Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by FlashTHD »

Radrappy wrote:Aren't the Ratchet & Clank games on the whole, mostly forgettable?
No shit! Aside from Deadlocked and that new PS3 game, I can't tell any of them apart. Makes me want to stay away from it.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I bought the first Ratchet & Clank game a few months ago and I was surprised at how fun it is. I've heard they're really great except for Deadlocked. And I was super bored with the Deadlocked demo so... yeah.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

I just noticed, in trying to correct my aborted grammar, that the edit button goes away in here if someone posts after you. When is this board getting fixed again?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Funny. I remember when I first played Sonic Adventure I thought to myself how pleasing to the fans that game was. Not only because it was really really good, but also because of how all the characters were portrayed. It was just as if they had jumped out of my own mind. Knuckles was responsibly serious and naive, Amy was a whiny schoolgirl, Eggman was awesome and evil, Tails was annoying but cool, Sonic was just hyperactive and full of himself. And they even had tiny cool things like Metal Sonic from CD and 2 floating in some green tube, Amy remembering the events from Sonic CD and mentions to the Sonic 3 story, not to say about the echidna past.

I think Sonic Adventure was the closest to satisfying everyone. If it only had SatAM's Antoine then it would've made more money than the Beatles.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Ratchet and Clank are fun games full of quality. On everything except character design and setting. Ratchet and Clank themselves are the most boring, bland, generic, unispired characters ever to be displayed in polygons. I would hate them except there's not enough to hate. That's what makes the games so forgettable. Their reaction to every situation is total lack of emotion or response. The story sucks, too, but with such shit characters that's to be expected.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Opa-Opa wrote:If it only had SatAM's Antoine then it would've made more money than the Beatles.
Sometimes I forget how crazy you truly are, Opa.

("Sacre blue blur!")

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

FlashTHD wrote:I just noticed, in trying to correct my aborted grammar, that the edit button goes away in here if someone posts after you. When is this board getting fixed again?
Huh. Mods can still edit after someone else posts, so preeehaps Holic didn't know.

Or he's a lazy butt.

Anyway, I fixed it for you. Don't expect me to do anything nice for you every again, you fucking whiner.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

How did you fix it? I didn't even know that problem existed.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's not really a problem. It's a deliberate feature included to prevent people from retroactively altering or changing the meaning of their posts after people have responded to them. (Although I always thought it was just the passing of a certain number of minutes that disabled editing, not receiving a response.)

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

Opa-Opa wrote:Funny. I remember when I first played Sonic Adventure I thought to myself how pleasing to the fans that game was. Not only because it was really really good, but also because of how all the characters were portrayed. It was just as if they had jumped out of my own mind. Knuckles was responsibly serious and naive, Amy was a whiny schoolgirl, Eggman was awesome and evil, Tails was annoying but cool, Sonic was just hyperactive and full of himself. And they even had tiny cool things like Metal Sonic from CD and 2 floating in some green tube, Amy remembering the events from Sonic CD and mentions to the Sonic 3 story, not to say about the echidna past.

I think Sonic Adventure was the closest to satisfying everyone. If it only had SatAM's Antoine then it would've made more money than the Beatles.
When Sonic Adventure came out, we were all nine years younger and easier to please. :P I remember being excited just hearing Sonic talk in-game for the first time.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

RocketPunch wrote:I remember being excited just hearing Sonic talk in-game for the first time.
First time, you say?

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Esrever wrote:It's not really a problem. It's a deliberate feature included to prevent people from retroactively altering or changing the meaning of their posts after people have responded to them. (Although I always thought it was just the passing of a certain number of minutes that disabled editing, not receiving a response.)
I since found that it is time-limited now, and i'm not seeing the epidemic that would prompt this.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

How about you cry me a river, and I'll pretend not to give a shit. Oh wait, I don't have to pretend.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

You don't see the "epidemic" because the feature prevents it from happening. Without it, people can go back and edit their posts in reaction to whatever subsequent responses were posted, making themselves look smarter or altering things that were ill recieved. (Or my personal favourite, removing the whole post and replace it with a self-effacing message like "Nevermind, I'm an idiot", making it impossible for anyone to ever know what all the subsequent people are talking about in the first place.)

It's called depublishing, and it sucks! At worst it eliminates culpability for anything anyone says, and at best is just annoying and confusing for anyone reading. And despite your personal feelings about it's necessity, it's common enough that the makers of phpbb made the edit time limit a standard feature. Depublishing is one of the internet's many plagues.

Next time on internet plauges: entitlement! For example, obnoxiously demanding changes made to the free internet forum that you neither help operate or pay for. Unfortunately, phpbb doesn't have an anti-entitlement feature yet. Maybe in version four.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Shadow Hog wrote:
RocketPunch wrote:I remember being excited just hearing Sonic talk in-game for the first time.
First time, you say?
So this is like a contest now! Very well.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Well, then it means that now I'll have to double check the semantics of every word and the grammar of every post before posting it. It's a bit annoying, but if it helps to expose Dasher for the dumbass that he is then it can't be that bad.

Also, quit the ridiculous "first-time-ever in-game Sonic talk" contest, it's obvious RP meant that Adventure was the first game in which Sonic said something relatively sensible and elaborate to help construct and advance the game's plot.
Geez.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car preceded SegaSonic the Arcade, and I remember he definitely talks in that game. However, I don't have any proof, but it's true, I say, it's true!

BlazeHedgehog

Re:

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Isuka wrote:Well, then it means that now I'll have to double check the semantics of every word and the grammar of every post before posting it.
Man, it's the internet. You weren't doing this yet? Constantly correcting people over the most trivial little shit is what the internet was created for.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Segaholic2 wrote:How did you fix it? I didn't even know that problem existed.
I meant I fixed his typo, s'all.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Oh, right.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Neo wrote:
Shadow Hog wrote:
First time, you say?
So this is like a contest now! Very well.
Oh hey, this is interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soid697qrD4&NR=1

In his character illustration Ray actually has patagium! Its absence always bothered me considering he was supposed to be a flying squirrel.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I remember hating his voice. I thought he should sound like Mickey Mouse or Felix the Cat. The rest of the cast was awesome though.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I remember wanting Sonic to have Jaleel White as a VA, just like the cartoon shows.

Looking back on it, Drummond was decent (barring a few obvious lines) and White wasn't, so I don't know what I was thinking.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I still want Sonic to have Jaleel White as a VA.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I'd rather they just not talk at all. Sonic Battle had some of the best writing the series has ever seen, and guess what? No voices!