Sonic Rush Adventure Officially Announced

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Im starting to think Ngangbius is right, she does look like a Red Panda.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Actually, now that I think of it... yeah, she does seem like a red panda.

Mostly because of the eye markings- they match up more with a red panda's then with a raccoon's (light on top, dark on bottom). The orange colour also matches up more with a red panda's coat colouring (... as if realistic colours ever mattered).

The tail is also rounded off like a red panda's. But, that's also how stylized tanuki tails are done, so...

Hm.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Making her a raccoon dog and giving her the power to morph would at least mean you wouldn't see her design if most of her abilities involve her transforming into a teakettle, or a mobile Jizo statue or something.

And morphing is pretty much the only superpower left that a Sonic character doesn't have.

On a related note, I'm still annoyed the tanuki Pokemon doesn't learn Transform.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

big_smile wrote:The txt document is known as a bibliography file and was present on most Sega disc based games (until they became a third party developer).

I think the file is simply listing the previous Sonic games that Sonic Team worked on. Sonic CD isn’t listed because, although the box art carries the Sonic Team Presents logo, it wasn’t produced by the exact same team members that worked on the other Sonic games. Interestingly, the bibliography file on the Sonic CD disc is blank.

This isn’t the only time Sonic CD has been omitted from official lists of Sonic Team games: The 2004 Sonic Team quiz covered every Sonic Team game (including supervised titles such as Sonic 3D and Sonic R), but omitted Sonic CD (and the Sonic Team supervised Sonic Shuffle).
The "true" storylines of the Sonic games are of the Genesis originals, and the Adventure series, as those were all done by Sonic Team. I think SEGA and traveler's Tales were the ones behind stuff like Spinball, 3D Blast, R, and such.
It worth noting that the Sonic story line has changed over the years. Back in 1998, only games with a Sonic Team logo seemed to be a part of the story, but over the years other titles have been incorporated, including games that Sonic Team had no involvement with (such as Chaotix).
But Sonic Adventure has a cameo of the Sonic CD Metal Sonic.

Sonic CD isn’t probably included because it creates a plothole about Amy age…

And about the raccoon girl, it would be funny if she ended becoming Blaze sidekick at the end of the game…

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Arcade wrote:Sonic CD isn’t probably included because it creates a plothole about Amy age…
Tails jumped from about 12 years of age to 8 in Heroes, and Charmy from 16 to 6. I don't think they care.

WW

Post by WW »

It's called a retcon. As far as they're concerned, Tails has always been 8, Amy has always been 12, and so on.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Tails has always been 8.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

In the SA series, he was 12, I believe.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Tails has always been 8.
Really now. I could've sworn Sonic Jam said otherwise, my bad G-dog.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Ritz wrote:
Crazy Penguin wrote:Tails has always been 8.
Really now. I could've sworn Sonic Jam said otherwise, my bad G-dog.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Ritz wrote:
Arcade wrote:Sonic CD isn’t probably included because it creates a plothole about Amy age…
Tails jumped from about 12 years of age to 8 in Heroes, and Charmy from 16 to 6. I don't think they care.
Charmy didn't have an age in the japanese story of Chaotix. So they could give him the age they wanted in Heroes.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I would've preferred a 16 year-old Charmy than the 6 year-old Charmy we ended up with in Heroes.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

Adamis wrote:Charmy didn't have an age in the japanese story of Chaotix. So they could give him the age they wanted in Heroes.
Heavens! Then where am I getting this stuff from? I know I've read it somewhere before. What about the English story?

Either way, disregard this I suck cocks

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

The English story said he was 16. Ironically, the Japan story labeled Vector and Espio as 17 and 16, respectively, yet their ages were left out of the English one.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Sonic Stadium found the boxart:

Less fugly than I was expecting, though they had to have pasted in at least one person cheaply for it to truly be a new Sonic cover, and woe be the Cap'n. They found that on EB Games' site, and they're advertising a street date of September 19th.

Incidentally - and take this however you will (gulp) - they also have NiGHTS 2 currently on tap for November 13th.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Well, the boxart is...interesting, at least. A bit nicer than the previous game's art, IMO.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I don't like it how Captain Whiskers is in the backround. Everything about his position and him being the color red seems like he would be better suited for the front. Although I don't think they'd want to have Sonic in the backround. The island and boat at the bottom is pretty nice.

I think I really prefer the first game's cover. It was overall better composed in my opinion. It was a little plain for a cover though. And I never did like the old game's logo.

But yeah, I'm still hopeful for this game.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

It's a good cover, despite it being pasted together rather than a singular piece of art and despite Sonic not being in an action pose.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

A LOT earlier than I was expecting. At this rate I can go down to Best Buy and pick this game up along with <i>Phoenix Wright 3</i> and <i>Halo 3</i> as early as September. Which I honestly wasn't expecting to be doable.

Although I'm unlikely to pick up <i>Halo 3</i>, Dad probably has that covered.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Gamespot posted a new gameplay video here.

BEAT GANSTA BEAT! GANSTA BEAT!

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Well, honestly...I'm not really impressed. Overall it looks pretty similar to Rush yeah, gameplay and overall style pretty much the same.... but in comparison it's definitely lacking in virtually every respect.

For one the music definitely doesn't seem to be Naganuma. The only track similar to his work is the boss music and it seems more like a forced attempt at recreating his style. The rest is...well just really generic, no interesting melodies that stand out or anything, just some bog standard "background noise".

Visually the levels don't look any bettter in motion than in stills, no parallax scrolling in the background to save them from being as bland as they looked. The pirate ship stage especially looks like they tried as hard as they could to make it one hell of an ugly motherfucker. The airships in SMB3 were more visually inspiring. The twinkling in the coral cave stage too also comes across as a really lame attempt for them to spice up what's otherwise poor aesthetic design.

The boss fights I'm not even going to discuss in anything more than "Jesus Christ what the fuck is this bullshit" as I'm tired and lazy and that sums things up pretty well.

Overall I'm rather drastically disappointed. The only positive note I have is that the 3d sailing or whatever sections look kind of half fun...but well that's just me straining to find good things to say about an otherwise thoroughly mediocre video.

WW

Post by WW »

James, what's it like to live without knowing happiness?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Honestly, I'm not really hyped for this title either and the music is pretty meh.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

WW, what's it like being blind?