All-new 2D Sonic rolling out in 2010

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Re: All-new 2D Sonic rolling out in 2010

Post by FlashTHD »

j-man wrote:Still, this kind of thing goes beyond even "rampant speculation" and on to a whole new level, and I strongly suspect a great many people will be disappointed. Really, they're just setting themselves up for a fall.
Precisely what I have been suspecting. Thank you. (you're three pages late though lolololo) Another way to demonstrate this: http://sonicstadium.org/community/games ... ed-to-fail

The picture is cute and all but for the love of god, we do not need two officially canon Sonic designs (and whoever else they pick) running around at the same time in new games. Yes two. I mean, you really don't believe they'd up and scrap the current one altogether just for this, do you? We're not talking about a game the magnitude of SA1...

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I really trust a site like Gamesradar. You know it has quality articles when there are 7 ads per screen that move, make noise, and force pop-ups through newer browsers.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Kogen wrote:I really trust a site like Gamesradar. You know it has quality articles when there are 7 ads per screen that move, make noise, and force pop-ups through newer browsers.
I cracked up. A+++

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Shadow Hog wrote:
Dasher wrote:You still understand nothing.
Do I? Let's see.

You jump into every thread, derailing it with your fapping to everything remotely classic-Sonic, much to the ire of most of the people here, and the sheer amusement of everyone else. You expect agreement, yet instead constantly get made fun of, and somehow expect a different result from this despite doing the same thing over and over again. Despite bitching about how you can no longer put up with it, how we're all simpletons who don't understand Sonic on the same wavelengths as you do and how you should've left ages ago, you apparently lack the balls to actually go through with your empty "threat" and actually find another board that will take you seriously. You also fail to realize how to formulate all your thoughts at once or any sense of forum etiquette whatsoever and have to post three times in a row to compensate.

Sounds about right.
Nah, you still understand nothing and me just leaving the place would just make me look like a loser, If you hate me then good I'm your worst nightmare and I am proud of it! squirm in my sight Hate me, loathe me! do you think I give a damn idiot?

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Dasher wrote:If you hate me then good I'm your worst nightmare and I am proud of it! squirm in my sight Hate me, loathe me!
Dasher is Emperor Palpatine.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I just want to talk about the topic at hand but every time it is redirected at me, who's the immature prick here? you haters are like little kids, bullies that will have their face broken when they pick on someone who's more pissed off and powerful than they are.

I don't go on picking on every one of you guys posts, no respect at all! imagine If I did huh? want me to pick on your posts? I guess you haters live on places with no freedom of speech and do not understand the concept huh.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Forgive me for my double post, but we've got news! Supposedly the game will be a downloadable game... Also it seems they are calling it Sonic 4 internally.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3177628

If they're old news then my bad, I'll waste my time digging up stuff.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

FlashTHD wrote:
Kogen wrote:I really trust a site like Gamesradar. You know it has quality articles when there are 7 ads per screen that move, make noise, and force pop-ups through newer browsers.
I cracked up. A+++
I predict this is the score 1up will give it.

And now to the new news from Dasher.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Apparently 2 zone names were revealed until SEGA asked to take that information down.

Splash Hill Zone and Egg Station Zone.

And Yes I'm still in love with this thing, maybe I should marry it soon.

Thats all for the news for now the game is still under-wraps and it seems SEGA took immediate action to hush the mini leek which is interesting, Ill continue my search as that keeps me distracted.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Dasher wrote:Nah, you still understand nothing
No, I seem to have hit the mark pretty well. Considering your rant, I definitely struck a nerve.
Dasher wrote:and me just leaving the place would just make me look like a loser
You mean you aren't a loser? Could've fooled me.
Dasher wrote:If you hate me then good I'm your worst nightmare and I am proud of it! squirm in my sight Hate me, loathe me!
Don't flatter yourself, you have no idea what my nightmares are like.

And yeah, given this statement, I guess I missed one aspect. You're a troll. Makes perfect sense now! :grin:

Actually, considering this board is nothing but trolls (myself included), I guess you're going to fit well here.
Dasher wrote:do you think I give a damn idiot?
If you didn't, would you still be replying to me? :wink:

Anyway, the news you've posted is all a few days-a week old, although to your credit, I don't think they were dragged up in here. Yeah, the names are pretty cool. I'd still like to see the stages (or even the goddamn GAME) they're associated with.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Dasher wrote:me just leaving the place would just make me look like a loser
Spoken like a true pragmatist.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Stop bugging me Bugman.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Dasher wrote:Stop bugging me Bugman.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

;_;

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Kogen wrote:I predict this is the score 1up will give it.
Actually, no kidding. Barring some ridiculous catastrophe of development, even now I don't really see anything stopping the critics from gushing all over this regardless of the content.

Some british mag (I forget which) wrote this absurd review of Black Knight, in which they rated it 8/10 and explained that no, the game ain't too good, but since it didn't try to do "a million different things" or some such pet peeve, that made it a good Sonic game. In other words it sounded like the message was, "When Sonic is not (my definition of) shit, Sonic is God." Or, worship without debate (same affliction that grips Gamesradar).

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

New concept art.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/27/pr ... al-reward/

Fuck yeah, Motobug.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Hmmm, well this pretty much throws out the idea of it being a remake of the first game since it has Kamakiller, but I'd rather see them attempt a few new badniks instead of recycling old ones.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I am very happy with this. Anyone else entering the competition?

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I'm a little confused. If this is an all new game, why are they reusing badniks? Why aren't they making new ones?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

If you read that post, you'll see Kamakiller isn't really in, it's faked by some fan. But embracing the Sonic fan community's love of faking things, they're asking for 100 similar "fakes" by Monday so they can show us the following:

The name of the game
Another piece of concept art (that's actually from the project)
And (brace yourself) "a very cool extra bonus…"

Anyway I bit. But I couldn't help noticing that their Motobug just wasn't tall enough, so I made some adjustments.

Anyone who wants to make a point about just recycling badniks should be encouraged to submit official art from previous games without actually making any changes.

Edit: Also, this is at the bottom of the blog post:
Speed is something that is not given; but rather earned through dedication. Speed is not found by simply pushing a boost button, but by building momentum. It is the reward for skill in the face of difficult challenges – this kind of speed is the most exhilarating, not only because it is fast, but because of the pure perfection such speed exemplifies. This is the truth of the original Sonic games – and this is the truth of Project Needlemouse.
Why didn't they just make THAT the tease? That's what I want to hear!

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

cjmcray wrote:New concept art.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/27/pr ... al-reward/

Fuck yeah, Motobug.

NERDGASM.

And your pic is badass G.Silver!

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Speed is something that is not given; but rather earned through dedication. Speed is not found by simply pushing a boost button, but by building momentum. It is the reward for skill in the face of difficult challenges – this kind of speed is the most exhilarating, not only because it is fast, but because of the pure perfection such speed exemplifies. This is the truth of the original Sonic games – and this is the truth of Project Needlemouse.
So they finally got it huh? sounds good... but talk is cheap, Awaits even more info! I'm liking the designs that is what we wished all along since back then maybe after SA1?

Sorry for the double post (time flies etc...)

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

I am confused about what is real and what is not; what is new and what is old.