[UK] Sonic at McDonalds (includes commerical)

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

[UK] Sonic at McDonalds (includes commerical)

Post by big_smile »

It’s a little known fact that the UK resides in a year-old time warp. Sure, the calendars in the country say 2004, but the year is actually 2003. How else can you explain UK McDonalds’ latest Happy Meal Promotion, which features the Sonic/Sega mini-games that originally went on sale last year in the US? All six toys have made the travel through time but will be available for a limited period only.

The promotion is accompanied by a TV commercial that shows Sonic (in his rubbery Heroes form) racing around a Daytona USA-esque scene telling viewers to ‘get happy’. It can be exclusively downloaded here (right click and save as...) and is slightly better than UK ad for Sonic Advance 3.

If 'nutritious'food isn’t your thing, then each freebie can be purchased separately for just 99p. More information can be found at the UK McDonalds Flash site.

^This will be the perfect way for UK gamers to endure the wait until the 2005 release of Sonic Heroes.

^Unlike most UK games, this one doesn’t require a treadmill to power it...

Image Image
^ … you just need to run as fast as Sonic.

Related stories:
22 May 2004 UK Sonic Advance 3 Commercial UPDATE - View it online

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Fuck you McDonalds! Fuck you and your huge irresistable wads of currency!

Not just because of the Sonic thing. I'm perfectly capable of loating McDonalds regardless of add campaings.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Christ, it's apparently narrated by Bob Hoskins.

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the advert wasn't one of those cringe-worthy "I'm lovin' it" raps done by those kids you would want to disown if they were yours.

"Hey man i'll see ya later
'cos i'm off to play my Sega
playing these games is such as hit
just as well 'cos i'm lovin' it"

(Shudders)

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I'd be willing to forgive McDonalds for nearly every annoyance if they would just show ONE bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customer in their commercials. I mean, why not let the majority of their clientelle surface?

It's not like cigarettes stopped selling when it became public knowledge that they eventually killed you.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Hey, back with the old Sonic 3 promotion, I found pictures of these really swell Happy Meal boxes with all the pop-out stuff. The cool part was that each box was based on a Zone from Sonic 3. They had Marble Garden, Launch Base, IceCap, and I think maybe one other. I'm assuming that was only in the UK, because all the ones I bought back then came in those crappy bags printed with two colors of ink.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I'm going to assume that's the same commercial we got last summer as well.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Nope, just has clips from it.
Btw, why is the Toonami logo watermarked at the top?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Spazz wrote:Nope, just has clips from it.
Btw, why is the Toonami logo watermarked at the top?
Because Big Smile ripped it from an ad break on the Toonami channel.

For anyone who's interested, this first week is Sonic and Shadow, next week is Tails and Knuckles, the third week is Aiai and Sonic Racing.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Heh, at the Mcdonald's near me, I think what you got just depended on luck. The first week was like toy #4, and I never saw the Tails game there.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

England must be more organized. Did we get 6, I thought there were only 4?

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Light Speed wrote:England must be more organized. Did we get 6, I thought there were only 4?
I've got the set, here they are as numbered:
#1. Sonic's Speedway
#2. Shadow Grinder
#3. Knuckles Soccer
#4. Sonic Action Game
#5. Aiai Banana Catch
#6. Tails Sky Patrol

Gotta' collect em all!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

SONIC ACTION GAME! Couldn't they have come up with something better than that?

type02

Post by type02 »

Owen Axel wrote:I'd be willing to forgive McDonalds for nearly every annoyance if they would just show ONE bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customer in their commercials. I mean, why not let the majority of their clientelle surface?
Two things.
1. What are you some stupid media listening dipshit? Or do you just live in a really fucked up town? I've been working in Mc Donalds for about 3 weeks and the number of 'bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customers' is far lower then the number of buff as hell guys with scrawny hot chicks for girl friends. You should see the amount of shit these guys order. More nice chicks working there then dumb asses too.

2. Hello everyone :D
I'm not normaly like this I just don't like it when people base there view on media hype. C'mone you people probably play allot of games(i dont really) look at the constant stream of disapointment we get because of media, can it really be trusted?
Anyway the site is one of two good sonic sites i've found so glad to be a member of the forum.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Try working in fast food for about 4 years, then tell me what the average customer is like. Here's a hint... They fall into two categories: Fatass and dumbass.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Not if you work at Subway. We used to get all the health freaks.

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

Must have been Jared's influence.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

That fucking fat bastard made my life there miserable.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I go to Subway and purposely buy the less-healthy items, just to amuse myself.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Subway sucks.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

Every restaurant and food production company on the "low-carb" bandwagon has lost my respect. Unless you understand what a "carbohydrate" is, and what "doing Atkins" tries to accomplish by limiting their intake, you should not used the fucking abbreviation "carb".
And the phrase "less carbs" makes people sound like fucking idiots.

That whole subject really annoys me, for some reason... usually I'm pretty mellow about stupid people unless they're politicians.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Subway sucks.
Ironically enough, I used to hate Subway before I worked there. When I discovered that I had total control over my own sandwiches, and they were free, I really started liking it. Since I quit, it seems that nobody can make a sandwich as good (or pretty) as I could, so it sucks again.

Has anyone else noticed that Burger King went up? The cheapest value meal there is like, four bucks now. Has McDonald's gone up also, I haven't been to one in a few months?
And the phrase "less carbs" makes people sound like fucking idiots.
I have a fat friend who started doing that for a while. He stuck with it for about a month, which is more than I thought he would, and actually lost something like 25 pounds. Then he got proud of his accomplishment and cleaned out a 12-pack of beer in one night, effectively breaking his diet for good, as I told him it would. I don't know how that lush went a month without beer in the first place.
Last edited by Green Gibbon! on Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Subway sucks. I like Quizno's a lot better. Do you have those there?

I think fast food in general is getting more expensive. Chick-fil-A went up yet again earlier this year... Our cheapest combo comes to $5.19 in Texas. I remember a few years ago when a combo was still $4.50.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Subway sucks. I like Quizno's a lot better. Do you have those there?
Yes, and I prefer Subway. Quizno's was cool at first, but after working in the mall for 3 and half years where Quizno's was the only halfway decent food available, I got absolutely sick of it. The thought of one of their greasy pretend sandwiches is now enough to make me nauseated (but then, so is the thought of just about everything that I have come to associate with the mall).
I think fast food in general is getting more expensive. Chick-fil-A went up yet again earlier this year... Our cheapest combo comes to $5.19 in Texas. I remember a few years ago when a combo was still $4.50.
Chick-fil-A was always expensive. I guess it takes the extra buck on everything to make up for Sundays.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I mean the word should be "fewer"; I don't doubt that the diet can work.

I like Subway occasionally, but I've never had Quiznos... According to their commercials, they're toasted, which would lead me to believe they're better, as toasting makes everything better, except maybe popsicles.