Shorts - PSOBB/PSO III UK Release/Sonic Advance Retrospect

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts - PSOBB/PSO III UK Release/Sonic Advance Retrospect

Post by big_smile »

<b> Blue Burst Download </b>
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst can be downloaded free from the Sega Japan website

UK: PSO III - Exclusive to GAME
GAME have bought the UK retail rights to PSO III. The game, which will be released on June 11th, can pre-ordered for £32.99. All pre-orders will receive a free Prima mini-hint guide.

^ The Free mini-guide

^PAL Box art

Sonic Advance Retrospect
To coincide with the launch of the latest in Sonic Advance series and the release of the original titles under Sega's budget label, Sonic Team have produced a retrospect that looks back at the use of speed, bosses and Chao.

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

Who on earth has enough time to download that thing? It was getting up to an estimated time of 105 hours when I finally cancelled. And I don't have dial-up either; I have good ol' DSL. Why would they let you download for free anyways? Don't they need some extra cash?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yeah, uh... I'm kind of curious about this. Is it free to play as well?

Segata

Post by Segata »

What is this BB download, exactly? Some kind of demo or is the beta testing version?

aso

Post by aso »

I've been downloading it on GetRight for several hours, and at this point, 6.59 out of 386.43 MB have been downloaded.

... I'll discuss if it actually finishes downloading...

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

What is this BB download, exactly? Some kind of demo or is the beta testing version?
*<A href="http://www.nathantsui.com/ghzforum/view ... 6">Ahem</a>*

It's free for as long as the beta testing period runs. (I hear the beta ends when the game goes retail, which I thought was June 7th, today, but apparently it's sometime in July)

For those of you wanting the gist: PSO Blue Burst is a PC port of "PSO: Episode 1 & 2" to the PC with some minor content additions (a new area), plus server-side saving. It is currently having a public beta test, meaning you can download and play it for free until the beta ends, but you will have to deal with lots of patches and perhaps buggy gameplay.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

aso wrote:I've been downloading it on GetRight for several hours, and at this point, 6.59 out of 386.43 MB have been downloaded.

... I'll discuss if it actually finishes downloading...
That's not particularly daunting, I dl tv shows all the time and those are usually over 400megs. I usually have my episode in under 24 hours. Maybe the server's just slow.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Here's a place you can download it faster!:
http://www.bitway.ne.jp/psobb/dreamnet/

Edit: WAY faster!

So...your welcome, heheh

aso

Post by aso »

Actually, that moved even slower. I'll stick with my (still at) 75% download, yes...

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Some screens for those still downloading:

Splash menu

Opening screen

Some loading screen after selecting the middle option.

I haven't gotten to any actual gameplay yet, this is as far as I've gone so far.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

The loading screen is actually the patch screen. :P I haven't played PSOBB in two weeks, but when I first went on there was a 50mb patch I had to download. By now, I'd assume there's an even bigger patch for me to get.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Yeah, those files are f'ing huge.

Wow...

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

It might be my lack of Japanese deciphering skills speaking for me here, but I haven't actually gotten to any gameplay yet. I downloaded some sort of patches, but I haven't done anything else yet. I guess I need to troubleshoot a few more options.