SEGA Superstars Tennis for Wii / PS2 / PS3 / 360 / DS

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Judging on the screens, the Sonic characters, other than Sonic himself looks like part of the background. But it would be pretty lame if half the characters in the roster were from the Sonic franchise considering it's called SEGA not Sonic Superstars Tennis.

A slightly more comedic take on the Golden Axe franchise or even Shenmue in this game would be amusing. I mean hell, Konami placed Pyramid Head, of all characters in their new mascot Track n Field game for the DS.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Exactly! Basically any crowd of rabble (gotta have those guys with the hammers though) from Golden Axe watching Gullius Thunderhead play tennis is instant hilarity. And Chicken Leg. They hid one of those on the pirate island in Dynamite Cop!

I hope Chicken Leg is in the new game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Oh please. You know we'll just get Sonic, Samba, Super Monkey Ball, Nights, and Space Channel Five.

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

I would prefer classic characters too and not only modern icons needed of promotion, Sega has lots of famous franchises not only Sonic! Someone said Alex Kid? Monster World? Fantasy Zone? Bonanza Bros? this could be like Smash Bros for the Sega fans, but I doubt they will fulfil my expectations...

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

They'll most likely make it reach "Sonic Tennis" status and leave it there. Superstars my balls.

And this has finally made me comprehend that the single existence of the Super Smash Bros. series makes Nintendo instantly hippier than SEGA (even if all the other franchises are kept on permanent life support). The irony is so, so cruel...

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I'd be all for any Golden Axe characters, providing they're not from the new game. Since it isn't Sonic Team making it, I'd expect more than just some of the cast from Sonic Riders. I mean their last SuperStars game had Billy Hatcher(please no), Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead, Virtua Fighter, ect. So we should at least some of that stuff.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

It's always cool to see Ulala again, But if Space Michael Jackson isn't in it, I'm not interested.

EspioKaos

Post by EspioKaos »

"We need to save our galaxy!
Are you ready?
Woo!"

I certainly wouldn't mind a Space Michael guest appearance.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

While we're at it, add Mike Tyson to all future Nintendo sports titles.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

THAT'S why Little Mac is only an assist trophy! Clearly, Mike Tyson will be a playable character. Clearly.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Up+B = Ear bite special attack

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

His taunt will be some quick jabs followed by "What now muthafuckas!?" in that bitch voice of his.
Last edited by Oompa Star on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

DBurraki wrote:Up+B = Ear bite special attack
He'd be instantly pwnd if he tried this one on Klonoa.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Is just a sports game... get a life, but not a "second life", it got full of mormons!

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Arcade wrote:Is just a sports game... get a life, but not a "second life", it got full of mormons!

What?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Leave it to the Mormons to pollute something as pristine, wholesome and not-at-all pathetic as Second Life.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'd pay to see Mormons duke it out with Furries.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

... No really, what did he mean with that? Is he using some archaic form of encoded slang or something?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm thinking he meant to write "morons" and ironically spelled it wrong.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

I checked out the 'Official PS2 Magazine" in the UK with SEGA Superstars Tennis on the front cover. They've a few new screens in and details of a few new characters. Amy Rose, Super Sonic and Dr Robotnik/Eggman were all shown.

The only other things to note was the inclusion of some target based tennis mini games and that the game looked like ass in the screen shots compared to the 360/PS3 screens shown already.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Super Sonic? Whoaly crap, scans plz.
(^ ^ ^ favorite character)

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

... I just noticed it now, and I don't like to sound all bitchy, but... the News page is pretty fucked up, the tables are broken. Could someone scale down those 1080 pics, please?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I was going to say "get a bigger screen you loser" but, um, yeah, those are kinda big.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Superstars my ass.

I think it's past the time to revive some fallen heroes. And there's a lot of them:

Alis, Ax Battler, Tillis Flare, Gillius Thunderhead, Altered Beast, E-Swat, Shinobi, Opa-Opa, Alex Kidd, Harrier, Kid Chameleon, Sketch Turner, Vectorman, Axel, Blaze, Adam, Beat, Nei, Wren, Chaz, Bim, Bam, Robo and Mobo, Ryo Hazuki, Headdy, Red and Blue, Toejam and Earl, Ecco, Rez...

Fuck, it goes forever. I pretty much doubt any of those will be in the game. Of course. It would mean actually putting effort into a game.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

If Amy, Eggman, and Super Sonic are playable, then you know Tails and Knuckles have to be as well. So we have six characters from Sonic alone. This is probably going to be a reminder that Sega was awesome when the Dreamcast was still around rather than a Smash Bros. type fanservice. It's not to pleasure the Sega fans, it's to "educate" the other people.