Shorts: Release Dates: PSOBB Ep4 [JPN] & SMC+ [UK]

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts: Release Dates: PSOBB Ep4 [JPN] & SMC+ [UK]

Post by big_smile »

February Phantasy
:FJ: PSO BB Episode 4 Release date

Sega Japan have announced that Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode 4 will be released in Japan on February 3.

The plot of the updated game revolves around a mysterious crater that was the result of an equally enigmatic meteorite. New gameplay additions include extra monsters, 150 exclusive items and an all new stage.

Sega also plan to include a special edition CD with a limited number of copies.

More details can be found at Dengeki Online and Watch Impress.

Game for a Free T-Shirt?
:FUK: UK: Sonic Mega Collection Plus release date and pre-order offer

Game.net are offering a free Sonic T-Shirt with a limited number of pre-orders for the UK version of Sonic Mega Collection Plus. The imaginative free gift is ideal for the British climate and sports a fetching design based on the game’s box art.

According to the online store, the game will be released in UK stores on the 4th of February. Whereas US gamers received the updated port of the retro compilation for the budget price of $19 (£10), the PAL version will retail for a full £29.99 ($56).

The Game.net homepage can be found here.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I thought PSO:BB was already out in Japan? Am I stupid, or is this some new version or something? What exactly is this Episode 4 business?

Also, any news on the US release? I still want it.

Post by Guest »

Whore

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I didn't know there was a guest system. I just assumed I was logged in.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Only for the Newsboard, since this is technically more part of the site. I'm still waiting to see if anyone actually uses this to comment from the Newsboard.

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

See Episode 4 is just an expansion... Nothing more to it really...

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Just one new stage? Is that in addition to the one new stage that was included in the regular version of BB?

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

As far as I know there was no new level in basic BB, if you are talking about that desert like level is the first level of Episode 4... Also from what I heard there are 3 new areas in Episode 4, but they all are part of the same general place... I think the problem here is that there is no common terms to describe PSO levels by...

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It was easy at first, there were four clean-cut stages, and the only dream of the masses was to get strong enough to make it through the Mines. Then Episode 2 came out and there were two more clean-cut stages that were based on multiplayer stages from Ver 2, plus three new areas that were all part of the same "stage", and it got sticky thereafter.

Has anyone here played BB? I thought it had a new stage. Does it have anything other than that Momoka chick? And speaking of, what purpose does she serve?

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

In BB to advance in the story line you have to talk to her and she gives you "quests", which just means going into an area and advancing to the next room by killing all the monsters in the current room, like the normal game... But you are only allowed to one area at a time, so to beat the whole stage you have to go back down 3 or 4 times... The boss counts as an area... BUt BB was always made for Episode 4, they just wanted the basic package up so people could start to gain levels and test out the servers... And this is all second-hand but it's all true, you have a lot time when you watching X-Files reruns till 6 AM...

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Why would I accept quests from that flat-chested little girl? These new PSO players must be soft, because back in my day, Hunters only took Guild-approved quests handed out by busty blonde babes, and then the payout had to be damn good.

And let me tell you something else -- we were happy for the opportunity to slog through the Caves again and again and again, and when we got killed in battle, our currently equipped weapon would be DROPPED. And in those days, you couldn't even be sure you were going to make it back to the point where you fell, because we had to live in constant fear of the Black Screen of Doom, which would be an immediate signal to leap from your chair and yank the network cable out from the DC, or risk losing all of your equipment.

And you know what? We were BETTER hunters because of it all. Those players today are pussies. Nothing but whiny, froofy panty wads who don't realize how well-pampered they are.

Of course, we always played for free, too......

Grant

Post by Grant »

Green Gibbon! wrote:froofy
What a nice word. I think I'm going to try and use it today..

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

chriscaffee wrote:I didn't know there was a guest system. I just assumed I was logged in.
For some reason, I <i>can't</i> log out, no matter how many times I click "Log out"

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I've always been able to log out.

Oh and if it is just one new stage why is it called Episode 4?

Post by Guest »

It used to be the reverse for me. I would log in and then it would take me back to the Forum Index, but I wasn't logged in. I would usually have to log in two or three times to get it to work.

Incidently I didn't log in again. Oh well. Just so you guys know it's me...

Barrett's new upper reciever for the M107 .50BMG rifle converts it into a 25mm Payload rifle. The 25mm rounds are of course explosive grenades similar to those being worked on for the OCSW and OICW (now the XM25). Again, this round is designed for anti-material use against lightly armored targets. The great thing about this round is that it is effective at up to 2000m away since it's an explosive and it's potency isn't as heavily based on velocity as a pure KE round like the 12.7mm x 99 (.50BMG).

Post by Guest »

And the 25mm version is the XM109 in US Army nomenclature. Though it uses the same lower reciever as the M107. Just thought I would clear that up in case there was confusion and anyone cared.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

chriscaffee wrote:I would log in and then it would take me back to the Forum Index, but I wasn't logged in. I would usually have to log in two or three times to get it to work.
Yeah, but that happens to just about everyone, it's phpBB.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Why are you posting as "Guest"? You know you can type in your username as a guest?

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Barrett's new upper reciever for the M107 .50BMG rifle converts it into a 25mm Payload rifle. The 25mm rounds are of course explosive grenades similar to those being worked on for the OCSW and OICW (now the XM25). Again, this round is designed for anti-material use against lightly armored targets. The great thing about this round is that it is effective at up to 2000m away since it's an explosive and it's potency isn't as heavily based on velocity as a pure KE round like the 12.7mm x 99 (.50BMG).
...'Kay.

chriscaffeeHASbeenTAKEN

Post by chriscaffeeHASbeenTAKEN »

Oh snap. I see what you mean. I didn't notice that.
Yeah, but that happens to just about everyone, it's phpBB.
Don't tell me about computers. Anything more complicated then an Excel spreadsheet is magic.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

chriscaffee wrote:Guns *boner*
STOP POSTING GUNS IN EVERY SINGLE FREAKING THREAD.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Caffee is at his least annoying when posting about guns. Don't tell him to stop posting about guns, for fear that he will and then we will have to listen to the rest of his shit.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Rude women belong in the kitchen.

STOP POSTING GUNS IN EVERY SINGLE FREAKING THREAD.
Stop pretending to get frusturated at pointless shit you can ignore.

Edited: Because guns are spam.
Last edited by chriscaffee on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

chriscaffee wrote:Rude women belong in the kitchen.
How would you know? You're too busy with your guns to know anything about women.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Seriously, start some thread about guns or something. Quit spamming those things everywhere for no reason.