Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Zeta

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Zeta »

I've never heard of Game Informer, and while that's not a good reason to discount a review, a haughty tone, vague writing and crappy reasoning is. Feh, I say, on your game informer, sir. I mean, obviously the game has big problems, but the pure condescension of the reviewer makes me want to gag.
That's pretty much how all of Game Informer reads, yes. Also, the magazine doesn't really seem to like anything but FPS and hardcore action games, especially ones made in the US, and those are typically the only games that get good reviews or featured on the cover. Real is brown!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Isn't GI just Gamestop's cute little gaming vehicle? Look guys, we love games! We're not just another big greedy corporation that is currently swirling down the shitter like everyone else! Really!

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

The guys at Sonic team are not fans of Sonic at all, they are fans of themselves and want to trow their retarded ideas every time they plan to make a new Sonic games. Ive worked in group in school and college and i know what kind of retarded people Sonic Team must be.

They are People who push away the quiet people who have the good ideas for example me at school or Oshima at Sonic Team, and instead favor the egotistical Iisuka at Sonic Team or some retarded egotistical moron at school.

People tend to hear the outspoken, comical, moron rather than to hear the serious guy who usually has all the good ideas, it happens in Sonic Team it happens at the elections and it happens everywhere.

I hate people.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I know what the real world is like!! I've been to school.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Dasher wrote:They are People who push away the quiet people who have the good ideas for example me at school
Someone sounds a little butthurt.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Silly Rednecks.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Dude, it's a game. Your reaction should be more on par with "this game I was looking forward to probably isn't going to meet the expectations I irresponsibly jacked up for myself". Less "My best friend hired a hit man to murder my fiancé and made me watch".

Neo

Post by Neo »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll be getting some for Christmas and my birthday (which are tragically close to each other).
For truth? Mine's on the 15th, when's yours? Honestly, I don't feel it as a hinderance because I've never experienced the other end of the spectrum. What's it like, fellow internetians?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

When your birthday's in another month, it's like Christmas all over again, except you don't have to buy anyone else a damn thing. Because you're Jesus.

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Neo wrote:
gr4yJ4Y wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll be getting some for Christmas and my birthday (which are tragically close to each other).
For truth? Mine's on the 15th, when's yours? Honestly, I don't feel it as a hinderance because I've never experienced the other end of the spectrum. What's it like, fellow internetians?
11th. Anyone who isn't in my immediate family goes the one gift route, which isn't really a big deal. Makes me uncomfortable to get all of that concentrated in December anyways.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I was always going to import it anyway and by that it was going to give me time and hear the English ver reviews, which I have and will like to hear more.

Besides I think The Japanese name is less painful, I just wish they were polishing it for the PS3.

Guess i can use this...
Attachments
SonicG.gif
SonicG.gif (35.62 KiB) Viewed 6505 times

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I was born on January 13th, so just as I'm starting to get over my Christmas presents, my birthday rolls around. It's pretty awesome.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Yeah but people born on December have it bad because some family members get lazy and cheat by giving both the birthday and Christmas present in one.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

There's a playthrough of the game here with parts being added periodically.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Son ... iew=videos

I don't know. I think I like what I see, but I didn't have high expectations with it in the first place. But it looks like something I might actually enjoy.

The werehog parts remind me of Billy Hatcher for some reason. I think it's the enemy designs.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Those who say the voices don't affect a game are fucking stupid!

Just listen to chip in English! what the hell happened there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JQoL3S ... re=related

I'm glad I'm Importing, and i assure you this game if it is 50% good will turn to at least 70% good if it has Good voices.

I know that when I played Sonic06 it turned from 1% to 20% in enjoyment, 4kids is just pulling Sonic deeper into the abyss of suck.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Does this board have an 'ignore' option?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Is that Silver? 4kids and Sonic Team of America are fused now, I just know it.

It takes a moron to love a bigger moron.

EDIT: Yeah ignore me you snobbish punk.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

DBurraki wrote:Does this board have an 'ignore' option?
User Control Panel > Friends & Foes tab > Manage Foes.

Enjoy.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

FlashTHD wrote:
DBurraki wrote:Does this board have an 'ignore' option?
User Control Panel > Friends & Foes tab > Manage Foes.

Enjoy.
Oh thank god. I can't take anymore of the inane bitching.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I actually thought the writing and acting for that one scene alone was at least 70% better than all of Sonic '06.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Jesus Christ, don't buy this game!

I've been playing for two fucking hours, and only ten have been as Sonic! Actually, only twenty or so have been as the Werehog! The rest has been taken up by countless hand-holding, heavy load time tutorials that last for about ten seconds each and ENDLESS SCREENS OF TEXT as you are forced to talk to villager after villager for no reason whatsoever other than to pad out the game's length. I've apparently unlocked the Greece stage, the Europe stage, the Africa stage and the Alaska stage (in that order), but I've only gotten to actually play either as Sonic or the Werehog in the first and last of said set.

The entirity of both the Europe and Africa stages (outside of one random boss) has so far consisted of badly dubbed cinemas (no Japanese option, by the way) that lead into additional screens of text, which themselves lead to yet more cinemas. There are load times everywhere, the purple chihuahua is unfathomably annoying (he pops up constantly, pausing the game throughout a given level to tell you how to, for example, run), and unless you're using the GC controller be prepared to be incredibly pissed off at the control scheme even when you're playing as Sonic.

I have literally lost track of the times I have yelled at this game to let me fucking play it. DIMPS levels or not, no nuggets of fun are worth slogging through this much unbearable pointless padding. The only other game I've ever been this frustrated with was Nights: Journey of Dreams, but Unleashed may top it at this rate. I have other complaints, but I think I'm just going to go lie down for a while and rub my forehead until the throbbing goes away.

Seriously, Jesus Christ!

WW

Post by WW »

Huh.. I found the cutscenes enjoyable... Though really, I'm just waiting for the real version of the game to be out. >>

WW

Post by WW »

Which is out now, apparently..

CM August

Post by CM August »

I wonder how much of this extraneous padding is retained in the 360/PS3 versions? The playthroughs made it look quite straightforward and appealing, but perhaps the demos decieved me.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

WW wrote:Which is out now, apparently..
In some select areas.