Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Zeta

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Zeta »

So it really IS Sonic in the world of Twilight Princess!

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Radrappy wrote:2. Play as Sonic, Knuckles or Tails through 12 packed stages
Wait, wait, wait, say that again.
Play as Sonic, Knuckles or Tails
You mean... you mean they're finally giving Shadow a rest? We might not even see Silver? They finally remember that Knuckles and Tails are just as good, and were there first?

Is Sonic Team... learning?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

BTW uhh, why is the img tag turned off in here? Smilies too?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Play as Sonic, Knuckles or Tails
That's this game's sole step forward so far.
FlashTHD wrote:BTW uhh, why is the img tag turned off in here? Smilies too?
It may have to do with the entire site's news section still not completed or something?
Zeta wrote:So it really IS Sonic in the world of Twilight Princess!
And mandatory dai-kaiju.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's like being served a big bowl of delicious ice cream that someone decided to jam a rat carcass on. The rat carcass being Wolf Sonic. I want Sonic the Hedgehog. Not Sonic the Wolfhog.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

YES!! this is great, its set on another world and Tails and Knuckles will be playable AND will also suffer the morph? thats certainly good, cause its like Secret Rings! yet another spin off and not a serious game like STH06. For me it will be a very funny game seeing those 3 become into monsters because I always joked about it in drawings I did, I will post them here. Its kinda odd that my drawings came true, Sonic monster...who could've guessed? however, remember that there is a rumor of a new character that could also make the game tumble if he/she sucks and its playable. I hope its just Sonic/Tails/Knuckles please SEGA please!

What I'm happy about this game is the models, I really want to see Knuckles.
Attachments
The model in this game looks gorgeous as well as the CG model. Still its the game play that matters. The robots look better than the heroes and STH06 ones too! did anyone see that alarm clock that spits fire??
The model in this game looks gorgeous as well as the CG model. Still its the game play that matters. The robots look better than the heroes and STH06 ones too! did anyone see that alarm clock that spits fire??
tttttttttttttttt.jpg (175.68 KiB) Viewed 8610 times

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Remove the Wolfhog (lest there be misunderstanding I don't mean Sonic, though if you were foolish enough to assume that...) and add Shadow, who, being bred for combat would be a perfect fit. And no, I don't care about those of you who piss and moan about Shadow.

The game looks very pretty, however It does disturb me that these story lines begin to sound more and more like fanfiction.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Instead of putting in Shadow, they gave all the characters the ability to turn into Shadow. Bravo.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

It just dawned on me, Silver has not been confirmed for the game because he will be the one who fights the final boss. Do you understand? the final boss will be a rampaging Wolf Sonic who can only be stopped by SILVER the Hedgehog.

My hope is waning.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

He's not literally made OUT of Silver.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

WE DONT KNOW THAT!! OH GOD

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Black Rook wrote:Is Sonic Team... learning?
No.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Blindfold a man, give him a semi-automatic and he'll probably hit the bull's eye. He'll probably also slaughter the staff of the practice range.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Wait...look at the video again, This game has something familiar...Speed boost! thats right! this game looks like it has the potential to be a Sonic Rush with 3D segments! and hey! Speed boost that kills enemies in your path.

Not only that but levels seem to change time, meaning Nighttime! bad news is that is where Were-hog would probably come into play.
Attachments
x.jpg
x.jpg (170.16 KiB) Viewed 8493 times

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Damn that's gorgeous.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Yeah lets just hope its less Secret Rings and more Rush.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Dasher wrote:Wait...look at the video again, This game has something familiar...Speed boost! thats right! this game looks like it has the potential to be a Sonic Rush with 3D segments! and hey! Speed boost that kills enemies in your path.
Hey! Wow! I noticed this 21 posts before you! And hey! It still sucks!

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I don't get it, and I was just pointing out something.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Dash pads mean a lack of natural flow and general loss of control, as noted earlier. They also weren't prevalent in Rush, if I remember correctly.

I'm getting the feeling that someone (coughcoughIizukacough) saw this game in development and decided it would be a good idea to cram a WereSonic in there. Seriously, I see no overlap thus far between areas for normal gameplay and those intended for werewolf DMC-style combat. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the two gameplay styles are being developed by completely different teams.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Guys, I hate to tell you this but the news about Tails and Knuckles being the other playable characters and thaose wolf Sonic attacking mechanics is fake.
UPDATE:First, we apologize for our fault to post those fake news about the Sonic plot and the confirmation that it would be 2D, gameplay-wise. However, we go on with our own new facts: SEGA is launching SONIC UNLEASHED with a HUGE production budget and it seems not only SONIC TEAM is involved but a very huge part of SEGA’s developer teams including those from Japan, the US and, apparently for the first time, even Europe. There seems to be one clear mission: Rebuild the Sonic brand and prove it could work in 3D environments. We also have one new artwork for you.
http://www.sega-magazin.de/segaon/

However that site did post some interesting concept art:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3172/concept1tz7.jpg

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

I don't trust people that spell "their" as "there."

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm getting the feeling that someone (coughcoughIizukacough) saw this game in development and decided it would be a good idea to cram a WereSonic in there. Seriously, I see no overlap thus far between areas for normal gameplay and those intended for werewolf DMC-style combat. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the two gameplay styles are being developed by completely different teams.
Izuka: "You're not putting Shadow in this game? But it won't sell without a badass evil monster playable!"

Developers: "No, everyone hates Shadow."

Izuka: "At least give Sonic the ability to transform into a horrible monster! That's what the kids like!"

Developers: "Sigh. OK, but only as long as it means we don't have to put Shadow in anywhere."

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Oh, yay, another reinvention. Now I know Sega will take the utmost care in crafting what will most definitely be a superb game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hey, the fact that it's apparently not being worked on by just Izuka and five other dudes to save money is impressive to me.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Protodude wrote:Oh, yay, another reinvention. Now I know Sega will take the utmost care in crafting what will most definitely be a superb game.
At this rate, someone may as well put up some kind of tally on the front page to mark the number of times Sonic Team has tried to reinvent/redefine/"return to roots" Sonic and failed miserably.