Sonic Rush Adventure Officially Announced

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Sonic Rush wasn't all that good-looking: horrid 3-D sprites, bland environments, few background colors, and pixelation was EVERYWHERE. The Special Stages were even gaudier looking than Heroes'. As far as I'm concerned, the only good-looking Sonic game from Dimps was the first Advance.

That said, I'm kind of looking forward to this game.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Well, I get the feeling Rush's dithering was more a hold over from the Gameboy Advance era.

I didn't have problems with the special stages or the 3D models, though, and I thought the environments themselves were pretty decent. Stuff like that is more personal preference.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Locit wrote:Actually, I sort of hope it's Eggman in a crappy disguise. I could dig that.
You mean, like how Captain K.Rool was King K.Rool, and vice-versa? Interesting.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's not even that Sonic Rush looked all that great... it just looked a lot better than THIS. I was hoping for improved visuals, not worse ones. :/

The whole Sonic Advance series was funny in the same way, though. A single game (say, Sonic Advance 3) could have one stage with absolutely fantastic detailed graphics and multilayered backgrounds (Chaos Angel), and another stage that consisted of approximately two repeating tiles and a flat backdrop that looked like it was cranked out in MS Paint (Toy Kingdom).

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

K. Rool was a weird enemy. I think he was the first villain whose main idea was that he cosplayed as a different enemy in every game.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Ooh, Fall 2007...that makes two DS games to look forward to this fall--this and Phoenix Wright 3.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Brazillian Cara wrote:You mean, like how Captain K.Rool was King K.Rool, and vice-versa? Interesting.
Actually, I never really played the DKC series. I just thought it would be funny if Eggman built an exoskeleton disguise specifically designed accommodate his distinctive mustache.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

I just bet that he's not involved in the story in any form at all. I mean, that robot's a damn pirate, it would totally beat Eggman's ass because of the scientifically proven fact that Robot Pirate > mad scientist.

Also, he wouldn't use such a perfect disguise, would he?

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

You gotta remember, this is a guy who loves his own appearance so much that he plasters it all over everything he owns. Hell, he probably carries a lunchbox shaped like him, complete with a thermos carrying his image.

Wouldn't surprise me if, during the course of making himself a disguise, he couldn't help making it look like him, and hoped everyone would be too stupid to notice.

Who knows, maybe this guy started out as some factory worker for Robotnik and just up and decided that he should become a pirate.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

The logo plastered on the front of Whisker's chapeau is basically eggman's seal. The skull eyes even look like goggles.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

It's Eggman's roboticized great, great, grandson come back in time to prevent global warming from melting the icecaps and forcing humanity to live on the high seas. He roboticized himself because anyone brave enough to sail the high seas as a robot is clearly someone you don't want to mess with.
Last edited by Frieza2000 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Shit, that explains everything!!

So far, I'm totally loving the plot.
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Eggman Nega roboticized Blaze's father!

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Does anyone know if Hideki Naganuma is doing the soundtrack?

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

There hasn't been anythign mentioned regarding the music, but I'd think it's a safe bet.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I wasn't feeling the pirate theme at first because it seemed to be overplayed in everything else right now. But then I remembered the SatSR was inspired by God of War and Prince of Persia. Having Sonic in this kind of theme world once again will be pretty cool I hope.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I wasn't feeling the pirate theme at first because it seemed to be overplayed in everything else right now.
I blame Pirates of the Carribean.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well, better pirates than the extremely overused ninja theme.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Yeah but at least we've already got a ninja in the sonic universe. Not that I would ever condone him starring in his own ninja game.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Hm. Sonic seems to be getting a lot more cutesy, whimsy, and comical.

Addition of Cream/Cheese
Aliens in Shadow (not exactly whimsy or comical)
Genies/Aladdin themes in Secret Rings
Pirates in Rush 2

I don't want Sonic to be dumbed-down to a silly character who fights cartoony badguys, i much more like explosions, giant robots, super sonic, and SA-like stories (sans the giant monster end bosses)

But the pirate villain DOES look cool, as does the artwork. I just hope EVERY Sonic game isn't cutsey though. I still want SA-like games.

Here's hoping for Zombies in Rush 3.

In fact, a halloween themed Sonic game would be the bees knees.

Sonic gets caught in a diemensional portal, and sees a halloween version of his world.

Amy= fairy guide

Shadow= Count Dracula

Rouge= Witch

Tails= Wolfman

Dr Eggman= Dr Jekyll

Return of King Boom Boo

And at the end we find out Tails Doll is the ruler of the land. Eggman realized when he created Tails doll that he was far too evil, and sent him into another diemension. Now he's back for revenge and wants to return to Sonic's world.)

Stardust Speedman

Post by Stardust Speedman »

@ Cjmcray: Not a bad idea with the Tails Doll thing! ~^

We are actually getting to a balance here! In the first generation of Sonic games, we had five very successfull Sonic games:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Mega Drive)
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Mega Drive)
3. Sonic the Hedgehog CD
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
5. Sonic & Knuckles

In this generation of Sonic games we also have five very successful games:

1. Sonic Adventure
2. Sonic Adventure 2
3. Sonic Rush
4. Sonic and the Secret Rings
5. Sonic Rush Adventure (even though it's still not out, but I asume it's going to be very successfull. - At least I hope!)

Supposedly, after Rush Adventure there will be a gap and then the next generation of Sonic games will start. A difference is that the the first generation of Sonic games was seven years long, while this one has so far been 10 years long. I actually prefere the five very successful games of this generation a little bit over the ones of the last generation, though. Even though one of these five games isn't out yet. Suriously though, they can't afford to ruin the name of such an extremely successfull game like Sonic Rush, so, I'm sure they must be working hard on this one!
Last edited by Stardust Speedman on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Also, the flickies and all those little furries should turn into pumpkins, Knuckles would be Frankenstein's monster, and Cream would be a mummy or something that doesn't move at all.

This is so awesome, I'd buy three copies!

WW

Post by WW »

I'd burn three copies to hell.

aso

Post by aso »

The backgrounds are a bit flat, yes, but I'm digging the art style and colors used in the composition.

Don't really have much else to comment on concerning the game, though, since I've never played the original Rush, either. Har.