sonic Team directly involved in the making of this game?
If this isn't a joke, and it's not a SoA project, I'm guessing all the development teams of SEGA being merged <i>might</i> have something to do with it, possibly.

EDIT: <I>Just</I> saw Ngangbius' post.
Last edited by Spazz on Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Do I... Do I... Do I kill Takashi?

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

The gun does look stupid, but the game would work if the gun fires fast. As long as it doesn't disrupt the speed, it could be good.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

You kill them all.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

With guns?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Crap, I just thought of something. This is a concept that Sonniku the Battosai would dream up.

I'll bet he's creaming his pants with glee.

And I bet this game will have characters spouting a lot of colorful language just because cursing is teh mature!!1!

DrAfroluffy

Post by DrAfroluffy »

When I saw that video I almost cried. Did you see that gun? They could have at least made it look unreal like r&c. But an pistol/AK 47? WTF happened to the original formula? The fans have been screaming for a sonic game that would appeal to faithful fans and they ignore us. Im not saying it wont be a good game but that new image sucks. Hard. Im gonna choke naka if he lets this one slip..............

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

With guns?
Suggested plan:

Buy about a thousand hedgehogs,
Scare them,
Throw the curled up spineballs at the people responsible to show them that hedgehogs don't need guns.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

^_^ Locit Wins!

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

I really hope Iizuka gets fucking fired for this.

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Ngangbius wrote:The newly formed Sega Studio U.S.A. R&D who is headed by Takashi Iizuka is supposedly responsible for this title.
This could mean that Dark Lord Yuji Naka is nothing more than a mere puppet while Takashi Iizuka, Emperor of Darkness, is the real destroyer of the Sonic franchise.

It certainly feels so when you see the guy's resume.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Ngangbius wrote:Crap, I just thought of something. This is a concept that Sonniku the Battosai would dream up.

I'll bet he's creaming his pants with glee.

And I bet this game will have characters spouting a lot of colorful language just because cursing is teh mature!!1!
You beat me to it. I swear to god they got the idea for this game from Sonniku The Battousai.
President of Sega of Ameria, Sonniku The Battousai, wrote: Shadow - Think Shinobi and Nightshade mixed with Enter The Matrix, only a tad more easier and more longer levels; Rouge is partner (flying, escape assist) for most of the time, but some levels go solo. 7 levels, 2 acts each. After SH, Shadow really didn't give a damn about his identity so he went to live in the slums of Station Square. Umm...not much is gonna be revealed about what happens the time between (a solo game will do that), but he gets a new look, new powers and is now a vigilante, fighting injustice everywhere. While breaking off a drug ring, he finds some interesting info about Eggman's past...and perhaps keys to his existance. This will finally bring The Ultimate Life-Form arc full circle and Shadow will meet his predecesor...but not in the way people expect. He is the first person to fight actual human beings (you fight them as Team Sonic too): They cannot be destroyed, only stunned and they get back up after resting. Fights Super Metal Sonic in final, Fights BioChaos with 7 chaos, Fights G.U.N w/ 7 chaos and all mission complete. 7 chaos opens up Super Shadow for all levels, but only lasts if you have rings. Moves include: Slide combo, Homing Attack, Chaos Spear, Spin Drive, Double Kick, Jet Boost, Triangle Jump, Dark Dash, Chaos Control (fast forward, stop, slow), Chaos Inferno (Boss), Air Rocket (flaming), Chaos Spark (bubble), Upper Combo (Rouge), Battle Combo (Omega). PLUS A REALLY BIG GUN GUYS IT WOULD BE KEWL AND KAWAII DONT YOU THINK?? IT COULD BE LIKE, LIKE F*CKING GTA MEETS DIE HARD MEETS SONIC HEROES BUT ONLY WITH SHADOW. AND A LOT EASIER.

and as for the true ending...you gotta PM me for that.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Ngangbius wrote:The newly formed Sega Studio U.S.A. R&D who is headed by Takashi Iizuka is supposedly responsible for this title.
Yes! My sneaking suspicion might possibly be correct. DEAR GOD PLEASE LET THIS GAME BE CANNED IN A MANNER WORSE THAN SONIC XTREME.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I wish I had PMed him for the true ending.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Double-S- wrote:
Yes! My sneaking suspicion might possibly be correct. DEAR GOD PLEASE LET THIS GAME BE CANNED IN A MANNER WORSE THAN SONIC XTREME.
He headed Sonic Adventure though, which was fantastic. Maybe he was replaced by an evil duplicate that's like, some little alien creature in a humanoid robot body. Totally Ninja Turtles.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

There is a sort of thematically similar, exponentially increasing bullshit factor with each successive game he directs. I think the man simply becomes less and less restrained with each successive game. Maybe they're giving him a freer hand than they used to, or maybe it's a personal thing... with every new (and popular) game he makes he feels less inclined to stick to the classic formula and more obliged to pursue his own ideas.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The newly formed Sega Studio U.S.A. R&D who is headed by Takashi Iizuka is supposedly responsible for this title.
So it's still basically Sonic Team USA, then? I actually suspected Dimps at first.

Not only was Iizuka director of Sonic Adventure, but he was also one of the main directors of Sonic 3 and NiGHTS. So either he has alot more freedom now than he used to (entirely too much freedom, evidently), or has completely lost his touch. Either way, I am willing to chip in and fund his murder.

Carl with a K

Post by Carl with a K »

ENTER THE SHADOWY WORLD LOL

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Not only was Iizuka director of Sonic Adventure, but he was also one of the main directors of Sonic 3 and NiGHTS. So either he has alot more freedom now than he used to (entirely too much freedom, evidently), or has completely lost his touch.
Man, that is weird. The only other explenation I can think of is that 'director' isn't as influencial a title as it sounds, and either he wasn't very active in the early games or he's not the one to blame for this insanity.

Either way, we'd better put that hit out soon. If this game goes through and sells big enough, I have a feeling there'll be no turning back. It'll be the end of Sonic as we know it.

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

I reckon the odds of 50 Cent being a secret character are pretty high, all of a sudden.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
So it's still basically Sonic Team USA, then? I actually suspected Dimps at first.

Not only was Iizuka director of Sonic Adventure, but he was also one of the main directors of Sonic 3 and NiGHTS. So either he has alot more freedom now than he used to (entirely too much freedom, evidently), or has completely lost his touch. Either way, I am willing to chip in and fund his murder.
No. Iizuka was one of two "senior game designers" for sonic 3. Dunno about NiGHTS though.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

No. Iizuka was one of two "senior game designers" for sonic 3.
That is a pretty name for "director."

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Who the Heck is Sonniku The Battousai??? I must know.

Im friends with a Great Sonic Collector in Japan, owner of Act Select.

he tells me that "Iizuka is mean to the fans and has alot of pride...arrogance."

he looks evil, I bet its all his Fault.

You all Know Sonic Heroes stank in terms of Story and some factors.

and they Turned Vector and Espio into New Ugly looking characters after I waited so much for their return.

But this Game Takes the Cake! the horrible piece of SH*T cake that is.

----------------------------------------

EDIT: Look what I found, is it real?