Sonic Rush Adventure Officially Announced

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

At least you all know now.
Yeah, now I know you're trying to pull one over pal, cause your little story proves squat.

WW

Post by WW »

Heh, are'nt you the ones who called Mario and Sonic Go To the Olympics fake?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Um, no? I don't think anyone here disputed the reality of Mario & Sonic as it came with a press release and official art on official websites.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

I did, I was leery to the last.

Now, this dude, whoever he is, is going for the Watergate tapes approach. "LOLZ I SAW IT BUT NOONE ELSE AND IM POSTIN IT NOW A WEEK LATER!"
Last edited by FlashTHD on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I think there were some people who didn't believe that Journey of Dreams was real though. Even when the magazine cover was released.

Also I seriously don't want any more sonic characters. Especially furries. For some reason I was perfectly okay with the cast additions made in Secret Rings.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I was wondering when a raccon was gonna show up, And Im pleased Blaze is back, she was a decent character. A raccon? finnaly, I hope she's as cool as blaze and not useless like Cream...She could be a mechanic, because Tails will be making machines for Sonic to travel in this game I guess that explains the color scheme for the new Raccon char.
Last edited by Dasher on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WW

Post by WW »

Dasher wrote:I hope she's as cool as blaze and not useless like Cream....
Hahah! You're in for a disappointment

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Game's page at Sega Europe where the guy claims he got the image from.
http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/571.htm

Aside from the obvious differences, the font for "Coming August 2007" is different and there's the "Exclusive to" text next to the DS logo. Either Sega decided to change those things for fun when replacing the image, or it's a poor imitation.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Radrappy wrote:Also I seriously don't want any more sonic characters. Especially furries. For some reason I was perfectly okay with the cast additions made in Secret Rings.
Maybe it was because Secret Rings didn't introduce any new anthro-type characters, just a one-shot baddie and a spirit guide-thing.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

WW wrote:
Dasher wrote:I hope she's as cool as blaze and not useless like Cream....
Hahah! You're in for a disappointment
LOL, I know...here's hoping! heh...I was impressed by Rush1, so anything could happen. By her looks it seems she will be more dynamic, and again..she looks like a grease monkey.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

If this is true, then it is undenable proof that Sega is pandering to its furry-loving audience. =(

I swear the racoon/tanuki character looks like a fan-character you see at DeviantART.

EDIT: Oh wait, I re-read b_boult's post and rechecked the Sega Europe site itself--calling it fake.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Alright, humor me. What exactly is the difference between a new character that adds to the game and a new character that is merely Sega "pandering to its furry-loving audience"? My current guess is that their gimmick should be somewhat more obvious than it has been with the latest batch exhibited (ie: Tails has his two tails, Knuckles has his spiked fists, Amy has breasts, et cetera), and, moreover, how it would work into gameplay... but somehow I wonder if you guys would trash any new character regardless of whether or not they exhibit that.

And yes, this is taking into account that this design is likely a hoax.
Also I seriously don't want any more sonic characters. Especially furries. For some reason I was perfectly okay with the cast additions made in Secret Rings.
Adding furries to a game series <i>starring furries</i>? Perish the thought!

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

It's more has to do with my second sentence, SH. Honestly it really does seem like a original design, Sonic-like character that is from Deviantart that usually seems to gain a small fanclub of its own. Think the Bleedman's situation but on a smaller scale. Even more notable that this character is female, so you know that there will be some shitty-ass yiffart within the next couple of days where this character is a hoax or not.

And who the hell actually ask for new characters(especially heroes) willingly in this franchise? Seriously!
Last edited by Ngangbius on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I wonder how people would react if we ever got a human playable character that's not Eggman or Chris. Just some random cop or something on a hoverboard or something.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

That would be pretty interesting...but weird. dagnnamit, SA2 was a good game...why doesnt Sega always stick with the formula? a good game is a game where there are lots of stuff to do and all of it is atleast kinda fun.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Only the Speed levels and the Chao raising was good in that game. The rest sucked.

