All-new 2D Sonic rolling out in 2010

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Shadow Hog

Re: All-new 2D Sonic rolling out in 2010

Post by Shadow Hog »

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. I've been waiting for this for ages. Now I can undo all that vandalism GG! did to my posts way back when! ...when bumping said topic up is relevant, anyway.

Also, is it just me, or does the katakana for Tails there clearly say "Miles 'Tails' Power"? Well, "Mairusu 'Teirusu' Pauaa", but still - it's Prower, but they spelled it "Power". Man, do I overanalyze things.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Adventure 2 had animals in all of the actual badnicks. G.U.N. bots had the Chaos Drives. They were far more frequent though.

I'd never seen that Sonic Jam art. Fantastic. I truly miss those insane poses. Makes me understand why they did the character redesign later though. It's just too extreme for the old Oshima designs!

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Dash wrote:I'd never seen that Sonic Jam art. Fantastic. I truly miss those insane poses. Makes me understand why they did the character redesign later though. It's just too extreme for the old Oshima designs!
That's the Saturn Flickies' Island manual, methinks. It came out there the same day as SA1 International.

The small animals have been making badnik appearances on the portables all the way through Sonic Rush (strangely, not in SRA), but that should tell you how forgettable it was. Advance 3 had enemies coughing up rings instead.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Isuka wrote:
Dasher wrote:Ah yes, when was the last time we had animals inside the robots? I cannot remember.
Wasn't it the first Adventure? Can't remember about Adventure 2.
Sonic Rush, I think. They just fall and sit there. Either that or one of the Advance games. Advance 2 definately, 3 had rings.
Shadow Hog wrote:Also, is it just me, or does the katakana for Tails there clearly say "Miles 'Tails' Power"? Well, "Mairusu 'Teirusu' Pauaa", but still - it's Prower, but they spelled it "Power".
Shadow Hog. You probably just recently learned how to read katakana, and are really really excited. That's okay, so did I. But for the love of god

Also, it's always been that way.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Man, the Japanese artwork of Eggman in the 3D Blast manual is scary.

Seymour

Post by Seymour »

Why don't you post the pic so we can see how scary it is?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

You asked for it!

Look at his hands...man.
Attachments
egg.jpg
egg.jpg (79.62 KiB) Viewed 6706 times

CM August

Post by CM August »

That's still Uekawa isn't it? Looks like he was drawing in the SA vein before SA.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

After months years of procrastinating, I've finally looked up and hopefully configured this properly. Users should be able to edit all their posts at any time now. The limit was set to 5 minutes.
Yeah, I did that intentionally. People kept changing what they wrote after there were replies and it was a pain in the ass.

I changed it back. Why in the world would you want to edit your post after that time frame rather than just making a new post?

CM August

Post by CM August »

Yeah, I can't think of any reson at all.

CM August

Post by CM August »

*reason

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Perhaps a balance between 5 minutes and forever could be struck. Say, 10 minutes?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Yeah, I did that intentionally. People kept changing what they wrote after there were replies and it was a pain in the ass.

I changed it back. Why in the world would you want to edit your post after that time frame rather than just making a new post?
I can think of several reasons.

1) You have the first post and are trying to keep all the up-to-date information in one tidy, compact place.
2) You noticed a spelling error, haven't been called out on it, and want to briefly fix it.
3) A power-hungry admin has edited your post to use the wrong names for the region of the game you're talking about because he's an overwhelming otaku who needs to get laid. (I can't imagine this one happening, no.)
4) You aren't trying to make a million posts in a row like Dasher is, to the annoyance of everyone. Why in the world would you want to make a new post rather than edit your original one? Every other good forum has it that way.

I can kind of understand it if they're trying to edit days-old posts that weren't even the last one, but nothing excuses triple-posting.

Neo

Post by Neo »

The general rule of courtesy is that you're able to edit your posts ad infinitum until somebody else posts. Why can't the restriction be that?

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I think the five minute limit is great. You're actually encouraged to think a little before you hit the submit button.

Alexrd
Now Playing: Proun

Post by Alexrd »

Radrappy wrote:I think the five minute limit is great. You're actually encouraged to think a little before you hit the submit button.
The Preview button encourages you to think a little before you hit the submit button, too.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

There goes my chance to fix that stupid "old gamers = old people" to "old gamers = grown-ups". *sigh*

And I absolutely cannot do what Eggman's doing with is left hand. Can't move my pinky without moving my ring finger, although I'm capable of doing the opposite, which is relieving.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

It doesn't seem like a big deal to me either way, but is that still happening? (We'll never know if we don't try! :P) Seriously, though, people seem to quote if there's something specific they're responding, and the original poster can't edit that. Iono, this group doesn't seem like the kind to hide their opinions. ;P Then again, if you experienced that happening…

Oh yeah, you should be able to force-add an "edited by" line, too.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I feel (like it matters) that the unlimited edit should be reinstated, and limited edits should be imposed on those that deserve it.

It'd probably be too much effort if at feasible, so whatevs.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

1) You have the first post and are trying to keep all the up-to-date information in one tidy, compact place.
How would anyone know if and what's been updated?
2) You noticed a spelling error, haven't been called out on it, and want to briefly fix it.
Deel with it.
3) A power-hungry admin has edited your post to use the wrong names for the region of the game you're talking about because he's an overwhelming otaku who needs to get laid. (I can't imagine this one happening, no.)
Democracy is overrated.
4) You aren't trying to make a million posts in a row like Dasher is, to the annoyance of everyone. Why in the world would you want to make a new post rather than edit your original one? Every other good forum has it that way.
Five minutes should be plenty enough time unless you're one of those people (like Dasher) whose dexterity with a mouse is greater than his dexterity with rational thought.

Also, every other forum sucks.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I don't know why I'm still in this mad house, maybe I'm leeching your "superior intellect" and "rationality" but sense of humor, kindness or knowledge of "spirit" most of you don't have it sorry, most of you here act like snobbish robots.

I have to tripe post so your superior intellect and grammar police doesn't get offended, cause everyone makes mistakes right? oh that's right! you guys are perfect intellectual beings from the planet Vulcan my bad.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Here, have a cupcake.

http://www.steelheadstudio.com/100cupcakes/

In recent news, They're saying this game has Tails only as an unlockable and Super Sonic in the same collect all emeralds get Extra boss nonsense and get this with a "twist".

Yeah yeah, can be fake rumors but i wouldnt be surprised.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Also Knuckles sacrifices himself with his heart power to defeat the Iblis Trigger.

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

The twist could be in that the final boss is actually dr. Eggman and not a lizard creature.

Also, back 6th grade, I had a schoolmate who could move his fingers like that. He also got all the babes later on for some reason.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I just found I can do it, but only with my right hand. :/