Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Dasher

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Dasher »

Maybe they're trying to compensate for leaking it out so quickly.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

All I know is I've had 'Chun-nan ~ Day' playing on loop for ages and I never want it to stop. Need this game. When's it out again?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

So you are also addicted to Chun-nan eh? we should make a national Chun-nan holiday were you get to eat Meat buns,rice and stuff.

They say its out on late 2008, or Christmas! the latter would be nice actually...I think. :neutral:

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Seen this before? is a GT interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V20M5dhR ... re=related

Also footage of Werehog, It shows some of the amazing music transitions in the game! from roaming the level to battling enemies wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foc3ebIY ... re=related

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Rare footage of Chun-nan! English version (4KIDS sadly still plagues SoA), It shows day time Chun-nan and shows the awesome sound change when you go into boost mode.

WARNING: it is a cool video, if you don't want to spoil one of the best levels and music DO NOT WATCH! I myself should stop spoiling this game darn it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnIfXFfmSHI&NR=1

Spike

Post by Spike »

Dasher wrote:Rare footage of Chun-nan! English version (4KIDS sadly still plagues SoA), It shows day time Chun-nan and shows the awesome sound change when you go into boost mode.

WARNING: it is a cool video, if you don't want to spoil one of the best levels and music DO NOT WATCH! I myself should stop spoiling this game darn it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnIfXFfmSHI&NR=1
This video is pretty old, actually. Still awesome, though.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I figure I ought to say something negative to ground you guys in reality. Those Egypt level screen shots look unbearably generic at best and at worst, missing a coat of paint. The one Spike posted for example looks like shit.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

j-man wrote:All I know is I've had 'Chun-nan ~ Day' playing on loop for ages and I never want it to stop. Need this game. When's it out again?
This. That music which I first heard in the China trailer a few weeks ago is the sole reason I started caring about them game.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

P.P.A. wrote:
j-man wrote:All I know is I've had 'Chun-nan ~ Day' playing on loop for ages and I never want it to stop. Need this game. When's it out again?
This. That music which I first heard in the China trailer a few weeks ago is the sole reason I started caring about them game.
God I've had this damn song stuck in my head for two days now. It's too fucking catchy, that's what it is!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Dasher, lay off. You made three posts in a row in fifteen minutes. I'm glad you're excited about the game, but that's not an excuse to take over the conversation.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I'm really Sorry, wont do it again.

PS. that no edit thing is annoying, what gives?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Actually that was three posts in an hour and fifteen minutes.

We were saying in some other thread how edits weren't allowed/limited after x minutes because we didn't want people going back and changing posts that had been replied to, and that you could always just make another post if you left something out. Just... throwin' that out there...

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

NOM has some new screenshots up of the Wii version's Desert, Greece, China and Spain stages.

More here: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... hp?id=6151

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

LOL, who edited my post with huge letters? this place is sooo communist. :roll:

Nice Wii pictures there, the Wii version looks interesting since its almost another game.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

G.Silver wrote:Actually that was three posts in an hour and fifteen minutes.

We were saying in some other thread how edits weren't allowed/limited after x minutes because we didn't want people going back and changing posts that had been replied to, and that you could always just make another post if you left something out. Just... throwin' that out there...
Whoops. Apparently I can't tell time.

And if this had been a one-off and the thread wasn't filled with Dasher's posts, I would have left it alone.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjIi69bTaMQ

looks just like sonic 06 at times. P.P.A. you should be in for a real treat.

If anything has me hesitant about the level design, its these running on water segments because I know that there sure as hell isn't an alternative path underneath. Shits almost identical to the water sliding segments of two years prior.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Radrappy wrote:If anything has me hesitant about the level design, its these running on water segments because I know that there sure as hell isn't an alternative path underneath. Shits almost identical to the water sliding segments of two years prior.
Having played said water sliding segments, I can guarantee that the new water running bits look nowhere near as terrible, though I am curious about how they'll handle getting hit- I imagine you just lose your rings and keep going, but it's not like they're going to show that in the trailer. It's heartening that you can clearly direct Sonic left and right and actually jump while on water, unlike the uncontrollable Sonic 06 segments. If this was the first level I'd be worried (it's not, Mykonos is), but if it's a later level the design doesn't look out of the question- just more challenging. It'd also be an interesting reversal of the "green/beach levels first" tradition.

Better quality video: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360 ... Reveal-HD/

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

I hate how the rings now slide onto the ring counter opposed to vanish with a wonderful, golden sparkle.

Neo

Post by Neo »

I'm assuming whoever made the audio track for that movie has no idea what he's doing and the rings don't actually make the ring loss sound effect. And why Is Sonic running around collecting Meseta?

I also don't get why there aren't any shadows in the werehog segments save for the precalculated ones. Are you telling me the current gen consoles can't handle it? At 30 frames per second?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I'm guessing they figured, "it's at night, fuck it", rather than cast shadows from the many light sources. 'Cause that requires effort (since all the other shadows are cast directly on the ground, perpendicular to it), and that requires coming out after Christmas.

I'm hoping the appearance of a beach-like segment and a ruins-like segment may mean each "zone" has multiple "acts". That would solve the length issue previously brought up.

Spike

Post by Spike »

Trailer of the Wii version of Shamar:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9VGaL5Lio

Honestly, I am very underwhelmed by this, especially after seeing the much more beautiful and amazing 360 version of this level. I may end buying the 360 version, instead.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I saw a lot more alternate routes in there than in the 360 version. The sparser sections are still a turnoff, though.

I think the level design is going to play a lesser role in which version I purchase than control. The fact Sega developed their own engine for Sonic after fucking up Havoc is something to be very weary of in my book.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

DackAttac wrote:I think the level design is going to play a lesser role in which version I purchase than control. The fact Sega developed their own engine for Sonic after fucking up Havoc is something to be very weary of in my book.
Go look at those debug screenshots from a while back...they haven't given up on Havok yet.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Why do both videos exhibit the loss of rings sound when Sonic collect rings? hope is just in those trailers.

WW

Post by WW »

The sound effects are just being played over the video, like the music. The guy who was in charge of putting those sound effects in just fucked up is all.