Sega file a trademark for 'Sonic Rush Adventure'

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Sega file a trademark for 'Sonic Rush Adventure'

Post by big_smile »

Sega recently filed a trademark for the title of Sonic Rush Adventure. As the trademark has been registered under the category of ‘video game software’, it most likely indicates that a new Sonic game is in development.

The patent record can be found here, but it contains no further information to confirm the existence of a new title.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

This same happened with Chrono Break/ Chrono Brake, but then the developers of the Chrono series left Square Enix. Well, I suppose most games had their names trademarked before anything was made public about the games themselves.

Back to the topic, aside from the obvious fact of a Sonic Rush sequel due to high DS demand and that it is a fine game, it sounds like some kind of mixture between broad, expansive adventure fields and typical Sonic-action lore, maybe like Rockman Zero only bigger and perhaps in full 3D. I never played Sonic Rush, but it does sound like a good and natural idea for a change, without any convoluted travesties in the way.
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

OFFICIAL: Sega now holds the land-speed record for going back on its word. Also, it's only a name, for heaven's sakes. Let's save our predictions on gamelplay style for when Sega releases at least a single piece of ambiguous promo art, yes?

That said, it is a terrible, awful, very bad name.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Sonic the Hedgehog & Silver Triple Chaos Adventure Secret Rival Heroes Skypatrol BD Collection + at Aspen 2010... International Trial.

They're just dying to get this one for the PlayStation Portable 2 on it's launch, without any online capabilities, of course.
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I bet it's a remake of Sonic Adventure using the Sonic Rush engine.

theAMAZINGboo

Post by theAMAZINGboo »

YES Sonic rush is my favorite post S&K Sonic game and I'm glad it's getting a sequel.

Hell, with a few improvements and some more levels I would say Sonic Rush 2 has a chance of surpassing Sonic 3&Knuckles on my top list.

(i hope blaze returns)

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I'm sorry but, am I the only one to think that Blaze kinda looks like a drag queen?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

theAMAZINGboo wrote:Hell, with a few improvements and some more levels I would say Sonic Rush 2 has a chance of surpassing Sonic 3&Knuckles on my top list.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Opa-Opa wrote:I'm sorry but, am I the only one to think that Blaze kinda looks like a drag queen?
I thought Blaze was a transvestite at first too.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

... Well, she isn't wearing a skirt or dress and doesn't have big, prominent breasts, so yes.
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Segaholic2 wrote:
theAMAZINGboo wrote:Hell, with a few improvements and some more levels I would say Sonic Rush 2 has a chance of surpassing Sonic 3&Knuckles on my top list.
I don't think it's that drastic an exaggeration. The original is by no means perfect but it has pretty solid groundwork and was a significant step up over the Advance series. With more inspired level design, improved boss battles, a greater game length and refined gameplay overall I think a sequel could at least approach the greatness of the Megadrive titles.

Saying that though, this probably doesn't really exist or it's some awful 3d adventure which will play and look like shit. If it actually is a 2d game it'll probably be nothing like Rush anyway as the fact Sega had a break up with Dimps probably has to do with the fact this isn't just a straight "Sonic Rush 2".

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

... Oh, I thought NT was so happy with that notion that he started to barf uncontrollably in excitement and unavoidable expectation. Maybe I was wrong.

Also, I'll be curious: in every video of the game, both Sonic and Blaze just keep running all the time, like if the entire stages where simply obstacle courses. Is this some kind of macabre coincidence (that every video shows those parts while there are others which include exploration and some type of rewarding for said exploration), or the game is just that (and the Klonoa-esque bosses)?
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

theAMAZINGboo wrote:YES Sonic rush is my favorite post S&K Sonic game and I'm glad it's getting a sequel.

Hell, with a few improvements and some more levels I would say Sonic Rush 2 has a chance of surpassing Sonic 3&Knuckles on my top list.

(i hope blaze returns)
Blaze was pretty uninspired sorry, and don't get me started on Eggman Nega...

