Sega Splash Golf - Sonic Team themed golf game for PC

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Sega Splash Golf - Sonic Team themed golf game for PC

Post by big_smile »

Sega Splash Golf is a new PC game that features characters from several Sonic Team franchises, including Sonic, Space Channel 5 and Puyo Puyo.

Players do not play as the characters directly, but instead assume the role of a currently unnamed boy or girl. The Sonic Team characters act as caddies that offer guidance and support for the player.

By winning rounds, the player can earn money to purchase outfits that alter the emotions of the character.

The game will be playable online and supports up to 50 players. It is compatible with both Windows XP and Vista and has been designed to run on low end machines.

Sonic Team characters confirmed to appear in the game include Sonic, Tails, NiGHTS, Ulala and the Puyos. A Green Hill-style environment also acts as one of the courses. Although the game contains some of Sonic Team’s most famous properties, the development studio is not producing the game.

Watch Impress contains a full gallery of pictures together with a movie of the opening and a promotional trailer.

[DISCLAIMER: Information obtained via machine translation and may be partly inaccurate]
Last edited by big_smile on Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I can sum up this entire post in one word!

Meh.

spon

Post by spon »

ugh you know they say shadow drives a golf buggy in this game

i mean what is up with that man

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

With gun?

spon

Post by spon »

Yeah, him and Tiger Woods doin drive by putts

Actually I'm going to buy this

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

So...SEGA is basically doing a SonicTeam-ized version of Mario Golf, only for PCs?

*shrugs* Eeh. I'll wait for Sonic & Mario to get my sports on, kthnx.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Screw this golf game. Sega is making a Typing of the Dead II for the PC.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

True that.

I just hope that gets an English version so I can pira... er, <i>buy</i> it.

BTW your new avatar's cute as hell, Ngangibus. You draw that? If not, source?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

can you look up the girl's skirt

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

...As boring and useless as a Sega character golf game sounds, it actually LOOKS like something ingenius.

I mean, not many would really want to see Sonic golf, so they use Sonic for other means while using characters that could easily assume the roles of golfers. Nice way to work that out.

Plus holy shit, they can come up with perfect enviroments for a golf game and not a real Sonic game? I mean look at that! It's the PERFECT cross between realism and checkerboarded colorful tooniness that's been Sonic's best surrounding area. I'd have more fun running around that gold course than most of the level design in the newer games.

Whoever came up with that gorgeous layout needs his ass parked in the current stream of Sonic games. Of course it could be a fluke in the already parked team.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

You're Genius!

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Meh'ing with Shadow_Hog.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I have a feeling this golf game was outsourced to a no-name Korean company.
Shadow Hog wrote: BTW your new avatar's cute as hell, Ngangibus. You draw that? If not, source?
Yep, I sure did. thanks.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

EmeraldGuardian wrote:...As boring and useless as a Sega character golf game sounds, it actually LOOKS like something ingenius.

I mean, not many would really want to see Sonic golf, so they use Sonic for other means while using characters that could easily assume the roles of golfers. Nice way to work that out.

Plus holy shit, they can come up with perfect enviroments for a golf game and not a real Sonic game? I mean look at that! It's the PERFECT cross between realism and checkerboarded colorful tooniness that's been Sonic's best surrounding area. I'd have more fun running around that gold course than most of the level design in the newer games.

Whoever came up with that gorgeous layout needs his ass parked in the current stream of Sonic games. Of course it could be a fluke in the already parked team.
Simple, It's because the game has anime looks like the adventure series, specially SA1. Instead of realism, an anime atmosphere is what Sonic needs, and im not talking Sonic X.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

http://splashgolf.jp/main.html

^ The official website. Contains artwork of Sonic, Tails, NiGHTS and Opa-Opa together with the names of the main protagonists.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Those courses look like they'd be more fun to run around and generally muck about on than play golf on. Just like real golf courses!

spon

Post by spon »

big_smile wrote:http://splashgolf.jp/main.html

^ The official website. Contains artwork of Sonic, Tails, NiGHTS and Opa-Opa together with the names of the main protagonists.
look Nights isn't wearing his new even fruitier outfit! I wish they would decide on the official costume so I know what to wear when I go raving this weekend

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Heh, that Tails art is just a redo of his SA3 art (with different hand gestures).

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I think the only way I'd enjoy this game would be if it was designed to appeal to Sega fans, with loads of Sega-themed unlockables and easter eggs, etc. Otherwise it looks like a lame imitation of Pangya Super Swing Golf.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

spon wrote:ugh you know they say shadow drives a golf buggy in this game

i mean what is up with that man
Hey, no one knows buggy like Shadow.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Um... this game is free... it says so all over the pages in Japanese. Unless my Japanese is getting bad, which is a possibility...