Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Radrappy »

I'm surprised no one mentioned how terrible the song was. That was some Blink 182/Simple Plan bullshit right there. Maybe it's all in with trying to recapture the glory of the 90s.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Eh, the song was alright. Had a great sound to it, just lame lyrics and a vocalist that sounds like one of those damned teen idols.

I'll comment on the gameplay (or lack thereof, or clunked up thereof - guess which is which) later. But if you guys need something else to turn your attention away from this, maybe try going to Sonic Stadium and watch Dread and his updaters bitch about demanding demos and hires trailers and more oldskool and ect., then crucify themselves by "complaining about the complainers". I think.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Screens.

They's purdy, um-huh.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Wow.

Werehog-Sonic's game play really is Hog of War.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

http://www.seganerds.com/wp-content/upl ... 0715-5.jpg

I don't like how these enemies seem not to be robots. That, and what's Sonic doing in Dynasty Warriors 7?!

Also lol, Firefox warns me whenever I try to access SEGAnerds and claims it to be a dangerous site.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

That Wall of China stage actually looks somewhat appealing to me, which is bizzare, since I generally hate everything Asian on principle. I guess I'll chalk it up to the judicious color scheme.

Also, the most pertinent aspect of those Werehog screenshots is the fact that his shoes have mysteriously developed spikes, which more or less confirms that Sonic's shoes were always an extention of his own body. Y'know, if there was ever any doubt.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Ngangbius wrote:Wow.

Didn't Zeta call this back during the first leak?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

With some differences here and there, the Werehog gameplay looks like a tweaked Heroes' Power type character coupled with stretchy arms/ Blades of Chaos.
About how the music blends itself with the main "normal" Sonic gameplay... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSxKVdwCy4

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

The game still has a high chance of suck, but it seems that all the pain is worth that cinematic. It felt like the end of sonic 2 brought to glorious life.

Oh well.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Locit wrote:
Ngangbius wrote:Wow.

Didn't Zeta call this back during the first leak?
I'm pretty sure that was me.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

That's it? Looks like he plays like Sonic with a forward attack. And with all this primal rage he used to slash that mighty-menacing tear into the game's logo, he's picking up objects and gently placing them down in corresponding slots? Not only is this too derivative of a non-gliding Knuckles to be worth the lame plotline, the gameplay and the plot don't even really mesh with each other.

This looks like the Heroesiest game since Heroes. I'm not saying fun is impossible with it, but only because that's a big statement, and because cautious-yet-foolish-all-the-same optimism is kind of my shtick here.

I'm using my computer as a pair of speakers for a family gathering at the moment, so I couldn't listen to the music, but I fail to see why they don't just keep employing Crush 40 to do these themes. Nothing done for a Sonic game is ever gonna be Grammy-worthy, and at least some consistency would be nice. The only game I know of that was completely Senoue-free was Secret Rings, and that soundtrack was a series low point. Interchanging these singers just highlights how generic the sound they go for is. I hope the game music stays interesting.

What I did like was Eggman being a villain, and a damn destructive one at that. That alone may sweep this not-only-stupid-but-now-proven-to-be-totally-unnecessary werewolf gimmick under the rug.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, I called Devil May Cry Sonic, but close enough. It should have been expected, since the director for Secret Rings wanted to make the game more and more like God of War.
The only game I know of that was completely Senoue-free was Secret Rings, and that soundtrack was a series low point. Interchanging these singers just highlights how generic the sound they go for is. I hope the game music stays interesting.
I loved SR's soundtrack. Especially Night Palace.
Last edited by Zeta on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

It's too bad the art style actually looks really nice this time, because the Werewolf business looks stupider and stupider the more we learn about it.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Werewolf!Sonic is akin to Castlevania Judgement in stupid attempts to keep a brand "fresh and innovative".

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Blur Studio's animation makes me want this game. Werewolf Sonic makes me... ponder if it might not work. He'll probably still be shit, but at least at a level of shitness above anything post-SA2.

Also, was that a QTE i see?

Emperor Omochao

Post by Emperor Omochao »

I think what they were trying to go for was to create a 'Wario' for Sonic. It could've been better though. Maybe still let weresonic keep the speed but use it for platforming fun.. maybe have him bounce about the place, open up new paths.. hell..create mini tornadoes and use them as slingshots to secret higher places.

It just looks like weresonic has similar gameplay to the power characters in Sonic Heroes..the more enemies with a punch the better. :s

So no word on other characters? (hopefully)

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Well I, for one, am completely intrigued by weresonic and his bizarrely stretchy arms.

Maybe it will be like Ristar! (He said with delusional optimism.)

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

What's even more alarming is that Ristar started out as a discarded gameplay idea for the very first Sonic game, did it not?

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Emperor Omochao wrote:So no word on other characters? (hopefully)
NP interview says Sonic is literally the only character playable in the main game.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Esrever wrote:Well I, for one, am completely intrigued by weresonic and his bizarrely stretchy arms.

Maybe it will be like Ristar! (He said with delusional optimism.)
God of War chains.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Well, I've never played God of War, so I'm sure it will be a brand new experience for me. Besides Sonic Team does a great job of improving other games' ideas, right? Right?

I think this game will be good in every part outside of were-combat... as long as those werehog platforming segments turn out well.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I still think the were-play will probably be the only good thing about it, seeing as the non-were-gameplay looks like utter crap. This is assuming the were-gameplay turns out well, but somehow I have higher hopes for it than I do normal Sonic.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Well this Sonic turned out to be more interesting to me than chronicles now, I just pray for good game play.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Amazing. They were able to recreate the exact type of music I completely despise.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

They took a style and genre of music I normally love and did it in the crappiest way possible.