Weird ass Sonic poll (Official Sega website)

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Double-S-
News Guy

Weird ass Sonic poll (Official Sega website)

Post by Double-S- »

http://www.sega.com/survey/sonic2005/sonic_poll.php

A poll on very random Sonic things. They even ask what character you'd like to star in their own game and what a good title for it would be, and what age group it should appeal to. Interesting.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Man, some of those title options blow.

EDIT: Most, not some.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Dr. Eggman: The World's Not Enough
...Erm...

CE

Post by CE »

"Dr Eggman Strikes Again!" sounds like it'd be an awesome game. You'd create all sorts of Egg schemes to try to destroy Station Square and get rid of Sonic. Any game where I could create a giant egg beater and have it rampage through the city gets an A+ in my book.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I don't get it. That page looks like a joke, like a kid made it (although I know kids can't make forms). How'd you get to that page anyway?
Last edited by Spazz on Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

http://www.sega.com

Keep refreshing until you see it in one of the two mini windows.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

I found it funny that "Sonic and Tails" was an option, since it's already been used before. Also the description "fucktard" would've probably been a better option for the Shadow description.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Shadow: Rebel with a Cause
Dr. Eggman: The World's Not Enough
Those kinda made me laugh. Beware of MGM!!

highwaystar

Post by highwaystar »

Shadow: Sonic's Nemesis
What else would he be? Sonic's Lover?
Dr. Eggman: Robotnik's Revenge
Great title, if you wanted to confuse the fuck out of everyone.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

What, no "Batshit Insane" option for Amy? That's her best quality.

And no "Rock-Stupid" for Knuckles?

I want my Dr. Eggman, game, though! And Dr. Eggman Strikes Again! is an awesome title.

And no Chao-raising game as an option?! Those bastards.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I wonder if this poll will be sent to Sonic Team to give them some idea of what the public want.

...Naaaaah.

Or, is it?

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I am disturbingly fascinated in the title "Knuckles: Fury Fists".

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I think it's a good idea. They could have been a bit more thorough, but it seems like Sega has finally figured out what "primary research" means. The more original Sonic games that come out the better, even if they are called stuff like "Knuckles: Fury Fists".

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Well I would be miffed if we got a Shadow game before a another Tails, a good Knuckles game or an awesome Eggman game.

Well, actually I'll be pretty annoyed if we got a solo Shadow game that plays exactly what Sonic used to be before receiving a good game that just stars the blue hedgehog.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

This does not bode well.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

It really is only a matter of time before Shadow gets his own game (probably for the Gameboy Advance or something); his popularity has almost superseded the series namesake hero. Of course, if it played better that the Advance series, I would give it a fair go.

But if Sega really wanted to hit it big, the "Dr. Eggman Strikes Again!" game idea is where it's at.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Would a solo-Shadow game really be such a terrible idea? The only problem I could see is that gameplay-wise, there isn't much they could do to distinguish it from a Sonic-helmed game.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Esrever wrote:The only problem I could see is that gameplay-wise, there isn't much they could do to distinguish it from a Sonic-helmed game.
That is exactly the problem. If the fans want a Shadow spinoff, then Sega/Dimps should shove him into the cast of the Advance series, and then go to lengths to make the level designs of the game good. There's no use in giving a angsty, pallet-swapped Sonic an entirely separate game series when it will play identically to the other standard Sonic games.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Which is exactly why I would be annoyed at Shadow getting a solo game when there should be only one Sonic--not including Metal Sonic.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

I think an even worse idea would be if Sonic and Shadow had some game together where they had to team-up with each other (ala Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, or Crash Twinsanity). I can just imagine what it would be like:

Sonic: Hey Shadow, Metal Sonic has teamed up with Eggman again to bring about impending bad happenings. If we work together, we can show them the real super power of teamwork!!!

Shadow: No, because I am merely a weapon to bring the destruciton of others. I can't possibly help humanity. Life is miserable (*whinge* *whine* etcetera)…

Ugh. So lame. So very lame.

Grant

Post by Grant »

The thing I don't like about Shadow is that he undermines some of Sonic's best character traits. Sonic is supposed to be brash, irreverent, certainly impulsive and a bit rebellious, right?

To me, Shadow is basically the "punk rawk Sonic" and it seems redundant at best, and at worst reduces Sonic to being a square good guy.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Shadow isn't punk. He's emo.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Artificially emo seems more appropriate. I think in reality Shadow is just in desperate need of some prozac.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't know about that, Grant. Shadow looks darker than Sonic, but Sonic is definitely still the more brash, impulsive and irreverant of the two. Conversely, Shadow is so serious and focused and intellectual. I think there is potential for some really interesting character interaction in there somewhere.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Intellectual?! While he thinks before he acts way more before Sonic, I don't see Shadow sitting down and reading War and Peace or anything.