Sega file a trademark for 'Sonic Rush Adventure'

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

theAMAZINGboo wrote:(f any sonic character is obvoiusly a hooker it's rouge)
Fix'd.
Even Sonic 2 let you do some backtracking, of which I have seen none at the moment in Sonic Rush, but well I can't say for sure 'cause I didn't play the damn thing.
Now that DA mentions it, playing the same game more than once, each time with a different character, is pointless and stupid, but somehow StH3&K managed to make it not only good, but excellent. What can it be that makes that game so damn special?
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It was the first Sonic game that we'd gotten in years that was even DECENT, and the music was fantastic.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Creating rhythm and melody by repeating a word/phrase the an entire song is something I can dig.

Creating rhythm and melody by repeating words/phrases for an entire soundtrack is not.
theAMAZINGboo wrote:If it's just "an obstacle course (which kind of describes a platformer level..), it's no more so than say, Sonic 2.
It's been parroted into the ground by now, but the beauty of the old games was that they could be played as racetracks that you blaze to the end of as fast as you can or as platforming worlds that you could explore and be rewarded for your explorations. In Rush you're penalized for ever stopping by both level design and the tension meter that drops over time, and any attempt to backtrack is quickly met with a dead end or death.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Zeta wrote:It was the first Sonic game that we'd gotten in years that was even DECENT, and the music was fantastic.
I liked Riders, Adventure 2, and Heroes was "ok"

I also liked the Advance series (never played 3 though)

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I always thought that Blaze was the Sonic-universe's Sheena Fujibayashi. She comes from a different demension, wears similar style, starts off as the enemy to become friend later on....

But I've been looking forward to the Rush sequal as well. I've known about it since 2003 because my dad works for Sega. No, I've actually played it. It's in my house right now. I could tell you about it but it's TOP SECRET. If I said anything they'd take away my copy of it and sell it on eBay or something. I have 15 different strategy guides for it. It can also link up to the Wii and you can play it full screen and to unlock MEGA HYPER EGG MAN NEGA on Sonic and the Secret Rings, which I've had since 1999.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

gr4yJ4Y wrote: I've actually played it. It's in my house right now. I could tell you about it but it's TOP SECRET. If I said anything they'd take away my copy of it and sell it on eBay or something. I have 15 different strategy guides for it. It can also link up to the Wii and you can play it full screen and to unlock MEGA HYPER EGG MAN NEGA on Sonic and the Secret Rings, which I've had since 1999.
Something tells me your post is not entirely true. Just a hunch.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Frieza is mostly right except for this:
the tension meter that drops over time
It drops when you get hit or sustain a full gauge for long enough without doing something to keep it full (then it drops from 300 to 200%).

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

So tell us J4Y, are there another 7 emeralds, like Luna Emeralds? Or a third Universe with a "whole new character" and X-Eggman? Or even *gasp* vast, highly intricated stages with immersive and tricky level layout?... Does Vanilla, or at least Lumina Flowlight, show tit? I would buy it if you get tired of it.

EDIT:
gr4yJ4Y wrote:I always thought that Blaze was the Sonic-universe's Sheena Fujibayashi. She comes from a different demension, wears similar style, starts off as the enemy to become friend later on....
But she has these two big boobies... aw, forget it, you're right.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

that was a terrible, terrible game. I played over 20 hours of it so I feel like I should be able to talk. The story was fucking laughable. I could not take a single second of the entire game seriously. Also Lloyd was a dumb jock. How often do you enjoy playing as a lead who is constantly being bashed by his friends for being a dumb fuck?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Most RPG protagonists are either angsting emo badboys or dumb fucks. Tales was just the first to have the supporting cast call them on it.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Tales games aren't famous for their stories(at least in the U.S.) either since they are usually are generic, animu schlock that adds a laughably bad raicism plot point.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

No worse than the heavy handed "racism is BAD OMGWTF!!!11!" message of Harry Potter.

Rolken

Post by Rolken »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:Now that DA mentions it, playing the same game more than once, each time with a different character, is pointless and stupid, but somehow StH3&K managed to make it not only good, but excellent. What can it be that makes that game so damn special?
The fact that you're only partially playing the same game. There were entire levels in which Sonic and Knuckles' territory barely coincided if at all - in particular, AI2, LB2, LR2, and everything thereafter, and in the others there was always divergent terrain to be explored. No Sonic game before or since has had levels that were nearly as complex, and there probably never will be again, as it's expensive to create that much content; people easily forget now that when Sonic 3 was released there was angst over how short the game was.
FlashTHD wrote:It drops when you get hit or sustain a full gauge for long enough without doing something to keep it full (then it drops from 300 to 200%).
To be picky, how it really works is that when it hits full you get a certain period of infinite no-drain rush usage that restarts whenever you do something that fills the gauge; afterwards, if you used the gauge at all it drops to 200%, and if you didn't it just stays at 300% and supercharges again the next time you fill it.

edit: I'll make a preemptive followup to the first point before somebody calls me on it. It's easy to complain about Sega's management forcing STI to split S3K into two games for the $$$, but the fact is that there isn't much of a historical relationship in Sonic between the amount of money spent making wide expansive levels and the amount of money earned from those levels. Sonic 2 sold far more than S3K, and had significantly less lush and complex levels; Sonic Adventure outsold SA2 despite having 10 levels to its 30, and SSR outsold Sonic06 despite terrifically less content. Yes, there's lots of nuance to each example and you can argue quality and depth and so on, but ultimately the relevant opinions to the production of Sonic games are not based on our detailed understanding of the games but Sega management looking at the hard numbers of production costs and revenues and making decisions accordingly.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Maybe it's the same mentality behind Nintendo's decisions for the Wii's architecture design and general consumer target.

The funny thing is that, when I first played both Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles (stand-alone), I never thought they were particularly short, I just spent time wandering all over the place in most stages, maybe with some exceptions like Carnival Night or Sandopolis 'cause those were a little dangerous to wander about (some bottomless pits that were kind of erratically placed) and a little straight-forward.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Sonic Rush Adventure seems to imply that their might be a new adventure game on the way. For Wii. Which could link up with the DS game. For mad Chao action.

Besides, there's already a Sonic Rush 2 in development. From what i've heard. From this crystal ball I have here.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sandopolis was always my least favorite Zone, simply because of the ghost sequence, which made the temples pretty impossible to explore freely.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Which could link up with the DS game. For mad Chao action.
I hope you're willing to accept responsibility for the unholy mental images that last sentence conjured up.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I hope they never bring back the chao raising.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I liked Chao raising. Not that it was mandatory, but it was a pretty interesting sidegame. :|

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I liked Chao raising in SA, but not so much in SA2. It seemed more organic and open ended, but maybe that's just me waxing nostalgia. I thought the gardens in the first were cooler, if a little less, um, functional. That, and I thought the good/bad Chao aspects were silly. The "good" chao looked gay, and you had to monitor who you were raising your chao with if you wanted a neutral one, which meant countless load times for switching between the two sides. Blah.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I think the only virtual pet I ever got into was Seaman actually.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Chao raising would've kicked ass as it's own standalone game. They oughta make one for the DS.

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

I hope they bring back the chao raising. I like playing with piñatas but it's not the same...

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

I couldn't stand chao raising in SADX. Didn't try it in SA2 because... well... I don't have a Dreamcast nor a GameCube, so guess.

Rob's right, it would make for a nice timewaster.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:I couldn't stand chao raising in SADX. Didn't try it in SA2 because... well... I don't have a Dreamcast nor a GameCube, so guess.

Rob's right, it would make for a nice timewaster.
If you didn't have a GC, how did you try it in SADX?