New NiGHTS

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

The vest is odd alright. For the time being, I think it's a bit much to stack onto his design.
Nights! Yes!! NAKA had to leave for us to have our Nights back! yay!
Which couldn't be in poorer taste.

WB
Drano Master

Post by WB »

This has the potential to either be totally freaking awesome or one of the greatest disasters ever seen in videogaming.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Indeed, and looking back at Shadow and specially SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, that aint much of a rarity.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Who wants to bet the final boss turns into Godzilla and Crush40 plays in the background?

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

New Ratchet and Clank! Awesome.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Meh. NiGHTS doesn't hold any sort of value to me. If it sucks it will just be another bad SEGA game, no more or less.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

WB wrote:This has the potential to either be totally freaking awesome or one of the greatest disasters ever seen in videogaming.
I agree completely. I've never played the original NiGHTS game, but I have heard about its' semi-rabid cult fanbase.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Honestly, I don't think it's possible for a game to be as good as some people think NiGHTS is. But there's still a pretty great game in there, and it's elevated immensely by the sheer creativity of the concept and art direction.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I really hope they port the Saturn game with it, so maybe I can finally play it!

Well. I actually need a Wii first.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's pretty easy to get a Saturn cheap these days. I traded a drawing for one, and then bought NiGHTS on ebay for five dollars.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I haven't been excited about a video game since before Sonic Adventure 2 came out, and I have to admit, I felt a twinge of hope from a decade ago when I saw that cover.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

The only thing I don't like about the new design is the red collar. NiGHTS had a pink and purple color scheme and worked out well, but that red color just throws everything off IMO. I also like the old collar which showed that his head was "floating". Meh, kind of a stupid thing to be complaining about but whatever....

Vector

Post by Vector »

The original NiGHTS was 3D right? So it will be slightly easier for SEGA to not utterly screw it up since they aren't trying to make a sequel to a 2D game.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

The original NiGHTS was played mostly on rails. Sort of like Klonoa.... but flying.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I spent a lot of time messing around playing as Elliot and Claris. Before you get to NiGHTS, you have full reign in the 3D levels. In a sequel I would like to see that aspect used a little more in-game; it was just like a neat side-thing you could do in the original.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

You mean like some kind of incentive to actually beat stages as the human characters? Yeah, that'd be kinda nice - although I'd kinda like their controls to be more fluid if that's the case. They're kinda slow and clunky (as opposed to the more-or-less silky-smooth flying NiGHTS does), and you kinda lose points for using them instead of NiGHTS (although you can interact with the Nightopians more directly - not that I ever bothered)...

That said, if this DOES become a Wii game, how would it control? My current guess is that you have an on-screen pointer, and NiGHTS automatically flies in the direction of that pointer. It's not particularly noteworthy as far as use of the control goes, but hey, it's there.

Alternatively, flight with nunchuk a la the original <i>NiGHTS</i>, but the Wii Remote can be used for some extra special move. No idea <i>what</i>, but it'd be present nonetheless.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

You would use the Wiimote to aim his eye lasers.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

No, he's going to attack by vomitting up the Royal Rainbow!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Nonono, that's Wizeman. After his initial defeat, he became a quirky, deranged nightmare that only visits college kids on their first acid trip.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

I'm lovin' that official art in the second scan.

The graphics are kinda....meh....blocky fingers....blocky everything. :confused:

NiGHTS has SA2 hands syndrome.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

So... is this a sequel or a remake? I don't read whatever gibberish language that is, but that's definitely Puffy and Splash Garden.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Let me be the first to say that the game looks terrible.

Not only is Takeshi Iizuka at the helm but it seems as if the entire game will take place at a pseudo 3d over-the-shoulder camera point of view.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Radrappy wrote: Not only is Takeshi Iizuka at the helm but it seems as if the entire game will take place at a pseudo 3d over-the-shoulder camera point of view.
Those angles are probably just there to show off the model and don't represent the angle during gameplay. Just as this shot is doing:

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/artic ... 949834.jpg

But what is Iizuka doing there? Wasn't it confirmed that Sonic Team isn't working on this?

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I'd agree with you accept the model is so damn ugly no one would want to show it off.