Shorts: Sonic Mega Collection Plus/PSO BB with POPlay

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts: Sonic Mega Collection Plus/PSO BB with POPlay

Post by big_smile »

Sonic Mega Collection Plus Product information pages

Sega Japan have launched product information pages for the PS2 and X-Box versions of Sonic Mega Collection Plus. The pages contain no new details about the compilation, but merely briefly decribed the main 7 Mega Drive games and list the 6 Game Gear titles. A confirmation of extras in the form of illustrations and data is also given. Somewhat interestingly, more information about additional titles is promised to follow. However, the extra unlockable games such as Flicky and Ristar are not mentioned.

As with the Gamecube original, the Japanese versions of the updated collection will be released after the American edition, on December 9th. (The US game will be released in November).

The PS2 page can be found here, the X-Box page is available here, while the official Japanese Sonic Mega Collection Plus website can be accessed here.

PSOBB to be bundled with POPlay

Japanese company ISAO will be including a copy of PSOBB with each of its POPlay devices. POPlay is essentially cubed shape PC that was originally designed as a competition prize for the Japanese 'Game Chance' contest. However, due to consumer demand, ISAO have decided to release the console together with PSOBB and 7 other online games.

More details at Watch Impress

aso

Post by aso »

Additional titles? Does this mean they might actually be planning on adding something more to the library in SMC+?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Damn. This would be unfair.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I'll say. Plus is going to have to have over 6 or 7 more games already than the Gamecube version of Mega Collection, and at half the price!

Not fair making me pay $40 for games I already own, Sega. Bad Sega! Bad, bad Sega! No treat for you!