Sonic the Fighters coming to PSN/XBLA with Honey

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Sonic the Fighters coming to PSN/XBLA with Honey

Post by Crazy Penguin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLUHKE6gyI&noredirect=1

Sonic the Fighters is heading to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, along with several other Sega Model 2 arcade games. This edition will feature online play, and as revealed by the trailer, playable versions of Metal Sonic, Eggman and the previously unused Honey.

No apparent additions to the other games aside from online play. Virtual On never feels right without the twin sticks.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Re: Sonic the Fighters coming to PSN/XBLA with Honey

Post by The Doc »

Well, whoop-dee-shit.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I wonder if Virtual On will have any of the features of the PS2 version, ie, playable Z-Gradt and big head mode?

Dash

Post by Dash »

It's pretty cool to see Sonic the Fighters get some more exposure and added features. I know it isn't particularly deep, but I find it pretty fun. And maybe if it garners enough interest they can get the AM2 fellows from the most recent VF5 expansion to get cracking on a new one... ?

Is this some kind of collection of Model 2 games akin to Gems or just a smattering of downloads like the Vintage Collection they released some time back? I actually prefer the full-blown Namco Museum/Sonic Jam-like virtual museum treatment, with tidbits and trivia, but few publishers seem interested in doing that anymore. A shame really.

Oh and as far as twin sticks for Virtual On, the option is out there if you want to spend the cash. I would probably call it a worthwhile investment.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Oh and as far as twin sticks for Virtual On, the option is out there if you want to spend the cash. I would probably call it a worthwhile investment.
I didn't realize these were still available. It's "only" 30,000yen but when you figure in the US exchange rate and cost of importing it ends up being well over $400, or at least that was the case when they did their initial run of them. I'm sure it's a superior product but it's worth noting that the Dreamcast sticks only cost around 7,000yen, so I feel like the price is grossly inflated.

Honestly I had a blast with XBLA VOOT with the default controller, and I say that as a kind of maniac. I had to draw the line somewhere!

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

I'm surprised they're still capable to edit these old titles. I know a lot of the older Sonic games source codes have long since been lost.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Isn't AM2 generally better about that? I think I heard that the Gems version was a straight port done by them specifically.