Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Dasher

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Dasher »

I'm digging the humans, They remind me of that Sonic Cartoon in Sonic Jam (The one with Eggman dressed as Sonic to damage his image)

Hello, what is this? nice level!
Attachments
Look a retro stage! lol<br />no but look at the day and night counters on the bottom right.
Look a retro stage! lol
no but look at the day and night counters on the bottom right.
sonic35.jpg (97.31 KiB) Viewed 7522 times

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Almost everything about this game is so tragic to me because stylistically this is the best Sonic's world has looked since Sonic Adventure 1.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

You never know.... it may end up actually playing better than Sonic '06 and/or Shadow.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Well, it certainly looks better than Sonic06 who took itself very seriously only to end up looking hideous both in gameplay and realistic look.

Cartoony > Realistic

Oh and gameplay wise looks promising...promising, nothing less & nothing more. :ring:

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Rob-Bert wrote:You never know.... it may end up actually playing better than Sonic '06 and/or Shadow.
Which isn't really saying much.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Indeed. It'd have to at least surpass Heroes to revoke "tragic" status.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I think it has a shot, but then again, I'm one of the most forgiving people I know on the internet.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Maybe I just have some kind of mental problem, but I actually think the Werehog portions of that video look pretty fun and very polished. It's the Sonic portions I am really worried about.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Dasher wrote:Image
I... I don't think that's what a final level will look like. It's a common technique to apply checkered patterns on 3D models to see how the UV texturing will turn out before attempting to texture it.

CM August

Post by CM August »

I'm pretty sure Dasher was being sarcastic.

Dash

Post by Dash »

They have a picture showing you it's a setup for the Africa level in the next numbered pic^^

I'm kinda with Esrever. Werehog has some kind of weight and (more importantly) control while Sonic doesn't really seem to adhere to any proper physics. If the gameplay is on par with Rush games it ought to be okay, I just hope that further down the line SOMEONE remembers that Sonic didn't always just launch off the starting line in older games(oh, and that Rolling=Faster than Running!Probably the main thing I dislike about the Rush games is that it can't seem to remember that).

But man, visually this game is looking really great! I like the cartoony human and hopefully this will stop folks from hating people showing up in the Sonic world. I mean, Eggman's a people! Thinking about it, with more exaggerated humans, the Dr. is finally going to look like he belongs to the same race to some extent. I always thought the juxtaposition was kind of funny in itself(see the SA2 Moon shooting scene) and they tried to fix that in 06 with the realistic overhaul to his design but... well can't say I cared for it too much. I much prefer that the other people conform to Robotnik's design rules.
I'm digging the humans, They remind me of that Sonic Cartoon in Sonic Jam (The one with Eggman dressed as Sonic to damage his image)
Yeah, Unleashed is actually starting to remind me a lot of that and the awesome Sonic Screensaver pictures in style. Just throw a few SEGA signs around these levels and you'll be pretty close!

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

I must also say I'm getting a little hyped. Even though I still fear the gameplay - the 2D daytime stages still look like that Sonic Rush bullshit and the night time ones would be a lot more appealing if they were just slow platforming and arm stretching, without all the enemy hordes.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

At the very least it will be beautiful, now let us hope it can achieve being as good or better than SA2 (or SA, I kind of view the two games as being two parts to the same story, with the latter being the superior).

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

CM August wrote:I'm pretty sure Dasher was being sarcastic.
Indeed, although I wish Sonic Team still made crazy level patterns like Sonic 3,S&K,CD,Chaotix ect...
Attachments
12316-77961-sonic3barreljpg-550x.jpg
12316-77961-sonic3barreljpg-550x.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 6970 times

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I like the use of a more realistic hedgehog for the Hedgehog Engine logo.

I wonder if Sega will start to licence it out to other companies or if this presentation is ment to get us more excited about Unleashed.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

License? As in given money in exchange for permission to use it? Currency-money? I'm sure they'd have little to no objections if anyone gives a crap, much less an iota of interest.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Will sonic ever meet a real hedgehog?...well, a quadruped hedgehog.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Dasher wrote:Will sonic ever meet a real hedgehog?...well, a quadruped hedgehog.
The latest issue of the Sonic X comic should answer your question.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I don't suppose it'd be asking too much for a scan?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Cuckooguy wrote:
Dasher wrote:Image
I... I don't think that's what a final level will look like. It's a common technique to apply checkered patterns on 3D models to see how the UV texturing will turn out before attempting to texture it.
Actually, I think that's the collision editor. Games like GTA and stuff store two separate versions of world geometry: invisible geometry the player collides with and visible geometry.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Dasher wrote:Was the voice in English or Japanese I couldn't understand his gibberish.
I clearly heard a typically Japanese "オリャア~!!" (or oryaa~!!) coming out of the werehog, so it's pretty safe to assume it's Kanemaru. Not that anyone gives a shit about it anyways.

Ironically enough, I too like the werehog's segments' platforming, although I don't like the stupidly high on-screen enemy-count.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Radrappy wrote:I don't suppose it'd be asking too much for a scan?
I didn't actually buy the comic, I just read it at the local Borders'.

Basically, Sonic & co are at a Station Square pet show because Chris wants to show up this snotty rich bitch and her gay chihuahua, so he enters Sonic into the contest. Then Sonic spots a real hedgehog, and the dialogue is something like this:

SONIC: What's that thing?
CHRIS: It's a hedgehog.
SONIC: ...Okay, so where are its' gloves and shoes?

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

There's still a Sonic X comic? Notice I didn't say "Sonic X manga", because that would've made too much sense.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

K2J wrote:There's still a Sonic X comic? Notice I didn't say "Sonic X manga", because that would've made too much sense.
Not for long...

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

It's so unfair that the awful Archie series is still going while the much superior Sonic the Comic bit the dust (aside from the half-official online continuation). :(