Puyo Pop PC

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Puyo Pop PC

Post by big_smile »

Sega have announced that the Windows version of Puyo Pop Fever will go on sale in Japanese stores from the 24th of September. Perhaps sensing consumers' immunity to the already over–exposed game, Sega have added two new features to this latest strain of the fever.

Firstly, the game can played online, without, unlike PSO, the need for a subscription, allowing players to pit their skills against each other or simply chat and make friends in the Puyo Pop Lobby. Secondly, the game will include a redesigned version of the Saturn USB controller:

^ This is identical to the Mac version apart from having orange buttons. As the old Saturn ads used to say, “This is coolâ€￾!

Image Image Image
^Play on-line or simply chat

According to Watch Impress the game will cost 5229 yen sans-controller or 7329 yen for both game and controller

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I am so fucking sick of hearing about Puyo Puyo. DIE, you damnable little beans!

Segata

Post by Segata »

Zeta wrote:I am so fucking sick of hearing about Puyo Puyo. DIE, you damnable little beans!
I concur. I don't even like the game very much, but I'll probably still buy this just for the controller.

Titan

Post by Titan »

Oh boy. I predict Puyo Pop will become the new Phantasy Star Online.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Oh boy. I predict Puyo Pop will become the new Phantasy Star Online.
Actually, it's already got PSO outnumbered. At least all the different versions are identical.

The best Puyo ever was Puyo Puyo Tsu, the second one. Puyo Pop on the NeoGeo Pocket was also cool, not only because it was a port of Puyo Tsu, but because it was (as far as I know) the only Puyo ever that let you change the design of the Puyos, so you could have blocks, or whatever.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I don't even like the game very much, but I'll probably still buy this just for the controller.
Amen. That controller is pretty bad ass. It's possibly the only PC controller I've ever seen that isn't fuck-ugly.

Segata

Post by Segata »

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/07 ... d=7z6CZji5

Apparently you can buy the controller seperately. This works with PC or Macintosh. I can live with $40 dollars for a great PC controller. The main page of this shop says it feels absolutely identical to the original. Yay.

Edit: Oh, and it's grey now, not white.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I am so turned on.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Segata wrote:Edit: Oh, and it's grey now, not white.
Fuck.

Segata

Post by Segata »

I still haven't bought the controller. I'm starting to think that maybe I'd be better off buying one of these <<Saturn-style Street Fighter PS2 controllers>> and a PS2-to-USB adaptor. It would be cheaper, and I could use dualshocks and my arcade sticks, as well. Just a thought.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

How to define the Puyo series: easy to avoid, but addicting.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I predict that when the PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, and X-Box 2 come out, Puyo Pop will each be on those consoles within the first three months of the system's existance :razz:

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

What about the Gamecube sucessor?

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

It'll take longer because the Revolution will be going back to carts.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

http://ds.ign.com/articles/548/548648p1.html

One down!

Tsuyoshi-kun is PSYCHIC!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I haven't heard anything about Nintendo going back to carts. They'd have to be fucking morons to even think about it. Even Shigs himself was happy with what he's been able to do with discs.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Overexploiting the saga is killing it. Like it happened with "Need for speed".

Guuuh... HAL JORDAN!!!

Post by Guest »

Yeah... Need for Speed... man, I still have fond memories of the game, back when the PS1 was PSX and Nintendo 64 was still sortta cool and alive. Need for Speed III and 4 were (and are) among the best arcade racing I have ever played.

When "Burnout" came out for the Cube, I bought it, played it, got all excited, and I imagined "Hey, what if the next NFS is like this game???".

Unfortunantly, after NFS: Underground was released, I bought it, had fun the first couple of days, and then I just sold it... the game was just SO FUCKING SHITTY I just had to forget about it.

That's something I can't stand of EGM... why the fuck do they keep preaising a game that sucked, meanwhile the ban the cool games???

(CV 64/LoD were among the best castlevanias ever... anbd, well, with IGA, EGM, and sorts, the whole thing has gone to hell... if you don't believe me, play CV: Lament of the Innocent, or better yet, DON'T)