Sonic Generations

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Blount

Re: Sonic Generations

Post by Blount »

I'm not about to say Colors didn't have glitches, but I will say that I played the feces out of it last year, and I didn't come across anything like that. Unlike a lot of Sonic Team's efforts, that game felt polished. Hell, they even added extra springs and stuff for Super Sonic in the few parts that required you to use wisps. I was surprised they actually remembered to do that!

Can't speak for Unleashed, though.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Unleashed is equally polished. Infinitely moreso than Sonic '06, Shadow, Heroes, SA2 or SA1. Any glitches that happen to be present must be actively sought out.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

The only thing technically wrong with unleashed was that it would often suffer from slowdown.

John Pannozzi

Post by John Pannozzi »

Crisis wrote:Yeah, I'd really rather we stopped using the word autism as an insult. It's pretty infantile and personally makes me feel quite uncomfortable (because I've worked with autistic people in the past and most likely will in the future as well).
Word. I happen to have Aspergers Syndrome myself, BTW.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Malchik wrote:
Crisis wrote:Yeah, I'd really rather we stopped using the word autism as an insult.
I'll apologies to Delph, but no one else.
That's nice, but it doesn't make you less of a douchebag for using a legitimate medical condition to negatively describe people who indulge in activities you decree as asinine.

You also spelled apologize wrong.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

It's Kogen's legacy. On my honor, I'll defend the use of autism for derision to the grave.

Don't irony ban me, though!

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Haha. You're funny.

Emperor Omochao

Post by Emperor Omochao »

I have fond memories of glitches in Chemical Plant Zone, Launch Base zone and many other zones. It's nice to see they put glitches in as part of Sonic's history. :)

Alexrd
Now Playing: Proun

Post by Alexrd »

Neo wrote:Give or take a couple days, but I'd say that's about right.
What about SA1? That's where shit started.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Sega was asked if Sonic Generations was also coming for Wii U. Their response?

http://nintendoeverything.com/67171/

SEGA’s executive vice president of marketing Alan Pritchard said in a recent interview:
“The timing just doesn’t work. Generations releases this November, and the Wii U is coming out next spring/summer. I think one of the things we don’t have to do, or reduce where possible, is we don’t want to port games. I think if there’s going to be a Sonic game for the Wii U, it needs to be built from the ground up. It’s more likely that it would be a separate stand-alone installment or in conjunction with a multiplatform release in the future. But to bring out Generations on a platform six or eight months after we release PS3, 360, and 3DS probably won’t be the best strategy.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

I wonder if he remembers how well Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold for a third-party Gamecube title, even though it was released long after Sonic's 10th birthday.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I'd be surprised if we didn't get a lower budget game in the first year of Wii U to continue with the storybook series and Colors. I'd go for a straight Colors sequel, but they'll probably come up with something new to use both screens.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

K2J wrote:I wonder if he remembers how well Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold for a third-party Gamecube title, even though it was released long after Sonic's 10th birthday.
They made SA2:B in roughly 5 months after the DC version's release, so i'm guessing that particular port was an attractive idea because it could be done easily.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

FlashTHD wrote:
K2J wrote:I wonder if he remembers how well Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold for a third-party Gamecube title, even though it was released long after Sonic's 10th birthday.
They made SA2:B in roughly 5 months after the DC version's release, so i'm guessing that particular port was an attractive idea because it could be done easily.
Also because the console they developed it for was was a failure and they had the opportunity to capitalise on a new system's launch to increase sales.

On the other hand, I don't see the sales on Xbox 360 and PS3 of Sonic Generations being low enough that Sega would see a "need" to promote the game with a new console launch and honestly, I don't think it'd sell any better on Wii U anyway.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

FlashTHD wrote:
Isnt porting ps360 games to Wiiu with ease a major selling point?
James McGeachie wrote:On the other hand, I don't see the sales on Xbox 360 and PS3 of Sonic Generations being low enough that Sega would see a "need" to promote the game with a new console launch and honestly, I don't think it'd sell any better on Wii U anyway.
What? Unleashed wii outsold the number of units its HD console brothers sold combined. That and Sonic's gamecube sales have always been considerably stronger than ps2/xbox versions. Sonic games do much better on nintendo platforms. Generations isn't even guaranteed to be a big seller as it is. The people who play hd consoles aren't looking for another colorful 3rd party platformer, sorry. Releasing a WiiU port seems an absolute no brainer at this point.

Unless of course they do a
gr4yJ4Y wrote:straight Colors sequel
now there's a thought.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Ritz wrote:Don't irony ban me, though!
THIRTY MINUTE BAN

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

so classic sonic's s-rank animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2IJoNaORnM&t=2m15s

I don't think they could have made it cuter if they tried.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

New video of Sonic Generations 3DS. Launch Base Zone Boss with Doomsday Zone Music Remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcXWMurA ... er&list=UL

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I wish someone in one of these videos would just leave the game on the title screen for a second. I'd like to hear that new version of the Sonic 1 & 2 theme!

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Oh sweet lord, this is just precious:
Can you discuss what systems will be represented on the 3DS version such as Game Gear?

Game Gear? (Laughter) No. For the 3DS we wanted to go with systems of more recent memory. So we are more focused on levels from the GBA and DS.
We're celebrating 20 years of Sonic histo- what? Game Ge... Game Gear? lololololololo!

And people call me too pessimistic? Look at who's making this again, maybe?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Sonic & Tails already has Dimps physics! They're missing a trick there.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why they leaving so much out apart from laziness. Sonic Team's been shoving the Game Gear titles up our arseholes since, what, Mega Collection? And the lack of direct mention of Sonic CD is very upsetting. I hate this thing they do, dancing around in full trollface saying "You'll have to wait and see!", because we're all terrified that what we're waiting to see is inevitably going to contain some sort of boneheaded decision or three. REASSURE US YOU UTTER BASTARD FFFFFFFFFF

"Oh yeah those were made by other teams so I don't know if" SHUT UP IT'S SONIC PUT IT IN THE GAME YOU WANKER

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

If the 3DS version is going to focus on the portable games, why put a Green Hill Zone that resembles the HD version or Big Arm in there at all?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

And Nintendo Power already said that Chemical Plant will be in it. Weird.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

If it was Nintendo doing this, you'd be damn sure the Game Gear got some lovin'. I mean even freakin' Ice Climbers got a prime spot in Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl. And Princess Daisy is practically a series staple at this point, despite having appeared in precisely 1 actual Mario game, which nobody even remembers (except for you nerds, obviously). Same with Birdo.

I guess that just serves to highlight the contrast between the two companies.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Man, missed oppurtunity with the Game Gear games. :( Bridge Zone, Jungle Zone, Underground Zone, Scrambled Egg Zone, damn near any zone from Sonic Chaos (and maybe Triple Trouble which I haven't played) could've all been awesome.