Sonic Mega Collection Plus Shorts

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Especially when you combine it with the wall crawl glitch and if there aren't any rocket launchers on the map, or the driver snatched the only one. I still like the Wraith better, it's more stylish.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

It's all about the Ghost. Suicide missions against Scorpions are teh win.
And Wraiths are for hosers.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Ghosts are for furries.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...Duh.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Ghost against a Scorpion? The driver of the Scorpion must be absolutely retarded. The Ghost is only good for killing guys on foot this time around. You gotta keep the Ghosts weak spot away from them though.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

What would this WEAK SPOT be?!?!? Just use the L boost and you're an unboardable splattering machine.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...If you're going in a straight line, they can drive over you, and you die.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

There is a gas tank on the left side that will kill the Ghost in two BR bursts or one SR shot. It was actually modeled on the Ghost in the first game, but it didn't do any extra damage when shot. And as for Ghosts being unstoppable, that is hardly the case. With Master Chief's black skills he can now easily jump over a boosting Ghost, dropping grenades and spraying the pilot with plenty of fire power. I can't count the number of times I have taken out a Ghost pilot with well placed shots from a BR while he is trying to ram me.

The velocity of the plasma projectiles is also so slow that one must lead the target or be right in their face. The projectiles also cross paths so at range only one stream or the other will ever hit your foe.

Ghosts are easy to board because their maneuvering options while boosting are limited and more often then not they end up in a wall or slow down enough so the pilot's head is in view as he turns. Ghosts are much more balanced then they were in the last game where they could stand toe to toe with tanks.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

That's funny, I never had that happen to me. The only times I've been blown up quickly in a brand new Ghost are the results of rocket launchers. And it's really simple to avoid getting easily killed/boarded: try to avoid boosting people who are staring right at you, don't ever do it straight into a wall, and never turn around to try and resplatter a player after a missed attempt, unless he's completely ignorant somehow. Pretty common sense, actually, I learned it within my first few games.

Wtf are the BR, SR, and black skills. And when did the conversation turn to the Ghost's gun.

Anyways, I don't even really give a crap about any of this Halo analyzation. The only time I ever play Halo/2 is if there's a friend to do so with, and even then it's nothing entirely special.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

That would be:

Battle Rifle
Sniper Rifle
The ability to jump higher then in the first game.

<I>And it's really simple to avoid getting easily killed/boarded: try to avoid boosting people who are staring right at you, don't ever do it straight into a wall, and never turn around to try and resplatter a player after a missed attempt, unless he's completely ignorant somehow. Pretty common sense, actually, I learned it within my first few games.
</I>

If you don't turn around, then you will boost into a wall so your strategy is pretty contradictory. Obviously if you are in Coag and just boosting around the map, yes you can avoid death very easily if there are no tanks. You also won't be getting very many kills. It's pretty much like hiding. And if you already boosted past the guy, your head is exposed so it's too little too late whether you turned around or not.

As for the change in conversation, I can pose the same question to you. When did it become about wether or not Halo is something special and your playing habits? At least the Ghost guns is related to the original discussion of why the Ghost sucks rather then a discussion about the discussion.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

chriscaffee wrote:If you don't turn around, then you will boost into a wall so your strategy is pretty contradictory.
Uh, no, you can use a technique called stop boosting. Then adjust your heading, and boost off and away. And unless you're playing against one of those losers who has nothing better to do than practice his sniping skills 5 hours a day, you won't take any regrettable amount of damage (at least by the guy you tried to run over... somebody else might get you, as always).
chriscaffee wrote:As for the change in conversation, I can pose the same question to you. When did it become about wether or not Halo is something special and your playing habits? At least the Ghost guns is related to the original discussion of why the Ghost sucks rather then a discussion about the discussion.
I was talking about Halo, then stated that I don't care about it all that much. You were talking about a specific aspect of the Ghost in Halo (splattering) and then just started talking about the gun (which nobody had mentioned at all before)... and then went back to the splattering topic.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...I hate talking with you guys about games. You suck all the fun out of smack talk.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

You just contradicted yourself again but whatever. I find it isn't difficult to snipe people out of Ghosts, I guess that makes me a loser but since the guy in the Ghost is dead, I submit that he is the loser. I've defeated Ghosts with BRs, Carbines, Shotguns, hell even an SMG. I think you just play with people that suck.

And nobody before mentioned about whether you cared about this topic or Halo. I also made the comment about the guns in a second paragraph. I'm sorry the order of my paragraphs displeased you, but even dicusssing this is another tangent and wasn't what we were talking about. I brought up the guns, for the record, because if you miss on the first splat, the only alternatives are to try and splat again (which you said you don't do), shoot at them, or run away. Running away doesn't get kills and in confined environments like Zanzibar it isn't exactly the best option.

The entire thesis of my argument would be that the Ghosts have been strongly toned down. Running people over in the first Halo was far easier and the threat of boarding was non-existent no matter what speed you flew at. You see not everything in my post has to relate directly to your posts and others previous posts. If that were the case, no one would be talking about Ghosts right now.

And if you really don't care, one has to wonder, why do you keep responding?

<I>...I hate talking with you guys about games. You suck all the fun out of smack talk.</I>

And you suck all the fun-juice out of penises.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...I'm very curious why everyone makes gay jokes about me. It's puzzling, to say the least.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Halo is overrated.

End of discussion.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Baba O'Reily wrote:...I'm very curious why everyone makes gay jokes about me. It's puzzling, to say the least.
Er, because everyone makes gay jokes about everybody?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Halo is overrated.

End of discussion.
What does that even have to do with the discussion? Or the discussion about the discussion. Seriously you just started your own little discussion and ended it within the body of your own post, to no point I might add.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I think we've found the GHZ equivalent of Matt Hayter. Psx, back me up on this, wherever you are.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Delphine wrote:
Baba O'Reily wrote:...I'm very curious why everyone makes gay jokes about me. It's puzzling, to say the least.
Er, because everyone makes gay jokes about everybody?
I know, but that's like two in a row.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Baba O'Reily wrote:
Delphine wrote: Er, because everyone makes gay jokes about everybody?
I know, but that's like two in a row.
Yeah, like the two cocks that you sucked in a row.
Last edited by Grant on Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Your mom went to college.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

You guys are RETARDED!

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Welcome to the GHZ.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Mad props on that new avatar, j-man.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

The only reason Halo is overrated is because no game could possibly live up to the hype it has. It's a damn good console FPS, probably the best, and we were just discussing different tactics. Yet you guys always have to be fags and say HALO IS GHEY!!!! Oh and by you guys I meant NT, fag.