Super Sonic Galaxy

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Rob-Bert

Re: Super Sonic Galaxy

Post by Rob-Bert »

Kogen wrote:The art direction looks extremely bland in those screen shots. I have no idea what anyone could see as 'special' in it. Especially those copy-and-paste Egg Pawns.
You do realize that only one of those shots has a Egg Pawn, and even then it's part of the background?

Dash

Post by Dash »

Neo wrote:
Dash wrote:Krakkin
BANNED
(from my mind, anyway)
What, the Krakkin/Knuckles combo doesn't excite you? 2 puns for the price of one! You know how they love those bad english puns. Cream the Rabbit/Cheese and all.

I still think Drummond did a good Sonic, especially considering they only spent a weekend or something to do all the English voice work for SA1 and 2 with little to no direction(and probably very few second takes). If Griffith is out and they want Sonic to speak, I'd kind of like to see him take another whack at it with whoever this Madworld crew is. They seem to care a little bit more about their voice acting.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Just get Urkel to do it again. He'd probably be cheap; what the hell does he got to do these days?

Neo

Post by Neo »

Rob-Bert wrote:You do realize that only one of those shots has a Egg Pawn, and even then it's part of the background?
Esrever wrote:Image
Let's see, I count two on the right cliff alone, and there's at least 3 in the top conveyor belt, and at least 3 more in the bottom one.

Don't you get tired of always being wrong?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Change in voice actors confirmed.

Can't believe this was hyped up as "franchise changing news".

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

The head of Sonic's online community at SEGA who made the statement is an obese furry. His fursona is a recolour of Knuckles with an iPod. Check out this site: http://www.sonicwrecks.com/staff

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Gaz wrote:Can't believe this was hyped up as "franchise changing news".
Nor could AAUK after he typed it, but I guess by the time he apologized shortly thereafter, the community went into "NOT FUCKING LISTENING NOW K" mode.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Neo wrote:
Rob-Bert wrote:You do realize that only one of those shots has a Egg Pawn, and even then it's part of the background?
Let's see, I count two on the right cliff alone, and there's at least 3 in the top conveyor belt, and at least 3 more in the bottom one.

Don't you get tired of always being wrong?
But...that's still only one image, and all those are still in the background.

He wasn't actually wrong.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

'a Egg Pawn'

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Kogen wrote:The head of Sonic's online community at SEGA who made the statement is an obese furry. His fursona is a recolour of Knuckles with an iPod. Check out this site: http://www.sonicwrecks.com/staff
He's also a massive tool. I once had dealings with him, which he reversed at the drop of a hat without any notice. I also knew his wife before they got hitched, and she's almost as bad.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Kogen wrote:'a Egg Pawn'
Yeah. Haven forbid I make an honest one-letter typo in addition to not being obsessive enough to notice something that can barely even be seen in the first place. Oh the same of it all.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Yami CJMErl wrote:
Kogen wrote:The head of Sonic's online community at SEGA who made the statement is an obese furry. His fursona is a recolour of Knuckles with an iPod. Check out this site: http://www.sonicwrecks.com/staff
He's also a massive tool. I once had dealings with him, which he reversed at the drop of a hat without any notice. I also knew his wife before they got hitched, and she's almost as bad.
I don't suppose we'll ever get to hear this amazing story.

so apparently this game is being made exclusively for children ages 7-12. I don't know about you guys but I love being told fun little things like this.
http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-colors ... 8943.phtml

Really though, I don't think anyone should be getting upset seeing as how this man has absolutely no part in the development of these games.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Well, most (read: all) of you probably don't know or care, but Sonic Wrecks used to be little more than a simple webcomic fansite-thing. It didn't even have its' own forum--Kevin (AAUK) opted to have someone else host an "unofficial" message board for him, known as EchoWorlds. I joined there afrter listening to an early podcast in which Rebecca (a.k.a. Echo Hawk, a.k.a. AAUK's then-friend, now-wife) was pleading for new members. Being too nice for my own good, I registered, and was almost immediately made a moderator after Hawk heard that I had experience moderating/adminning forums.

I quickly made friends with AAUK and Hawk, rising through the ranks, becoming an admin, and even getting a spot on the "staff" page for Sonic Wrecks. Then, long after I first joined, there was planned a merger between EchoWorlds and my own forum, CJF Network, to form the Echo Network message board and companion comic site to SW.

