Sonic Rush Adventure Officially Announced

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

The txt document is known as a bibliography file and was present on most Sega disc based games (until they became a third party developer).

I think the file is simply listing the previous Sonic games that Sonic Team worked on. Sonic CD isn’t listed because, although the box art carries the Sonic Team Presents logo, it wasn’t produced by the exact same team members that worked on the other Sonic games. Interestingly, the bibliography file on the Sonic CD disc is blank.

This isn’t the only time Sonic CD has been omitted from official lists of Sonic Team games: The 2004 Sonic Team quiz covered every Sonic Team game (including supervised titles such as Sonic 3D and Sonic R), but omitted Sonic CD (and the Sonic Team supervised Sonic Shuffle).
The "true" storylines of the Sonic games are of the Genesis originals, and the Adventure series, as those were all done by Sonic Team. I think SEGA and traveler's Tales were the ones behind stuff like Spinball, 3D Blast, R, and such.
It worth noting that the Sonic story line has changed over the years. Back in 1998, only games with a Sonic Team logo seemed to be a part of the story, but over the years other titles have been incorporated, including games that Sonic Team had no involvement with (such as Chaotix).

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

big_smile wrote:It worth noting that the Sonic story line has changed over the years. Back in 1998, only games with a Sonic Team logo seemed to be a part of the story, but over the years other titles have been incorporated, including games that Sonic Team had no involvement with (such as Chaotix).
I'm still not clear on whether the Chaotix game itself is considered canon, or just the characters. There's been no indication so far in the post-Adventure games that the Chaotix have had any involvement with Knuckles.

WW

Post by WW »

IGN had a small hands on with the game. From what they say, it sounds promising, but IGN did the same thing to Sonic '06, and look how that turned out. =\

Still hopeful though.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/787/787439p1.html

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Didn't we already have a link in this thread pointing to the same article?

apc w.h.

Post by apc w.h. »

i have a question
who is eggman nega ?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I guess that raccoon creature thing is legitimate: http://kotaku.com/photogallery/gallery/1860962

Welp.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Is that character really any worse than any post-Adventure character design? I don't see a problem, other than the fact it seems like furry pedo-bait.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Segaholic2 wrote:Welp.
That about sums it up, doesn't it?

I think people are going to assume Whiskers is Eggman based on the current promo art. They could be right!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

apc w.h. wrote:i have a question
who is eggman nega ?
LEAVE.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

apc w.h. wrote:i have a question
who is eggman nega ?
One of the millions of characters the Sonic franchise can do without.

Or, more accurately, a picture of Eggman in MS Pant with the colors inverted.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Except his skin.

Which is why we created Eggman Nigga.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Am I the only one who sees a cut and dry Cream recolor? Not just that it looks like a generic Uekawa furry, but that everything about it is a Cream recolor with the ears replaced by pigtails that randomly bend up, a brow, and a tail pinned on?

WW

Post by WW »

Oh my god, you guys! Shadow looks like a Sonic recolor! :o

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Not to mention Amy, or how Tikal is a Knuckles recolor! OMG

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

But with those characters you've got the excuse that they're the same species, so it's to be expected that their models look similar. This is a rabbit being used as the base for a raccoon.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I see some vague similarities in the head/face, but that's about it for me.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The coloured area around the eyes is common to both her and Cream. But remove that area and both her and Cream look almost exactly like seven or eight other characters, too. Sonic character design has become a very shallow pool.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Didn't you also mention that Cream, Wave, and now raccoony are derived from the template that is Rouge? It really is the head.

And Frieza, your complaint reminded me of this.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

XD! Win.

Also, if they were all taken from the Rouge template, why don't they all have enormous...tracts of land?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Yar! As limited as the Sonic design style has become, it's the female characters in particular that are REALLY restrained... because, in addition to looking like Sonic characters, they also have to look "feminine". That leaves the women of the franchise drawing from an even shallower pool of features than the male characters, whose designs aren't limited by the burden of conveying any sort of overt gender at all. (Like Mickey or Bugs Bunny, they're really more or less androgynous designs that are "read" as male by default.)

All those female characters have basically the same eyes, head shape, and body size (Rouge's giant boobs not withstanding), as well as one of about two different "girly" colour schemes. There's not a lot of room for variation when every woman in the franchise has to be thin, sleek, wide-eyed and pink. (Or tan!)

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I've never liked the huge eyelashes female cartoon characters are given. They're stupid.

The colour scheme is strong and her gloves are different to the rest of the Sonic cast, which is a plus, but other than that the design is very weak.

1. The head. It's a circular shape, this should always be a last resort in character design and it's already been used on almost every female Sonic character. Eyelashes and long "hair" to show that she is female - lazy. Triangles for ears, once again lazy and overused. There are no distinctive features on her face other than the marks around her eyes, which are almost identical to Cream's.

2. For whatever reasons it's become a rule in Sonic's world that the female characters must wear clothes. Unfortunately no thought has been put into her clothing. There's nothing largely wrong with it per se, it's just utterly generic and tells us nothing at all about her personality or abilities. No effort has been made for her clothes to accommodate her tail (they did a good job of this with Blaze). The orange makes her shoes look gaudy and it's the exact same colour as her fur, I can hardly believe such an amateurish design flaw like that slipped by, replacing the orange with black would have made for a much more consistent and less busy colour scheme.

3. The character has no design quirks or gimmicks, there's nothing unique about her. Maybe it's because raccoons, like most fluffy four legged mammals, are just too easy to turn into humanised cartoon characters and there's not the same kind of freedom as with hedgehogs, echidnas, chameleons, crocodiles and wolf-weasel thingies. Still, there was no attempt to balance this out with a gimmick, Tails for example had his extra tail, fairly common in Japanese folklore but using them like helicopter propellors to fly was a novel twist. A super fast blue hedgehog and a two tailed flying fox. Whatever happened to the surrealism of Sonic characters?

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Personally it's those things jutting out from the base of her skull that bother me the most. I suppose that it makes sense to add pigtails to make her seem more female but they combine with her ears to make for a weird ass and unappealing silhouette.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Has her name been confirmed as Tanuki yet? Or was that speculation?

I think the character has something to do with leaves. Her color scheme is horrible, but if she has some sort of plant ability over leaves or something, then it makes sense. (Green, Brown, Orange, all leaf colors, and the game comes out in Autumn)

idk, just a thought.

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

Is she a racoon or a tanuki? if she is a tanuki it is a pity she is not "he", a sonic character with giant testicles could be an interesting thing to see

WW

Post by WW »

She's a raccoon.