Sonic Mega Collection Plus Shorts

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I think he means in regards to the plot.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

CLEARLY!

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Plot notwithstanding, it's pretty obvious that Knuckles as a playable character was meant to be a hidden extra, unlocked after getting a good ending in Sonic's game in the complete Sonic 3. His run through the zones were merely a bonus "epilogue" to the main story.

Of course, we know how things eventually ended up.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Hush.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Rlan wrote:Hush.
Thank you.

The only explanation is that they were <i>alternate</i> storylines.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Don't start with the parallel universe theories.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Zeta wrote:Don't start with the parallel universe theories.
Yeah, is just a videogame, is not like they cared much for the plot in the first Sonic games.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Zeta wrote:Don't start with the parallel universe theories.
Not exactly what I meant. Alternate simply meant that they were the same story, but told differently. Similar to SA2, where you chose the Hero or Dark side, they pretty much both ended the same way, leading to the Last stage.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Except that doens't really make sense at all, considering that Sonic never attacks Knuckles or anything during Knuckles' scenario. In fact, he's totally absent . . . plotwise, the only thing the two games have in common are the stages, and Knuckles himself. Oh, and Metal Sonic - but the role he plays in each is vastly different.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I had always thought that Knuckles' game showed what Knuckles was doing when he wasn't dropping Sonic down holes, punching boulders, and (worst of all!) dimming the lights. Like it turned out he was really quite busy on his own and the whole rock-punching thing was something he only rarely had time to partake in.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

I came to the same conclusion after playing and completing both games way back when. But it never sat right how they could have neglected adding in all the mischief Knuckles causes Sonic. Truly, I wanted to be the bad guy for a change and take out Sonic in some fashion, be it dropping rocks on him or having him blown into the air by huge vents.

Once I started to notice the missing details in the backgrounds (like the Death Egg, for starters) the "at the same time" plot device/gameplay gimmick sorta fell through.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I had always thought that Knuckles' game showed what Knuckles was doing when he wasn't dropping Sonic down holes, punching boulders, and (worst of all!) dimming the lights. Like it turned out he was really quite busy on his own and the whole rock-punching thing was something he only rarely had time to partake in.
Again, as I said - that doesn't hold water. The whole reason Knuckles is dropping Sonic down holes and such is because he thinks Sonic is evil and Eggman is good.

That reasoning makes absolutely no sense if a robot clone of Eggman is trying to blow Knuckles up, and Eggman's army is trying to kill the pissed-off Echidna.

It WOULD problably make sense if it was Metal Sonic instead of EggRobo pulling the crap - because Knuckles is stupid enough to not be able to tell the difference, but alas . . .

CE

Post by CE »

"It's an Eggman shaped robot! Sonic must be trying to make me think Eggman is evil! Well too bad for Sonic, I won't fall for that trick again."

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Exactly!

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

But the Death Egg is missing in the background during Knux's game. That means his game has to take place AFTER the Death Egg has launched, which means after Sonic's game is over.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

But how did the Master emerald get stolen again after Sonic destroyed the Death Egg? Is Knuckles just that bad at his job?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Probably.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

But how did the Master emerald get stolen again after Sonic destroyed the Death Egg? Is Knuckles just that bad at his job?
Dude, in Sonic Adventure, Eggman presumably just walked past Knuckles while he was sleeping and broke the Master Emerald.

Knuckles sucks at guarding the Emeralds. He needs to find another career path.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Wow, what with his destiny and all it must really suck to be him.
But I always thought that Chaos broke out of the Master Emerald by himself for reasons not ever fully explained.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I thought Eggman had done something to draw him out. Wafted the smell of a chaos emerald out in that direction or something.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I think Knuckles wanted to be a lumberjack.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

It must have been stolen right at the end of Knuckles' game. If the theft had occured earlier, then Angel Island would have fallen into the sea by the time Knuckles reached Sky Sanctuary. (Plus, the Master Emerald is still present in Hidden Palace when Knuckles plays the special stages).
Wow, what with his destiny and all it must really suck to be him.
But I always thought that Chaos broke out of the Master Emerald by himself for reasons not ever fully explained.
I think Eggman released him, by cracking open the Emerald with a laser (The Eggcarrier appears just at the start of Knuckles's story).

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

That makes sense,

also I always knew Knuckles Story was after Soniç's, there were lots of clues that suggested it was. as all you guys have pointed out ;)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Knuckles was just too stoned to give a shit about the Emerald. I'm sure we've been through this.