Sonic Mega Collection Plus Shorts

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Knuckles was my favorite character, because my dad made fisting jokes about him and it made me laugh.
Those were the days...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Baba O'Reily wrote:Knuckles was my favorite character, because my dad made fisting jokes about him and it made me laugh.
Those were the days...
O.o

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

O.o indeed.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Wow...just wow...

It all makes sense about why Baba's mind is like the way it is...

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Nope, there's more to the story! Though, we won't delve into that.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Slowly, it's all coming together. I'm just waiting for when Baba will start a topic and reveal the story behind that one fateful day at the petting zoo...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Or the father's day when he forgot to give a gift to his pop, so his dad asked him to . . .

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Or that time he got involved in that terrible peanut butter-
HEY! I see what you're doing here, and I don't like it!

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Can somebody explain to me where the Sky Sanctuary Zone is located? I'm having a debate with my brother on the geography between The Floating Island, and it's Hidden Palace Zone, and where Sky Sanctuary Zone is located.

It's getting complicated, and I want to see where you guys stand on this.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Considering it's a straight trip up from Hidden Palace Zone, I'd say it's in the sky over Angel Island, but with a rather lenient gravitational anchor, considering that you actually see Angel Island in the background of Sky Sanctuary in Knuckles' game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'd say that normally Sky Sanctuary is directly above Hidden Palance. However, the fucking around with the island in the first place by Eggman and Sonic and Tails caused it to drift away in the sky by the time the climax of Knuckles' game comes around.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Why are we even arguing this?

shadowman

Post by shadowman »

Because they dont have anything else to argue about.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

I'd say that normally Sky Sanctuary is directly above Hidden Palance. However, the fucking around with the island in the first place by Eggman and Sonic and Tails caused it to drift away in the sky by the time the climax of Knuckles' game comes around.
Yes.
Because they dont have anything else to argue about.
Boxers or briefs?

aso

Post by aso »

shadowman wrote:Because they dont have anything else to argue about.
Better than "sonadow rox!!" or "read my fanfic" or "Sonic Adventure 3: My Overly Convoluted Version".

Ryan the Game Master

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

Knux's adventure happened after Sonic & Tails left.

The reason why EggRobo took over was probably a glitch in his system. So he decided to pick up where Eggman left off because a) Sonic Team couldn't have Robotnik just be there again and b) He's a stupid robot. :p

Anyway, that explains why Angel Island was torched the second time. EggRobo was trying recreate the situation. This explains the revived Mecha Sonic (I think that's just an updated Silver Sonic, but that's going off-topic). Plus, if both adventures happened at the same time, Angel Island wouldn't have been in the sky during Knuckles' last boss and Sonic wouldn't have shown up in the Tornado to save him (and the Master Emerald if you have the good ending).

That's my take on it.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

aso wrote:
shadowman wrote:Because they dont have anything else to argue about.
Better than "sonadow rox!!" or "read my fanfic" or "Sonic Adventure 3: My Overly Convoluted Version".
Why is it that the two main (Male) characters are instantly assumed to be gay in any given fanfic? I'm not saying it's impossible for Sonic to like wang, but it's in every stupid game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Compensation, I guess. There have been videogames with asians as main characters, native americans, blacks, jews, arabians, whites, furries, transexuals, crossdressers, bestialists (Tomba!), AND pedophiles (Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker) - but I can't think of a single game with a gay protagonist. Gay villains - yes. Lots, actually. Gay playable character - not so much.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

The only examples I can think of are the gimmicky Lesbian characters in Fear Effect 2 and that Xena game for the PS.

There's much more to be found, of course, if you're just looking for characters who LOOK gay. In that case, you've got Laharl from Disgaea and prettymuch the entire male cast of Chrono Cross, and that's just off the top of my head.

What game had a Jewish protagonist?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Zeta wrote:... but I can't think of a single game with a gay protagonist. Gay villains - yes. Lots, actually. Gay playable character - not so much.
Ah, but you forget Squall Leonhart, the gayest gay man that ever gayed.

My dream game is an RPG which is part dating sim in which the player character get with whoever you tell him/her to get with -- man, woman, humanoid beasty, whatever. And there's all sorts of levels of friendships and romantic relationships and it affects FMVs and in some cases the outcome of the game. There's the chance to get it on with the bad guys, which of course drastically changes the course of the game.

It'll never happen, but still.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

So, Thousand Arms 2?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

What game had a Jewish protagonist?
I know of some more, I think. But I'm so tired, I can't remember the more mundane ones. Anyways, the only one that immediately comes to mind right now is Dr. Zoidberg as a playable character in Futurama's videogame. But there's got to be some survival horror games out there with steins or bergs or whatever as playable characters.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Having a Jewish name doesn't make a person Jewish. I want to see some yarmulkas.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Zeta wrote:... but I can't think of a single game with a gay protagonist. Gay villains - yes. Lots, actually. Gay playable character - not so much.
What about Zangief? What, I heard he was gay.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Game Master wrote:Knux's adventure happened after Sonic & Tails left.

The reason why EggRobo took over was probably a glitch in his system. So he decided to pick up where Eggman left off because a) Sonic Team couldn't have Robotnik just be there again and b) He's a stupid robot. :p

Anyway, that explains why Angel Island was torched the second time. EggRobo was trying recreate the situation. This explains the revived Mecha Sonic (I think that's just an updated Silver Sonic, but that's going off-topic). Plus, if both adventures happened at the same time, Angel Island wouldn't have been in the sky during Knuckles' last boss and Sonic wouldn't have shown up in the Tornado to save him (and the Master Emerald if you have the good ending).

That's my take on it.
That explains why Knuckles turns super in the next game...envy. Knuckles had to play Sonic 3 all alone, with no sidekick and it the last minute the freaking blue hedgehog comes to save the day…

Now I get it, Knuckles is not that stupid, he just wants to get an excuse to trash Sonic every time he can. Then when he is losing, he just pretends that he was tricked by Eggman…again.

That’s by version of the story and I bash your head with it!