...unless you meant (Sonic Advance 2)SAdv2 in which I fully disagree with you.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It's more has to do with my second sentence, SH. Honestly it really does seem like a original design, Sonic-like character that is from Deviantart that usually seems to gain a small fanclub of its own. Think the Bleedman's situation but on a smaller scale.
To which I respond more or less the same. What dictates whether a character design looks like it came from dA or not? No, honestly, I'd like to know, because without any particular criteria, what's to stop me from saying that every <i>Sonic</i> character, barring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman, look like they were made by dA artists (particularly Amy)? Moreover, I'm <b>assuming</b> this is a negative thing, since what's to say that deviantArt users exhibit MORE creativity than Sonic Team does?
And who the hell actually ask for new characters(especially heroes) willingly in this franchise? Seriously!
Honestly, it depends on how they're used... although yeah, I'd like to see a game that goes without introducing major characters. Just once. I don't think the main series has ever done it before. The Game Gear ones, I suppose, did, and <i>Sonic 3D</i> might be pushing it, but otherwise every game included a new character (at least one) in it.

Also Zeta... I'd say it wouldn't fit in with the series. Unless it really was the cop on the hoverboard, in which case I'd be too busy flying around town to care.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

To which I respond more or less the same. What dictates whether a character design looks like it came from dA or not? No, honestly, I'd like to know, because without any particular criteria, what's to stop me from saying that every Sonic character, barring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman, look like they were made by dA artists (particularly Amy)? Moreover, I'm assuming this is a negative thing, since what's to say that deviantArt users exhibit MORE creativity than Sonic Team does?
You got it. It looks like they got the inspiration and the idea people want new characters from Deviantart. Assuming this isn't a hoax.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

First thought that came to mind when I saw the pic was "HOOOOOOOOOAX"

Now all that comes to mind is "Pleeeeease, be a Hoax"

That is seriously the ugliest, least appealing character design i've seen in a Sonic game. Even worse than Vector's redesign in Heroes.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

A bud of mine from another MB pointed that it comes from Sonic Cult's image server also and the date's from April 16:

http://www.sonic-cult.org/upcoming/rush_adventure/

While Cult do deliver new secret info about Sonic games, Cult did pull hoaxes before so...

EDIT: OOPS, looks like SC just found out about this too and it must be dated wrong, my bad.
Last edited by Ngangbius on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Not really anything to do with the whole is-it-or-isn't-it real debate, but I wanted to touch on the debate about what makes a character's design looks like it "came from deviant art."

Strictly speaking, the sign of a not-especially-creative character, be they a fan character or an official one, is additive design: the character was (mostly) created by just taking an existing character and adding extra crap to it... hats, hair, more complex gloves and shoes, clothes, angel wings, kneepads, tattoos...

The result is a really derivative-looking character who leeches off the appeal of the original while adding a lot of busy-looking bells and whistles that clutter up the design and make the original seem abnormally basic by comparison.

For example, here's my fucking awesome fan character, "Soft Serv."

He's just like Sonic, except he's got claws and piercings and fingerpads and a cybernetic eye and a robot ear and really complicated boots and veins of chaos emerald energy cracking through his body. See, he's like Sonic, only he's COOLER. See?

Sonic team is just as guilty of additive design as the fans, though. Amy Rose is easily the worst offender, especially her original design. It's Sonic, but with bows and eyelashes and a frilly dress. Hot!

An example of a solid new character, on the other hand, would be Knuckles. He has a strong, simple design that is distinct from Sonic's without being excessively busier or more complicated. They didn't just take Sonic as a base and build on top of it. Knuckles' base itself is unique... a unique head, a unique snout, and in the older games, even a unique body. If anything, Knuckles and Sonic look like they're both variations of an even simpler, more basic design... like they took that concept and went in two different directions to get the two different characters.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Sofe Serv looks like the answer to "What if Tetsuya Nomura designed Sonic the Hedgehog?"

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Not enough buckles and belts for Nomura.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

And zippers.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

SoftServ is my new avatar.