NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams E3 thread

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Babelfish wrote:Yesterday morning we proposed the two first to you vidéos of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams on Nintendo Wii. Revoici now it video of the gameplay, dôtée of a band its a little merrier...
Babelfish's translation is breaking down there at the end but it doesn't give any indication that it is with the real music now, does it?

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Going back to the voice in the trailer...

I find the voice charming. Particularly in a world of trailers that are about having the biggest explotions or the most characters in an online world, it's nice to see something more (classic) Disney-like.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

b_boult wrote:Couple of the main previews are up:

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/night ... ed;title;1

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/803/803661p1.html

IGN thinks the frame rate is choppy and Gamespot seem to think it's solid, so take that as you will. Also, if that music is genuine it's pretty good.
About a month before 50 Cent: Bullet Proof came out, Gamespot said this in their preview:
Based on what we've seen so far, 50 Cent: Bulletproof is turning out surprisingly well. Although the presence of 50, the G-Unit, Dre, and Eminem are all nice touches to be sure, if you stripped them all away, you'd still have a surprisingly solid game that's quite a bit of fun. (...) At this point, all Genuine Games has to do is tighten up the rough camera spots we mentioned and keep the gameplay varied enough to hold people's interest, and they'll have themselves a solid little game that's worth your time.
When the final game out and they reviewed it, they certainly changed their tune:
But with the shooting as bad as it is, it's tough to imagine that most people will even bother to finish the campaign mode, let alone enjoy it enough to go back through the levels for a high score. If you're looking for a fun third-person shooter, look elsewhere. If you're a G-Unit fan looking for an interesting spin on your favorite rap stars, this game doesn't serve you, either. (4.8/10)
I wouldn't trust their previews.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It was 50 Cent: Bullet Proof. Of course it was going to suck.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Minion sighted.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's a blowfish.

Trace

Post by Trace »

Horrible quality I know, but very monster like minion there. In the music less video a kind of spitty sound can be heard as NiGHTS flies past them. I really should download the video in high quality to get a better look at them.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Looks like a plant monster.

Trace

Post by Trace »

Looks to me like some cross between a seahorse and a dragon.

Both the minions seen so far look quite nice though.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Everyone can commence worrying again:
1up.com wrote:Helen and Will are the two new personalities replacing Eliot and Claris as the humans that transform into the acrobatic Nights, but their role isn't quite the same as Eliot and Claris' was. According to a Sega representative, players can control Helen and Will in 3D platforming levels later on in the game, and once players collect blue balls when flying around as Nights, they can use those as projectiles when playing as Helen and Will.
I can't wait to see some bottomless pits in NiGHTS. Maybe you have to swing the Wii remote to throw blue spheres! Wouldn't that be awesome?

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Actually, not sure if that's *completely* suck yet. It'd be nice to have the dreamer characters not completely helpless as they were in the original.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Worry? That was my <i>only</i> complaint with the first one, that you couldn't do more with Claris and Elliot.

And I don't see the difference in swinging the wiimote and hitting a button.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

I'm not against giving them a little more as far as abilities go, but this news has me thinking there could be levels exclusively made up of 3d platforming elements totally separate from NiGHTS. As for the swinging wiimotery, it just sounds like something that wouldn't be particularly fun but would probably be implemented because the game is on the Wii and Wii games need Wii controls.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

As for hitting buttons, it just sounds like something that wouldn't be particularly fun but would probably be implemented because the game is on the PS3/Xbox 360 and PS3/Xbox 360 games need PS3/Xbox 360 controls.

ffs.

Trace

Post by Trace »

Oh well, just when I thought this game might be OK.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Well, the difference lies in using more or less muscles to make the same thing happen on the screen. It isn't precisely more fun.
I like the idea of not being totally screwed if you go back to your human form, though it reduces the challenge of the game. As long as the score chaining stops the second you're out of NiGHTS' power and didn't get to the Ideya Palace to cash in (and this remains the only gameplay system in the whole game), this is good.

And keep those bottomless pits out of it.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Nightopians is what made the first Nights good...figuratively speaking of course.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

They'll probably make the kids put a little more effort into reaching the palace. That could get annoying after the hundredth play through when going for high scores, but maybe they'll add a score attack mode that doesn't use the kids.

Did anybody ever get a Superpian? I spent some hours and managed to get every Pian and Mepian in one dream to the maximum happiness level (to hear them hum their song in Christmas Nights) but never got one.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I did, I had like one or two...they had a little floating castle and had a robe and a crown, sorta like a kinq Pian, it was pretty cool. Too bad Pians were delicate creatures that could be destroyed in an instant by a nightmaren or a clumsy Nights. But my super Pians got destroyed because of my stupid low quality memory card which erazed itself from time to time. Official Saturn cards were 70 bucks back then and back then I was a poor bastard.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Aside from making sure I didn't paraloop them, I paid no attention to Nightopians at all. Don't know the first thing about it, really.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I kept on trying to combine them into Mepians, but it was so hard to aim the shot enemies.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I had an army of mepians, good times! good times.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

What the hell is up with the numbers on that clock face?