Immediately after I told AAUK about this news, he immediately--without telling me or anyone else, save for Hawk, who ALSO didn't tell anyone else, that he was reversing his former "never having an official message board, ever" rule to...create an official message board for his site, effectively deliberately supplanting my plans for assisting the community that I had become the de-facto "leader" of. I was taken aback, but okay with it otherwise, as I was promised a place of prominence, which I felt could allow me to assist in other ways.

Not long after THAT, AAUK abruptly announced that he was breaking all ties with Echo Network (which had become a near-affiliate with SW), without telling me or anyone else, all due to Hawk having some sort of PMS-esque spazz-out with a member of my "site". I attempted to contact him to find a way to help, to repair whatever damage had been done without my knowledge, but I never, ever got any hint of a reply back.

Then, a few months after the fact, Hawk had posted a small bit of Sonic-based news in a forum geared for something else (think putting a thread about dogs in a forum about electronics). After I relocated the thread, she threw the biggest hissy fit I had ever seen, and after apologizing and moving the thread BACK to where it once was, she announced her departure from my site, citing "constant insults" and other such things that were deliberately NOT true.

You know that thing about "the straw that broke the camel's back"? That was what happened to me. I deposited a rant of near-Mel-Gibsonian proportions in her departure thread--one wich the majority of the EchoNET community agreed with, at which point AAUK and Hawk refused to ever have anything to do with me ever again.

Roughly four years have passed since then, and while AAUK has risen to a place of significant prominence in the Sonic community, with a job doing what he loves and a loving wife, my "site" was vandalized, brought to the brink of destruction, and left for dead. Several attempts by me to create a new site have been met with derision, failures to perform, dredging up bad memories, and false starts, as I work at Arby's and struggle in-between schools, single my whole life.

(tl;dr -- AAUK is a faggot, my life fails. I'd post the original rant--several of my friends have said that it was "the most epic thing I've ever done", but durrhurr Wii internet can't copy-paste text)

Sorry about that, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Back to the topic at hand, why should anyone care what age group a game is for? Pokemon was created for kids, and I still enjoy the games. Admittedly, having SEGA say a game is for kinds and having Nintendo say likewise can have different meaning, but still.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Rob-Bert wrote:Haven forbid

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

...yeah, okay, it was rather stupid.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You're posting from a Wii? Egad.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Yeah...it's this "family agreement" thing I have with my mom--I can only use her computer on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. (I know it seems stupid, but it makes sense in context) Any other days, I'm forced to resort to this (Wii) or my DSi.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Delphine wrote:
Rob-Bert wrote:Haven forbid
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

...and to top it off, an accidental double-post. *sigh*

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Yami CJMErl wrote:
I am well aware of him! I used to bother him online and he would get rather irate at me. On IRC I would look up gay Sonic fan fiction then post the most obnoxious/sexual things I could find to him.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

Hmm. I wonder why that would annoy him.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

So you made plans to merge your own personal forum with his site's ("unofficial") forum without consulting him. Is it any surprise that a few months after you let him know, he has his own forums and has broken ties with you?

It sounds like there was a breakdown of communication and a power struggle that you couldn't hope to win. (I don't think you missed out on much, though. Being "prominent in the Sonic community" and being married to Echo Hawk are not things of which I would be jealous.)

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Crisis wrote:So you made plans to merge your own personal forum with his site's ("unofficial") forum without consulting him. Is it any surprise that a few months after you let him know, he has his own forums and has broken ties with you?

It sounds like there was a breakdown of communication and a power struggle that you couldn't hope to win. (I don't think you missed out on much, though. Being "prominent in the Sonic community" and being married to Echo Hawk are not things of which I would be jealous.)
To be fair, Hawk (who was, at the time, essentially his "second-in-command") was in on the whole merger idea, and AAUK had never particularly cared what went on there outside the Sonic Wrecks bits of it, which were to be retained--enhanced, even--during the merge. I still agree on the breakdown of communication bit, though.

Of course, all this happened back when I still gave a toss about the Sonic community as a whole. Sure, I'll probably still try Sonic Colors out, but I'm not as excited for it (or Sonic 4, even) as I would have been a few years ago.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

(gah, sorry, double post)

I just remembered: I actually HAD consulted him on the idea. I sent him an e-mail stating my intents, and how it would benefit both sides, etc. etc. He never replied back to me, and I only found out about HIS plans through a public message about the whole thing on the episode of his podcast following my message.

So...yeah, he's still a massive tool.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Yeah...it's this "family agreement" thing I have with my mom--I can only use her computer on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. (I know it seems stupid, but it makes sense in context) Any other days, I'm forced to resort to this (Wii) or my DSi.
And you get the penis every other Thursday.