That being said, if it is a sequel to Sonic Rush and follows the same gameplay mechanic, it could be pretty sweet if it's done right. I would hope its not treated as a minor project though (it probably would be) and that all the shortcomings of the original were learned from and sorted. For example, the story was pretty bad. The cut scenes should be more than just still frames and speech bubbles, and polygon model could probably be tweeked a little (although it was by no means bad it still didn't feel "right" to me). Also, the death drops issue should be addressed. I don't mind them if you can see them and know they're coming, but there were simply too many blind ones in some stages, and they were really annoying.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I think that if they improve everything, they can make a game that's better.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

It may sound crazy enough to work, Sega Studios Japan proved the opposite to be true with Sonic 360, so why not?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Opa-Opa wrote:I'm sorry but, am I the only one to think that Blaze kinda looks like a drag queen?
Am I the only one who hated the fact that they took a decent Sonic game and made me play a shittier version of it over again to "really" beat it?

I mean, really. I got your ass-munching emeralds. What else do you want from me?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

But Blaze has <i>attitude</i>, man. She is sassy and more importantly, independent. She doesn't need a man to tell her how to live her life or birth children or clean the kitchen. GIRL POWER!

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:Also, I'll be curious: in every video of the game, both Sonic and Blaze just keep running all the time, like if the entire stages where simply obstacle courses. Is this some kind of mishappen (that every video shows those parts while there are others which include exploration and some type of rewarding for said exploration), or the game is just that (and the Klonoa-esque bosses)?
The game is just that. It's a more solid Sonic Advance 2, but still way, way overrated.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Locit wrote:OFFICIAL: Sega now holds the land-speed record for going back on its word. Also, it's only a name, for heaven's sakes.
Well technically all their dumb little 'we aren't gonna make Sonic games for awhile' statement referred to was the 360/PS3. They said 'they'd keep on shitting them out on the Wii' if I remember correctly.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Also the "Adventure" in the supposed title sounds ominous. =X Why could they settle for a simple "Rush 2"?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

And even if they weren't just referring to 360/PS3 titles, would that even include titles they usually outsource to other companies anyway?
Ngangbius wrote:Also the "Adventure" in the supposed title sounds ominous. =X Why could they settle for a simple "Rush 2"?
If I had to be optimistic, I'd say because they're planning on incorporating either 3D adventure fields to the 2D gameplay, and it would work marvelously.

If I had to be realistic, they'll either do a half-assed job on that or just make no changes in the hope of mooching off the last critically acclaimed title they released.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Part of Sonic Rush’s (limited) creative success came from its simplicity. Unlike other Sonic games, it wasn’t overburden with gimmicks and so could concentrate on realising one core idea to a (semi-) high standard.

This ‘Adventure’ version goes against the original’s simplicity as it almost guarantees that the game will be overburdened with poorly realised RPG and story elements .
Also the "Adventure" in the supposed title sounds ominous. =X Why could they settle for a simple "Rush 2"?
The title reminds of Travellers Tales’ recent Monkey Ball game, which also had an awkwardly placed Adventure suffix.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

In both games you got to chat with incredibly flat, charisma-less NPC's, so I have an idea of what we'll find in this SRA game, if it happens to be named like that (I miss WildFire, a lot). Maybe it'll be renamed to something akin to "Sonic X-treme Rush".

So people and professional game journalists worldwide got all worked up for an obstacle-course reflex challenge? With two screens? Sweet.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

And Jet Set Radio style music which kicked ass.

theAMAZINGboo

Post by theAMAZINGboo »

Well for me, Sonic Rush has gameplay that comes very close to the megadrive titles. If it's just "an obstacle course (which kind of describes a platformer level..), it's no more so than say, Sonic 2.

As for the story, it's nothing amazing, but it gets the job done pretty well. It's not Sonic teenage angst, it's not Shadow the hedgehog, nor on the Sonic Heroes level of stupidity. So it's cool.

For me, Blaze is the first Sonic character since Knuckles that I've really liked. She's not overly annoying, she's not overly angst, she's not increidbly stupid. She's actually a pretty damn fine character.

(I still don't know how the hell Sonic Rush is knocked for having a bad story when there are games like Shadow the Hedgehog)

But yeah, I just feel Sonic Rush is the best Sonic game to come out in years. And not in a "ok everything else is crap so i guess ill like the one thats decent way.

(f any sonic character is a transvestite it's rouge)