NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams E3 thread

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Iizuka must be hunt down Im telling you.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Dasher wrote:Iizuka must be hunt down Im telling you.
And forced to eat his horrible games!

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

DackAttac wrote: miraculously managed to play a game that's not even finished yet
It's called TGS, Games Convention, and being in the press. It's not that hard. Hell, I've played it, and you know what? It was fun.

I know it's not directly related to your point but I figured I'd throw it out there.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Wait, Nights? Really? Kick-ass.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

According to Sega Europe the game has been delayed again, this time it's Q1 2008 for everyone. See here.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

That was unexpected...perhaps they learned from Sonic 06?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Or maybe they just don't want NiGHTS to get overlooked by a major Mario game again.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

So instead it'll get overlooked by <i>Super Smash Bros. Brawl</i>, which may arguably be an even MORE important release. Good timing.

Mep

Post by Mep »

Or Nights is in Brawl and they want Brawl to directly benefit the game's sales. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

If it wasn't the Wii, I could see it like they would indirectly benefit from the console's sales pick derived from SSBB release, but this... unless they finally release it on March or something...
Now, what are the expected sales of a game like this, with virtually no fanbase and the ones that are fans being well over 20 years old?

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Fun games sell regardless, usually. Espically ones that hype themselves on the internet. Well only those actually.

And NiGHTS was released about 12 years ago, I think. How does that make all the fans well over 20?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Makes more sense than you think if you're following the logic of the guys who're making that new Golden Axe.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

All the fans I know that actually played the game and aren't jumping onto some stagnant fandom bandwagon are over twenty or close to it.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Same here.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

NiGHTS is a "Brawl" contender, once you do some thinking. He's been on a Nintendo system before, via SA2B cameos, Billy Hatcher eggs, and a Billy Hatcher GCN to GBA downloadable NiGHTS mini game (which isn't that bad, actually). Also, we already have Sonic.

Astronomically unlikely, but...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I doubt we'll see more than one playable character from a non-Nintendo company in Brawl. Perhaps 10 years from now for Smash Bros 4, we'll get like 3 or something, but not now.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Ten years until another Smash Bros.? You reeeaaaally sure of it?
Smilie wrote:He's been on a Nintendo system before, via SA2B cameos, Billy Hatcher eggs, and a Billy Hatcher GCN to GBA downloadable NiGHTS mini game (which isn't that bad, actually).
And Riders. Multiplatform, yeah, but definitely in a Nintendo system too nonetheless. Not that I think it's even remotely possible, we may find Billy Hatcher being an Assist Trophy before this.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Zeta wrote:I doubt we'll see more than one playable character from a non-Nintendo company in Brawl. Perhaps 10 years from now for Smash Bros 4, we'll get like 3 or something, but not now.
Ten years? What are we going to be playing then? the Super Nintendo 128? Xbox 4000? Playstation 4?

And I bet Sonic will be owned by a small company in Taiwan...

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

'kay, new stuff over at GameTrailers. Certainly unimpressive, and for the most part we're fucked up. Just another kiddie show of colorful emptiness.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

*throws up hands* Well, I'm done.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

The music was at least cute, but the gravity-relevant areas seem to architecturally consist of Shadow leftovers.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Will's actually reminded me of Speed Highway a bit.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Those new levels were great looking. The one with the castle and what not.

Sans the asstastic platforming and river rafting, this actually looks decent to me.

Mep

Post by Mep »

New Gameplay vids:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/nigh ... abs;videos

The one at the top looks pretty good. It still doesn't look as good as the original but its worth noting that its an improvement. A little fuller, most of those rings could be easily linked if the player would dash a little more. Animations are also fixed, and look less glitchy. I don't think any of you care anymore though, seeing as how the original is being remade.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

That does look significantly better. The boss in video 10, in particular, seems fairly inspired, although I do hope there's a little more to that one. Heck, even the A-Life garden in video 9 looks significantly better than the footage we've seen before, which leads me to believe that a lot of the stuff we've seen up until now has been from an earlier version.

Of course, that does raise the question of why so much of the media released has been from an obviously less polished version. Hopefully the suggestion that JoD was pushed back to be released simultaneously with the NiGHTS remake in Japan next February is true. But yeah, still not sure if I'll be buying a Wii for this.