Newsboard Competition

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Newsboard Competition

Post by big_smile »

A number of Sonic vending machines have started appearing in stores across Europe. The machines dispense capsule eggs that contain a small but highly detailed Sonic figure.

The GHZ Newsboard has a small sample of these eggs to give away. To win one, send an email to the address below stating which figures you would like. The catch is that if you specify a character that isn’t in the sample of prizes, you won’t be entered into the prize draw.

For example, if you request a Sonic and Knuckles figure, then you won’t be entered in the draw to win any of the figures, as there isn’t a Knuckles figure in the sample of prizes.

If you play is safe and only request a Sonic figure, then you will be entered in a draw to win a Sonic figure (assuming that there is a Sonic figure to give away), but you wont eligible to win any of the other figures in the prize sample.

Bear in mind that the exact number of prizes is rather small and does contain duplicate characters, so it doesn’t pay to be too greedy.

Send your entry to ghzcompetition@googlemail.com. Closing date is tomorrow (2nd of April). Good Luck.

Rules
1) Competition is open to everybody including GHZ staff members and non GHZ users.
2) Competition closes 2nd of April 2007.
3) Emails should only contain the list of the characters the entrant desires. This list should be placed in the subject field of the email. Emails that contain any other text may be disqualified.
4) Winners will be chosen at random via a prize draw.
5) Winners will be announced after Friday 6th April 2007.
6) The figures will be supplied in their original unopened seal packaging. However, to reduce postage costs, the egg capsules may be omitted.
7) Winners will have 96 hours to provide a valid postal address. Those that fail to will forfeit their prize to another entrant.
8) Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Google mail is called gmail.

I'm no April fool.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I remember the fun we had last year.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Now why does this look so familiar.....

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Ooh, I'm gonna go for Fang!

SuitCase

Post by SuitCase »

I know your ruse.

And I still don't think it's really that amusing to say "Ha ha, you're not actually getting an obscure toy that you probably kinda wanted but can live without", just somewhat disappointing.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Hey guys! Remember how Big Smile fooled you guys with the notion that you could have a chance to win a Metal Sonic toy? Good times!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I bet the joke this year is that it's actually true!

Grant

Post by Grant »

Ah, this again.

AIDS.

bolt7

Post by bolt7 »

What? Are these the small Sonic X figures? They're really nothing special, I have three Rouge's...

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I was thinking something similar of what GG! said. I'll go ahead and send an entry on the very off-chance there's some originality to this. Although Big Smile will probably say I fell for it anyway like last year.

I think I know why his nick has the initials it does. (drums)

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

This wasn’t originally supposed to an April Fools. A Sonic X vending machine appeared at my local supermarket and my sister bought me a bunch of them as a gift. As most of them were duplicates, I decided to give them away.

I had actually forgotten that today was April the first and simply posted it today, as Sunday is the only time I have more than five minutes to use the internet.

It was only after I made that post that I remembered the date and so edited the closing deadline from the 3rd to 2nd of April to give it a vague sense of an April fools. Even this had a practical purpose: My local post office estimated that it would cost £10 to safely send a capsule Egg to an American address, which is obviously an extortionate price to pay for a product that is barely worth a single pound. However, I have a friend who is leaving for America on Saturday and so would be able to post them from within the country at a much lower price (assuming that any of the winners lived in America), which would avoid the need to separate the toy from the capsule.

If you held off from entering because you thought it was an April fools, then please do enter, as I would much rather that figures could be enjoyed by someone instead of being kept in storage. The email address is perfectly valid (due to copyright issues, G-Mail has been renamed Google Mail in the UK). As the number of entries is low, I’ll enter you in the draw even if you select characters that aren’t available to give away.

^_^

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

And for a while, here, I thought this was a <i>Shenmue</i> reference.

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go look for some sailors.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Do you know someone who can speak the language of the chinese?

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

hey mister, wanna wrestle?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

God, I need to replay that game. I absolutely dread the stealth sequence around Disc 2, though; even knowing that that hobo gives you more help than any hobo legally <i>should</i>, I just really, really stink at that segment - and you don't get to do anything BUT it when you commit to doing it. Urgh...

Heck, I need to play <i>Shenmue 2</i> at ALL. It's pretty much criminal of me, especially considering that we actually OWN it for the Xbox. Question is, does it work on the 360, or must I use ye olde black brick to run the thing (which isn't a hardship, all things considered; both the original and 360 Xboxes are in the same room)? <i>(ED: n/m, I checked Wikipedia: you can, although it's a fairly recent update that allows this. Now the question is, are there any emulation problems, or should it run just fine?...)</i>

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

A winner is me!

Thanks, big_smile!

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

I dunno, Shadow seems like a booby prize.

Because he has no boobies.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I got mine yesterday because I live far far away.

But my prize is suhweeeet! It's on top of my subwoofer now.

Thanks, big_smile! Best April Fool joke ever.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

cjmcray wrote:A winner is me!

Thanks, big_smile!
Aw hell, I should have entered, that is the most non-sucky Shadow figurine I have ever seen. Quadruple dammnit.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Well, I've just got the whole set of these, and I'm gonna give away the duplicates.

First come, first served.

I've got:
1 Amy
No More Shaodw
1 Chris

So just PM me with the character you want plus your address. Don't worry, I'm too lazy to stalk.

Edited. Surprised how popular Shadow is.