Takashi Iizuka doesn't answer five questions about Nights

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Esrever
Drano Master

Takashi Iizuka doesn't answer five questions about Nights

Post by Esrever »

Takashi Iizuka isn't fooled when interviewers ask him questions. He knows what they really want to hear, which is apparently his best impression of a talking press release.
<b>AMN: Why bring back NiGHTS? What made SEGA decide to do a new entry in the 10-year-old series?</b>

Iizuka: Making the sequel was never a plan to bring back NiGHTS. On the contrary to that thought, when I originally created NiGHTS, I always wanted to create a sequel. I had hoped to someday be given the chance to give our loyal NiGHTS fans another adventure and now we’ve come full circle as that challenge is before me. I hope you will enjoy it as much as the original.
For more completely uninformative adventures into the world of non-answers, follow the link below!

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10149

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what the hell?

Iizuka thinks he's so smart with he's answers and non-sequel games featuring the same name and character as the other game.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

That is some serious WTFness. Iizuka looks sad or something in that picture. Also...
Most users ever online was 199 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:50 am
That is an awful lot compared to the previous record.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Record BREAKER!
Most users ever online was 220 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:43 am
Wonder what they're reading...
On the subject, it wasn't as much of a lie as some recent Miyamoto's interviews... or the one to that guy in the Sega Genesis Collection on Sonic Next-gen, I can't remember if he was Iizuka or some other guy.
Funny that Iizuka's face looks more like "concerned" than straight "sad". Kind of a I'm gonna get brutally lynched and ass-raped by angry deluded fans face.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I blame the SWA (GHZ got nominated for something, y'know)--my site, which is hosting one of the webcomic nominees, got a shitload of hits not too long ago as well.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

He looks like someone just punched him in the face and he's figuring out how to retaliate. I assume this translates to the answers he gave.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Hey, look! Kotaku picked this story up, via Sega Nerds via me. The internet truly is a series of tubes, and I am at the apex, like some sort of tube... apex thing.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

What? OTHER people actually read the news at The GHZ?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

And thus the GHZ finally becomes the internet's main source for Sega news.

And all Hell follows with it.

Bravo Esrever!

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I hope all our dedicated regular contributors of newsposts that are actually informative and well-written will learn by my shining half-assed example.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Remind me why everyone hates Lizuka again.

I noticed his name was in the credits to Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the Genesis, which leads me to believe he may have been involved with Sonic's 1-2 as well. He also was onboard SA1&2. Both of those were good 3D Sonic games.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

If I recall, he was the mastermind behind Shadow the Hedgehog, therefore he gets teh h8s of everybody and their moms. Though, after reading a bunch of things about several SEGA people (from SoA, SoJ, SoE, Sonic Team itself) I stopped blaming a single person for the demise of anything, be it Peter Moore for the Dreamcast or Bernie Stolar for the Saturn or Naoto Ohshima for Artoon or whatever.

And it's Iizuka, with two 'i's... I just thought we should start calling him "Wiizuka", but that's, like, totally retarded. Don't mind me.
Last edited by Isuka on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

when I originally created NiGHTS
"Yuji Naka? I've never heard of a guy named Yuji Naka. Naoto Oshima? What? Who's THAT? Honestly, I have no idea who these people are. I've never met them or spoken to them in my entire life."

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:
when I originally created NiGHTS
"Yuji Naka? I've never heard of a guy named Yuji Naka. Naoto Oshima? What? Who's THAT? Honestly, I have no idea who these people are. I've never met them or spoken to them in my entire life."
That could have just been poorly translated, since I can think of at least one way that "when I originally created NiGHTS" could also be "when I worked on the original NiGHTS" or "after the original NiGHTS was made (by me and potentially others)". The subject is typically only implied in Japanese, so it's hard to say if he intended to take all the credit for it or not.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I know I've seen the same "created" thing turn up in interviews with Naka and other various Sonic people, as well.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Doesn't it look like he hasn't done ANYTHING at all? His answers are like when you were supposed to have school work done, but you don't, and you make up stuff about it with no details whatsoever.