NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams E3 thread

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

It looks good, but we'll see.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Shadow and Sonic had fundamental gameplay problems at the time of their showing. We were hoping they would fix something as vital the handling and the cameras; to say nothing about the level design.

I really don't think it would be too difficult to add a few enemies and bobbles here and there for Nights.

Also, shadow looked like complete ass from day one.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

It moves likes nights, it has the sound effects of nights...looking good so far.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Having not played the original too much, I'm going to try to judge this one as its own game. At the moment, it seems a little basic. There looks like there needs to be more to it. Also watching the trailer on YouTube, I thought someone uploaded the trailer for Sonic 2k6 at first during the first few seconds.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I just remember that the first Nights was packed with alot of stuff to do, however, Enemies and nightopian were sprites, also the popup of the Saturn Hardware made the world look bigger than it actually was. To make a succesful nights now is goin to take effort...lots of it, and Naka knew this.

But...so far so good...lets hope this isnt Sonic 2006 part 2.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I couldn't help but laugh while watching that. Not because the game looks bad (it seems a little basic, but solid at least), but because they used "the voice-over guy". It sounded like I was listening to the pitch of a movie I would never dream of going to see.

I also found him hilarious at the end. "Exclusively for... WII", and he tries his hardest to make "wii" sound cool but just can't do it.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Sadly enough, I'm with Blaze; infact, my first impression was that it looks to the original NiGHTS like Klonoa 2 looked to the first one, a smaller character moving into and out of pretty bland-looking backgrounds, and since the game is scheduled to release in fall 2007 there're probably little to no hopes of seeing this improved much in the final cut.

That being said... well, I know it's definetely not the best moment to whine about how innovation or even originality's totally lacking in SEGA, but to say "let it be a prettier NiGHTS 1 and make it a day" is, I don't know, disheartening?
Not the graphics, not the music, but it's very soul was the really important thing about the original game, just don't giving a crap about it anymore is... sad.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Oh lawd, Sega gives you guys an inch, and you take a mile. Were any of you honestly expecting anything more than a solid game at best? Don't push your luck.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

The gameplay video is up on YouTube if anyone wants a peek. It's basically NiGHTS, only emptier and without music. It doesn't look bad, really. Just not particularly good either. Also the Puffy boss battle is back, but this time with annoying camera angles and moving obstacles. YAY.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Oh lawd, Sega gives you guys an inch, and you take a mile. Were any of you honestly expecting anything more than a solid game at best? Don't push your luck.
My sentiments exactly.

"OMG! They're going to fuck up Nights by putting in guns and weird shit and stuff!"

"OMG! NiGHTS 2 is boring because they didn't put in guns and weird shit and stuff!"

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Some joker put the video up with Splash Garden and Puffy's theme music playing in the background. The effect is rather pleasant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0 ... ed&search=

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Locit wrote:The gameplay video is up on YouTube if anyone wants a peek. It's basically NiGHTS, only emptier and without music. It doesn't look bad, really. Just not particularly good either. Also the Puffy boss battle is back, but this time with annoying camera angles and moving obstacles. YAY.
It really does look exactly like NiGHTS, which I guess is something of a result considering how low my expectations are, but still, it's not exactly... exciting. Part of me seriously wonders if this isn't just an old Dreamcast sequel they started working on in 2000 or something, only to have it canned, and now they've just dusted it off to release on Wii.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

G.Silver wrote:Some joker put the video up with Splash Garden and Puffy's theme music playing in the background. The effect is rather pleasant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0 ... ed&search=
Somehow the game feels less bland after re-watching this.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Hybrid wrote:I couldn't help but laugh while watching that. Not because the game looks bad (it seems a little basic, but solid at least), but because they used "the voice-over guy". It sounded like I was listening to the pitch of a movie I would never dream of going to see.

I also found him hilarious at the end. "Exclusively for... WII", and he tries his hardest to make "wii" sound cool but just can't do it.
Hahahahah, I thought the same thing. It looks like something out of SNL, or a Denzel Washington movie.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Nothing offensive so far. Wait and see I guess.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Music is an important part of gaming, i heard good rumors about Nights2 music, hope they are true.

EspioKaos

Post by EspioKaos »

It's been confirmed that Naofumi Hataya is back to compose for the game. I just hope that Tomoko Sasaki and Fumie Kumatani make a return as well.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I've only just noticed there doesn't seem to be a timer onscreen at any point during gameplay.

Trace

Post by Trace »

http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=12228

Apparently the actual music.

Not too bad, quite catchy.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

musics not really doing it for me. Also that jester boss is hella bland looking.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Most of my fears about this game have been alleviated, for now.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Couple of the main previews are up:

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/night ... ed;title;1

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/803/803661p1.html

IGN thinks the frame rate is choppy and Gamespot seem to think it's solid, so take that as you will. Also, if that music is genuine it's pretty good.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Good grief I hope that music is genuine. That boss music in particular is fantastic. Say what you will about the puffy ‘remake’, the level seems interesting enough to blast through and a lot longer than the original first boss level. The game play vid I do like the look of but agree with the criticism that it looks a bit barren at present. Even a HUD would make it look better. All in all, for a game I’ve waited 11 years for and even for one being made by today’s Sonic Team, I like what I see.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Does anyone have a link to the music from a website that DOESN'T retardedly require QuickTime, one of the worst pieces of software I've ever come across? Anyone?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Trace wrote:http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=12228

Apparently the actual music.

Not too bad, quite catchy.
God the person playing this game is so bad at it! It's painful to watch.