[UK] Sonic at McDonalds (includes commerical)

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I just think it was funny that everyone called Atkins an idiot. Then they started to except him diet. Then the fucker dies and suddenly he is a god. You can get fucking low carb meals at fast food restaurants now, you don't go to McDonalds or Wendy's to eat good.

type02

Post by type02 »

Segaholic2 wrote:Try working in fast food for about 4 years, then tell me what the average customer is like. Here's a hint... They fall into two categories: Fatass and dumbass.
So what? All the fat people have vanished for the 3 weeks I've been at Mc D's? :S.
There are allot of stupid people though. One woman was like 'I want 6 box of nuggets', and I was like 'what size box do you want?' and she was like six. So I charged her for 6 boxes of nuggets and whent and got the food. As you may be able to work out this costed about £9 more then it should have. She didn't notise till I had given her 6 boxes of nuggets. What makes this tail even strainger is that she was with a group of 6 kids.
Theres also lots of people who cant speek properly, how the hell are you ment to get there orders right?

Lots of things have gone up in price 10p(ish) in England.
Why do fat people always get large meals and diet coke? =/

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

type02 wrote:
Owen Axel wrote:I'd be willing to forgive McDonalds for nearly every annoyance if they would just show ONE bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customer in their commercials. I mean, why not let the majority of their clientelle surface?
Two things.
1. What are you some stupid media listening dipshit? Or do you just live in a really fucked up town? I've been working in Mc Donalds for about 3 weeks and the number of 'bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customers' is far lower then the number of buff as hell guys with scrawny hot chicks for girl friends. You should see the amount of shit these guys order. More nice chicks working there then dumb asses too.
What are you some stupid point-missing, too-quick-to-make-assumptions dipshit?
1. I want one fat person in their commercials for realism.
2. Healthy attractive thin people in their twenties can't possibly be the majority of the clientelle, meaning the people who come back often.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Awesome, I've only got the Knuckles Football one to get and I've got the whole fucking set.

Yeah, I buy Happy Meals with pride.

type02

Post by type02 »

Owen Axel wrote:
type02 wrote:
Owen Axel wrote:I'd be willing to forgive McDonalds for nearly every annoyance if they would just show ONE bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customer in their commercials. I mean, why not let the majority of their clientelle surface?
Two things.
1. What are you some stupid media listening dipshit? Or do you just live in a really fucked up town? I've been working in Mc Donalds for about 3 weeks and the number of 'bloated unhealthy weak-hearted satisfied customers' is far lower then the number of buff as hell guys with scrawny hot chicks for girl friends. You should see the amount of shit these guys order. More nice chicks working there then dumb asses too.
What are you some stupid point-missing, too-quick-to-make-assumptions dipshit?
1. I want one fat person in their commercials for realism.
2. Healthy attractive thin people in their twenties can't possibly be the majority of the clientelle, meaning the people who come back often.

Code: Select all

1.Wouldn't it be nice if there was a fat person in every commercial for realism.
2.Nope these people will be in every other day if so. Never really see the few mega fat people that come back, and lets be honest it's hard not to see them. As I said, fat people buy diet cokes. I'll let you work out my main point.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I don't know. The only thing I got from your posts is that you're an asshole. Here's a hint; if you want to make a valid argument, try not insulting the person you're talking to while misunderstanding their point at the same time.

Now you've wound in that lousy position where your opponent really couldn't give a shit what you think. Aw, what a shame.

And so by virtue of not giving a fuck, I win. Hah!
Last edited by Owen Axel on Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

type02

Post by type02 »

Awww, little boy can't take the heat, so sad.

On a point more towards the topic I got the Tails Mc D toy yesterday. It was better the sonic and shadow but still kinda suked (what do you expect for 99p?)

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

type02 wrote:Awww, little boy can't take the heat, so sad.

On a point more towards the topic I got the Tails Mc D toy yesterday. It was better the sonic and shadow but still kinda suked (what do you expect for 99p?)
Yes, the first flame war! *sits back and eats popcorn*

EDIT: NEW AVATAR!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

We can see your avatar, we know it is new. I was trying to be nice to you seeing as you are only 11, but damn. It is really fucking hard.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Hah, I just found out from a friend of mine who's in England that the Knuckles' Soccer toy wasn't changed to "Knuckles Football". Interesting.

Btw, why is the Sonic Racing game in the commercial gr<i>a</i>yish/black, when it was blue in the US? I heard that they kept the Knuckles toy colors the same though.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Spazz wrote:Hah, I just found out from a friend of mine who's in England that the Knuckles' Soccer toy wasn't changed to "Knuckles Football".
Oh my God, this must mean that American culture has taken over ENTIRELY!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Where did we come up with the word 'Soccer' anyway?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I think it was a British term anyway-- possibly just as another name for football, possibly for something else-- that you guys just adopted as the mainstream term.

Over here, football is huge. But we don't do baseball.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

That's because baseball sucks. Finally you Brits get something right.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Is Cricket really that much better?

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Pepperidge wrote:Oh my God, this must mean that American culture has taken over ENTIRELY!
Before you know it, they'll stop using metric and go back to imperial!!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Is Cricket really that much better?
Only if you do it the proper way - with exploding balls.

And baseball does indeed suck.

Which is why we need Blernsball.

j-man

Post by j-man »

Fucking corporate bastards at McDonalds don't have any more of the Knuckles Soccer games. It's the only goddamned one I need. I even have both UK and US versions of Sonic Racing.

Can someone send it to me? I'll pay with love.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Can someone send it to me? I'll pay with love.
Well fuck. Now I wish I had gone to McDonald's more often.

type02

Post by type02 »

Would you like it in or out of a bag?

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

Dunno if it'll help J-man, but i bought my copy of Knuckles Soccer for 60p down my local car boot sale (in a bag of course). The guy had about 20 of them. If you wanted i could nab one for you on this coming Sunday if there are any left?

j-man

Post by j-man »

Dude, do it. Please :) While the promise of love was sadly just bait to lure you all in (sorry Zeta) I'll pay you double price for your efforts and all P&P necessary. If you can't, then type02's offer (or maybe it was just a curiosity) sounds promising.

Although it's a very geeky thing to notice, although the Sonic Speedway was the only one to be completely different colours, the rest all have different coloured buttons, apart from the Monkeyball one. Ooh.

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

Oh a pity...i was looking forward to your offer (joke LOL).

Yeah - i'm going to go in tomorrow, so if i see one i'll def buy one for you. Then i'll let you know, and if you give me your address i'll send it on. I'm not really bothered about P+P. I doubt it'll be much. Anyhoo - we can sort something out. LOL i am looking for Sonic stuff, but it is in a totally different price range (a la soundtracks etc) so it is utterly pointles asking LOL. Don't worry - if the P+P is cheap (i reckon it'll only be £1) then i'm not botherehd - but see what you think.

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

Sorry man, i couldn't find a copy...

However if you are interested i could still sell you mine all sealed and all. Huge Sonic fan though i am - i'm not terribly worried if i don't finish the Mcdonalds set. Let me know ok?

j-man

Post by j-man »

I like it. </zoidberg>

Mail me some details as you like.