Sonic Generations

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Esrever
Drano Master

Re: Sonic Generations

Post by Esrever »

I don't think anyone who regularly posts on any sort of Sonic fansite really has a right to judge these people. The appropriate amount of time anyone over the age of twelve ought to be devoting Sonic fandom is probably none at all. I don't think it makes us particularly better adjusted just because we like to be dorks in the privacy of our own homes without wearing stupid hats.

Can we also issue a moratorium on "autistic" as a catch all insult for the most obsessive Sonic fans? It unfairly glosses over of the herculean efforts of Sonic dorks who have worked hard to cultivate an unhealthy obsession without the aid of a medical disorder. It's also insulting to autistic people with better taste in games.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Esrever wrote:I don't think anyone who regularly posts on any sort of Sonic fansite really has a right to judge these people. The appropriate amount of time anyone over the age of twelve ought to be devoting Sonic fandom is probably none at all. I don't think it makes us particularly better adjusted just because we like to be dorks in the privacy of our own homes without wearing stupid hats.

Can we also issue a moratorium on "autistic" as a catch all insult for the most obsessive Sonic fans? It unfairly glosses over of the herculean efforts of Sonic dorks who have worked hard to cultivate an unhealthy obsession without the aid of a medical disorder. It's also insulting to autistic people with better taste in games.
Yeah I really don't think any of us are fit to look down on these people. If anything their enthusiasm was infectious.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Yeah, I'd really rather we stopped using the word autism as an insult. It's pretty infantile and personally makes me feel quite uncomfortable (because I've worked with autistic people in the past and most likely will in the future as well).

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Not to bring the tone of the conversation back down again, but the big zit right in the middle of the forehead of that Super Sonic tattoo is amazing.
Last edited by Crowbar on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

....Is Malchik Kogen?

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

I like how Radrappy has the same facial expression in every picture. Especially since it looks like a murderous grin.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

that's my PR face.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Esrever wrote:I don't think anyone who regularly posts on any sort of Sonic fansite really has a right to judge these people.
I can and do, because at least I can admit that everything in the franchise from the last ~10 years is shit.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Segaholic2 wrote:I can and do, because at least I can admit that everything in the franchise from the last ~10 years is shit.

Give or take a couple days, but I'd say that's about right.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Ritz wrote:Gamespot streamed all of City Escape about half an hour ago. Classic, modern.
In both videos a Chao floats around Sonic for around five seconds half way through. What's the deal with that?

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

Thats omochao. In the footage they showed at sonic boom, he was present in greenhill zone as a guide as well. Take that as you will.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

Radrappy wrote:Thats omochao. In the footage they showed at sonic boom, he was present in greenhill zone as a guide as well. Take that as you will.
I know it's the tiniest thing to get pissed off about, but seriously, Omochao is one of the most embarrassingly obnoxious characters to come out of the franchise. I'd presume Sega are trying to include elements from all over the franchise's history, but that's not one I want to remember.

</pettiness>

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Sonic Colours had an option to turn the help guides off. Hopefully that will be true of Generations as well.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

He'd make sense to have floating around in City Escape since he's an SA2 character, but he shouldn't be in Green Hill. :[

They could've had a Flicky for Green Hill. Actually, maybe they could've had a different guide for every game! That would've been neat!

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Segaholic2 wrote:
Esrever wrote:I don't think anyone who regularly posts on any sort of Sonic fansite really has a right to judge these people.
I can and do, because at least I can admit that everything in the franchise from the last ~10 years is shit.
Remember, If you're ever in my area, I'll buy you a house with all the money this franchise has saved me.

Also, does anyone find it funny Sega has, seemingly, taken in fan advice and applied it to Generations, but Dimps (Sonic 4 developers) is apparently stuck in a vacuum when seeing their Generations port.

With that in mind, I also find it entertaining that Sega seems hell bent on giving us Generations just to give fans it's "classic" fix so they can go on to making more lame 3D games.

Oh, and here's some more SoA and Sonic 4 failure.

Malchik

Post by Malchik »

Crisis wrote:Yeah, I'd really rather we stopped using the word autism as an insult.
I'll apologies to Delph, but no one else.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

Oh man forgive me for linking to TSSSZ but this is fucking hilarious
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/06/10/e3-v ... -ign-demo/
The reactions are priceless. 4 months Sonic Team. Good fucking luck. At least it certainly FEELS like SA2 now. :wink:

Malchik

Post by Malchik »

*headdesk*

Dash

Post by Dash »

Man, seeing Classic Sonic on a skateboard just feels so 90's and so right. Glad they picked this stage, as it was always one of my favorites. And the Wanted poster cameos were something beyond my expectations(also might be a good idea to make Bark and Bean bad dudes if brought back, to fill up the rouge gallery some). Really, I'm impressed. It feels like it has a good shot at being the love letter to the franchise we'd like it to be. I'm just hoping for a non-deplorable story at this point!

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

story? cameos? fuck that. I want good gameplay and no glitches and shit.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Sorry I just hit reply from seeing page 17.. I left it open and didn't refresh to see the new developments. My bad. Yeah, I know it's not the top of priorities for this thing, I just liked the nods. The glitch business is disheartening, to say the least=/

Malchik

Post by Malchik »

Expecting a Sonic game to not have lazy glitches is abstract and downright absurd.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Unleashed and Colors didn't have any.

Malchik

Post by Malchik »

Rob-Bert wrote:Unleashed and Colors didn't have any.
I wrote an incredibly long argument to why you are wrong but then I realized you had to be joking.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Segaholic2 wrote:
Is there very much in the world that you don't find shit?

Just genuinely curious.