Super Sonic Galaxy

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Re: Super Sonic Galaxy

Post by Kogen »

They look like photo-realistic burgers and doughnuts to me.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

Looks ... like it wants to be like Sonic CD.

Also, what's up with the "theme must feature dude singing cock rock lyrics no matter what"? Gah.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

That...didn't sound like cock rock in the slightest. Quite a far cry from the usual Sonic theme song, actually.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

I love autotune SO MUCH.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

That trailer was pretty weak, more CGI(with an obvious Mario Galaxy-like moment in the middle) and an awful song with garbage lyrics. Meh, I guess we'll might see some actual gameplay videos at Nintendo's conference of later on today. *shrugs*

(No Imagination)

I never said the song sounded like cock rock, just the dude sings like it did and brings some needless guitars along like it was a freaking otaku show. It doesn't fit very well together in my opinion - they should have had a chick sing it or something and tone down their focus on the popular rock niche, instead. Heck, I even suspect it's Iizuka's favorite music style and he gets to enforce it on ...basically everything that bears Sonic Team's label.

(female lead singer + electronica = fun.)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Autotune should be against the law. Why are people that can't sing allowed to be singers now?

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Well, this sure looks like a fun game, but then again, so did Sonic 06 / Sonic 360 / Sonic The Hedgehog / Sonic the Disaster.

(Seriously, you'd think that the fanbase would have come to some sort of agreement on a standard name for that one in four years...)

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

I like how they felt the need to add the song title and artist over the CGI.

Blount

Post by Blount »

j-man wrote:Autotune should be against the law. Why are people that can't sing allowed to be singers now?
This is the single most noteworthy thing that has been said in the entire topic.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Rob-Bert wrote:We must be, because last I heard the Boost is but one of many available power-ups. There's been NOTHING to indicate what the levels play like or how heavily the boost is featured, nor has there been enough of a description of the controls to even mark them as "shitty".

And if you think the scenery looks "stupid" I'm surprised you're even a Sonic fan at all. The fuck do you WANT outta this series?
Less apologists might be good. (also nice misquote of me up there)

Neo

Post by Neo »

Dr. Watson wrote:Well, this sure looks like a fun game, but then again, so did Sonic 06 / Sonic 360 / Sonic The Hedgehog / Sonic the Disaster.

(Seriously, you'd think that the fanbase would have come to some sort of agreement on a standard name for that one in four years...)
Everybody I know calls it Sonic 2006. It wasn't released exclusively on the 360 and it has the same exact name as the first game in the series, so.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

The depth in shots like this really excites me http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaameric ... 012078417/

But the texture on sonic's fur(?) in the close ups is really starting to freak me out. Why can't he just be smooth?

I'm pretty excited about the aesthetic direction they've taken for this game but really need to see some gameplay before I commit to a genuinely positive attitude.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Radrappy wrote:The depth in shots like this really excites me http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaameric ... 012078417/

But the texture on sonic's fur(?) in the close ups is really starting to freak me out. Why can't he just be smooth?

I'm pretty excited about the aesthetic direction they've taken for this game but really need to see some gameplay before I commit to a genuinely positive attitude.
You do not like Sonic's man fuzz?

I am pretty sure his quills are supposed to be sharp, not plastic/wax. That is the whole point of the franchise being about sawing stuff apart (or at least was in the now distant past).

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

First gameplay footage.

No where near enough to properly judge it though. Don't know why but it kind of reminds me of Sonic Heroes which probably isn't a good sign.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Looks like a slower Unleashed. Works for me.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

looks solid. Really exciting stuff. Just the fact that we can pick up lost rings again is enough to make me smile.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

More. The kid playing it is unforgivably bad, but the game looks tasty.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Oh, so it's Sonic Unleashed 2, now with even longer stretches of boring straight paths with no turns or variation.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I dig it, but dear god, the guy playing took forever to figure out how to make Sonic use the drill power.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Yeeeah...pretty looking game, but it's awful if the physics are just as bad as Unleashed.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

It looked considerably slower, and the jumping looked less stiff. The only real way to tell is to actually play it, though.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Man, it looks gorgeous, and with some pretty solid-looking controls and a reasonable top speed... but that was some boring-as-heck looking stage design!

(No Imagination)

Modern Sonic games are about teaching kids not to walk on grass or anything else that could remotely resemble private property - their hero should only play on the road, says Sonic Team.

This is the first time since Adventure DC that Sonic got textured spikes, by the way. I like that.