In-game footage of Mario and Sonic

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Re: In-game footage of Mario and Sonic

Post by Radrappy »

FlashTHD wrote: I thought of that, but Wii or DS they're mostly the same games...though then there's the people who bought both...hmm.
Man what dumb sonnofabitch bought both versions????

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Re:

Post by Kogen »

Isuka wrote:Following the Wii's unstoppable and unexplainable success, I can't really get astonished by events like this.
It's just another way to know that the old SEGA's gone for sure.

Now, why didn't everyone else here rent the game so to not contribute to this?
You mean the old "we don't make any profits" SEGA? I'd like to see you show me a company that's it's "good old self" when they're always losing money because the industry sucks(Halo, etc.). If anything, it's a huge sign of improvement for all of SEGA, just at the loss of whoring Sonic out(which isn't that big of a loss anymore).

Mario does it and no one bitches, he's actually doing it with him in this case. And no one is more fucked than Nintendo and their exercise equipment.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Radrappy wrote:
FlashTHD wrote: I thought of that, but Wii or DS they're mostly the same games...though then there's the people who bought both...hmm.
Man what dumb sonnofabitch bought both versions????
*raises hand*

*then smacks you with it*

DackAttac

Re: Re:

Post by DackAttac »

Kogen wrote:You mean the old "we don't make any profits" SEGA? I'd like to see you show me a company that's it's "good old self" when they're always losing money because the industry sucks(Halo, etc.).
I share your disdain for the mainstream, but I'm not narrow-minded enough to concur with the sentiment that the industry's in a slump just because they're not catering to my taste.
Kogen wrote:If anything, it's a huge sign of improvement for all of SEGA, just at the loss of whoring Sonic out(which isn't that big of a loss anymore).
Sega had money. Then the Dreamcast failed, so they focused on games, but those also started to go downhill and Sega started to lose even more money. I fail to see how the latest mediocre game is going to cause Sega to improve just because it's selling well. It'll put money back into their system, but if it came from a half-assed project, you can count that they'll just drive to work in nicer cars and get to work on half-assing the next one.
Kogen wrote:Mario does it and no one bitches
HA. Good one.
Kogen wrote:And no one is more fucked than Nintendo and their exercise equipment.
The Wii's already in damn near every retirement home and physical therapy center in the country, and it's not because of Galaxy, Metroid or Brawl. Imagine if the YMCA was next. Honestly, I wouldn't be caught dead with Wii Fit, but it's hard to contest the Wii's crossover appeal and subsequent success. And I'm personally grateful that Nintendo is shaking down the non-gamer for money to fund projects made for gamers.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Yeah, look at it this way. This game is probably help funding Valkyria Chronicles.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Even if that figure does include both versions, that's still 5 million copies of two games... and the Wii version has gotta account for way more than half of that considering the lead time. Those are some pretty freakin' huge numbers for only four or five months of sales.

Not that I ever doubted this thing would sell through the roof, but still... the mind boggles!
Isuka wrote:Now, why didn't everyone else here rent the game so to not contribute to this?
Baby, I didn't even rent it. Hell, I try not to even look at it when I'm in the EB.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I know this is a fairly sizable bump, but I just spotted this while aimlessly browsing around some generic gaming news-sites, and I didn't think it was worth a whole new thread:

What Mario & Sonic looks like...without the Mario parts.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I wonder why they couldn't bring Mario back for this one...

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I would assume it has something to do with the whole "Nintendo properties on a non-Nintendo system"* thing. Does Nintendo have any games on cell phones?

I just figured it was interesting, because wasn't the original game idea supposed to be..y'know...just Sonic characters doing this Olympics shit?

*Yes, I know about Donkey Kong on the 2600. Shut up.