Sonic Rush Adventure E3 thread

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Zeta wrote:I vote Nitro the Sarcosuchus become our new mascot. A crocodile 10 times the size and 10 times as fast as the modern crocodile. Also, his archenemy is Doctor Aubergine. A fat time-traveling mad-scientist who went back in time to enslave the dinosaurs to conquer the future with an army of mind-controlled dinosaurs.
His sidekick, of course, has to be a lime-green, fast-talking chimpanzee.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

with 9 tails so he can be a kitsune chimp omg <3 xx

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

I was going to complain that chimpanzees don't have tails, but then I thought "It's fucking lime-green and talks."

So maybe it's horribly mutated.

Or from space.

Either way this is a stupid idea and I fully endorse it.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Excellent! A marketable design!

Now, we just need an 80's cock rock soundtrack, and a buttload of useless secondary characters!

Oh, and put some money into gameplay, level design, testing, etc... if we have any left in the budget.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

We'd need some kind of sex appeal, I'm sure. Therefore, the future is ruled by catgirls, and you get to save the particularly ditzy Princess Desnudo. We'll scare the fanboys with a particularly sensual scene featuring sarcosuchus-on-catgirl romance. That's good marketing!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Can he have a gun? I think he should have a gun.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Locit wrote:Can he have a gun? I think he should have a gun.
He'll have a million guns.

It'd be a sorta game inside the game, see. You collect the guns. Because kids like collecting, yeah. And kids like guns. It's like chocolate and peanut butter.

The mass majority of the guns will be utterly useless, but that's a minor issue.

And the future is totally ruled by catgirls.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Also, some of the guns are alive and have elemental attributes. If you collect them all and max out their stats to get x-treme medals in the gun garden you can play a 3D rendition of the first level from the first Nitro game. That is to say, you get to replay the first level.

I'm starting to think we should write up the actual manual for this thing.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

This' shaping up to be a cheap, sexified Ratchet & Clank knockoff; someone should come with a rival character who uses the Adidas logo somewhere in his/ her design.

And it's lacking ninjas, wizards and pirates too.

EDIT: We should have a new contest for the best Princess Desnudo design.
:)
Last edited by Isuka on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Isuka wrote:someone should come with a rival character who uses the Adidas logo somewhere in his/ her design.
How about Crimson the Sarcosuchus, the mysterious anti-hero from another dimension? He looks just like Nitro, except he's red and has pieces of jagged metal sticking out of his body for some reason, his favorite being the metallic red straight edge razors that adorn his slanted knuckles, which he uses to cut himself during most of his cinematics. Later on we can retcon him as an alternate reality version of Nitro, who becomes his own father in the time travel spinoff game.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Crimson the Gothodile.

Actually, instead of making him the rival, make him a background character everyone laughs at.

Then make him snap and go on a rampage, making him the true 'end boss'. Or not.
EDIT: Actually, DO make him the end boss. And make him pathetically easy and everyone laughs at him. Again.

EDIT: How can there be a time travel spin-off game if the main game is already about time travel D:

Also I propose that nameless space alien chimpanzee be a useable weapon- you throw him at people's faces. And he bites them. Yeah.
Last edited by DBurraki on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

You forgot to mention that Crimson possesses the ability to control the power of twelve magical emo artifacts that allow him to access his true power.

And then it should be revealed that crimson was best friends with Desnudo's grandmother when she was a girl, but she was then used as bait for muskey by government fisherman, thus scarring him for life.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

This is going to be the BEST. GAME. EVER.

I can feel it already. GAME OF THE CENTURY HERE WE COME!

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

OMG, guys, I just got the first Nitro game, and it's effing amazing. Oh Christ, my hands are still shaking just thinking about it.

OMG, know what this game needs? A sequel... no... a lot of sequels... and an anime series to run aside it!

OMG, let's make this happen as fans, and get an anime series going!

OMG, sign my petition, you guys!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

...I can't believe I was the first to vote.
C'mon, the people demand Nitro Y on our (your) saturday mornings!

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Also, can anybody tell me where I can download the end boss theme song, "Can't Ever Give Up"?

Can't ever giiiiive uuuupppp
My friends are counting on meeeeee

So hardcore.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Sonic is officially over. Nitro the Sarcosuchus, now and forever!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Nitro the Sarcosuchus! He's like Godzilla meets Sonic! Fighting mutants throughout time and rescuing catgirls!

Speaking of which, can anyone help me with the last stage? I'm on the "Eternal Metropolis Canon" section and I need to get the last Amulet so I can become Hyper Nitro X666. Any advice on how to get past the giant moth mutants?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Man, that part sure was a bitch 'til I figured it out.
First of all you want to have the Freezer-3000 gun at level 12 or higher, then go buy the anti-recoil attachment (it'll make both sniping and close-firing a lot easier), and the Hyper Blaze war-dagger at level 16 or so.

The procedure is as follows; first, you have to corner one of 'em (use the switches in the walls for that), use the Zero Shift device to teleport behind it while it's flying, cut out it's wings with a razor kick, and then change the fire mode of the Freezer (I could swear I heard that name before...) to use piercing ammo. Shoot them at it's weak point, right below it's abdomen, for massive damage and it'll get all dizzy, RUSH at it, then carefully aim your Blaze (that one sounds familiar too... :? ) at the wound; the resulting abrupt change in it's body temperature will break it's exo-skeleton.
Finally, change weapons IN REAL TIME to your Insect-o-blaster and fill it with lead 'n lazorz ARGH!! If you miss-time your rush or your aiming is off it'll counterattack and regenerate; if you see this happening, just do a barrell roll and you'll be alright.
Fly like a butterfly, then sting like a bee!
Good luck.

And I can't seem to find the last amulet either, that bastard's pretty well hidden. Anyone here knows? It isn't in GameFAQs!! ;_;

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Actually, after going back to all the locations of the other amulets, you realize that Leaf (the chimp) is actually the last one personified, so he sacrifices himself to pwoer you up.

(Insider reports say he TOTALLY comes back in the next game, though.)

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Shenmue was a good game , but it seems that even back then Sega sucked at marketing anything that wasn’t Sonic.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Uh, no dipshite. They even paid a game program here to do a 20 minute episode about Shenmue a while before it was released. That's better marketing than most games. Plus a lot of their big games had commercials for Genesis and Dreamcast.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

You know, ignoring all the over-the-top suggestions, Nitro actually looks pretty cool and the concept isn't even that bad! Of course, some unique idea would need to be devised to make him worth the time, but if a game studio picked up and ran with the concept behind him, I think I'd actually be really interested in the game.

NITRO RULLLLLLLLES

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Kogen wrote:Uh, no dipshite. They even paid a game program here to do a 20 minute episode about Shenmue a while before it was released.
Big deal. Doesn't mean people bought the game either way, which ended up being a failure (but somehow got enough warrant for a sequel anyways) which cost a ridiculous budget of several million dollars.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:
Kogen wrote:Uh, no dipshite. They even paid a game program here to do a 20 minute episode about Shenmue a while before it was released.
Big deal. Doesn't mean people bought the game either way, which ended up being a failure (but somehow got enough warrant for a sequel anyways) which cost a ridiculous budget of several million dollars.
Weren't Shenmue 1 and 2 developed at about the same time? I remember unlocking something on either the Dreamcast or Xbox version of Shenmue 2 where they showed off the Saturn version and it had scenes from both Shenmue 1 and 2.