It (I) can be died, if it is for you.

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I bet that's why all the girls I know like Final Fantasy VIII. The summoning scenes were exceptionally long. They just made my hands numb, to be honest.

Eww, that game was lame.
~Neo

Guuuh... HAL JORDAN!!!

Post by Guest »

Some strange crap I found.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

God I hate sprite comics.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Final Fantasy fans are the bane of existence. Not my existence, just the existence of everything in general.

Slightly on-topic, 6 was the only one I liked.

Chaos Control

Post by Chaos Control »

Crazy Penguin wrote:God I hate sprite comics.
Who doesn't?!?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

j-man wrote:
Have you forgotten about the mastubatory innovation that was the Rumble Pack?
I bet that's why all the girls I know like Final Fantasy VIII. The summoning scenes were exceptionally long. They just made my hands numb, to be honest.
Actually, it's the hot guys and the slash possibilities.

I wish I were kidding.

I liked the Junction system alot, but I seem to be in the minority. *shrug* I've always been the weird one.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, it's the hot guys and the slash possibilities.
You know, they made FFX-II to appeal to preteen girls and guys who like cheesecake.

But really, they need a counterpart game where three hot guys play dress-up, run around hugging and touching eachother, and "buddy-bond" with eachother for several hours.

Greatest game EVAR.

CE

Post by CE »

Why must every single sprite comic either use Mega Man or Sonic?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I don't know. I'm almost offended that there have been no webcomics with altered Mario sprites.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

What about 8-Bit theater?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

What about it? Besides the fact that it's the only good sprite comic ever produced?

I'm not including Secret of Mana Theater - 'cause that's mostly a cartoon that uses sprites. And not including Kid Radd - because all of the sprites are original creations not ripped from pre-existing games, and most of it is animated, too.

Guuuh... HAL JORDAN!!!

Post by Guest »

Why all of the sprite comics use ripped Mega Man sprites??? That's easy!!!

That's because the first (even before 8-bit Theater... I think) sprite comic ever was Bob and George.

Never heard of it??? Go to http://www.bobandgeorge.com ... yeah, that's the url.

BTW, not ALL sprite comics sucks... at least not 8-bit nor BnG

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Bob and George was first, and it used to be funny, but then it just got dry.

Guuuh... HAL JORDAN!!!

Post by Guest »

Well, they've been alive for... I dunno... 5 years already???

I mean, even Penny Arcade has to re-use old jokes... it was obvious BnG was going to use the same running gags OVER and OVER again...

But the main guy, Dave, is a nice fellow, something that is extremelly weird for a guy who practically started the Sprite Comics "industry" ... and somewhat talented of course... mmh... I wonder what would happen if Gibbon and Dave talked???

... HELL... and NEKKID BOOBIES...

aso

Post by aso »

Huh. There's one good sprite comic out there.

.. technically, it's 'fake' sprites. Whichever.

Kid Radd

And, hey, unlike 'Bob & George', '8-Bit Theater', or whatever else, it actually has its own, original story, and an ending. An actual ending. No dragging it out to fill the author's coffers.

Guuuh... HALL JORDAN!!!

Post by Guest »

You REALLY need to check http://www.fragile-minds.com ... they have several sprite comics...

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

And back on to the original topic,

Kikizo posted a video of the game in action complete with EXTREME NAKA TOUCHING!

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Vegeta's gone to pot since the end of Dragonball.

Why the mosaic effect on the actual DS? Unless they were afraid someone was going to plop a penis there...

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

IGN reports that this game will come to North America and be a launch title with a new name Feel the Magic: XY-XX
Sega's first Nintendo DS game, previously known as Project Rub and revealed as Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru ("I Would Die for You") is coming to the US as Feel the Magic: XY-XX. And yes, the game is as quirky as the title. Sega recently invited me down to their offices to wrap my hands around this unique collection of challenges. Whether the game is a success remains to be seen, but at the very least, I had a goofy smile on my face nearly the entire time I played the game. That should say something right there.

Feel the Magic: XY-XX follows the game's protagonist: you. You're out to score the affection of a particular beauty, and to really get in with her you'll partner up with a group of celebrity super performers in bunny ears: the Rub Rabbits. To really impress the girl of your dreams, you must partake in a series of absolutely whacked out challenges that will really get her attention.

The game is created in a very cool and unique art style that's reminiscent of the iPod commercials...something that hasn't really been seen in a videogame before. This style puts the DS' 2D and 3D capabilities to use...in many places, those silhouette characters are actually realtime 3D models. The story's told in comicbook fashion, where each panel unfolds to show what's going on in the game.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/554/554126p1.html

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Wake me when they release "Feel the Magic: XY-XY Version".

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

You are going have to import that version. ;)

Lucky the DS is region free. =D

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Ngangbius wrote:IGN reports that this game will come to North America and be a launch title with a new name Feel the Magic: XY-XX
Sega's first Nintendo DS game, previously known as Project Rub and revealed as Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru ("I Would Die for You") is coming to the US as Feel the Magic: XY-XX. And yes, the game is as quirky as the title. Sega recently invited me down to their offices to wrap my hands around this unique collection of challenges. Whether the game is a success remains to be seen, but at the very least, I had a goofy smile on my face nearly the entire time I played the game. That should say something right there.

Feel the Magic: XY-XX follows the game's protagonist: you. You're out to score the affection of a particular beauty, and to really get in with her you'll partner up with a group of celebrity super performers in bunny ears: the Rub Rabbits. To really impress the girl of your dreams, you must partake in a series of absolutely whacked out challenges that will really get her attention.

The game is created in a very cool and unique art style that's reminiscent of the iPod commercials...something that hasn't really been seen in a videogame before. This style puts the DS' 2D and 3D capabilities to use...in many places, those silhouette characters are actually realtime 3D models. The story's told in comicbook fashion, where each panel unfolds to show what's going on in the game.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/554/554126p1.html
Some of the games mentioned in that article are really bizarre (especially the microphone based ones), but it's good to see Sonic Team doing something innovative and new. I just hope the games have some substance and don't end up being simple gimmicks to promote features of the DS hardware.

Although, I'm not too keen on the new name. Kimishine suited the romantic and laid back style of the game, whereas Feel the Magic : XY-XX sounds a bit too scientific.

^_^

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

U.S. Boxart as seen on EBGames:

Dash

Post by Dash »

Mmm... Sexay.

Still not too keen on the new title though. "I Would "Dye" For You" would have been an awesome name=D

Get it? "Dye"! Because of all the colors! Funny, right?!**shot**

Guuuh... HAL JORDAN!!!

Post by Guest »

Mmmh... still, I don't think those pizza-faced workers at Wal Marts, Toys r' Us and stuff are going to look at you with respect after discovering you're old, with beard, and still playing videogames with nearly-nekkid chicks.

I mean, after the nude patches for DOA for X-Box, must of my necesity to play such things dissapeared.

And then reapered with Eiken... STUPID EIKEN!!!