NiGHTS related poll on Sega.com

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

NiGHTS related poll on Sega.com

Post by Opa-Opa »

Anyone noticed this on http://www.sega.com ?
POLL:

Which SEGA game/character would you like to see return?

Nights
Streets of Rage
Samba de Amigo
Virtua Cop
Flicky
I wonder what's going on. Right before they announced Shadow the Hedgehog, a similar poll was there regarding Sonic spin-offs. Amazingly enough, the only two I really care that much about are Streets of Rage and Nights. I wouldn't mind a good Virtua Cop FPS though.

EDIT: It seems NiGHTS is winning with half the votes.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I doubt Sega would actually get the okay to do a new NiGHTS game, but if it was made, I think that'd pretty much be it for me as a fan of Sega. Even ignoring the supposed claims that NiGHTS is the "perfect" game, a sequel after all this time, and the state Sega is currently in (especially Sonicteam), it would probably be a trainwreck to greater scale than even Sonic 2k6.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Translation:

Which beloved SEGA game/character franchise would you like to see us ruin next!?

Anon

Post by Anon »

What I wanna know is "Where the fuck are Astal and Clockwork Knight?!" (And to a lesser degree, Ristar and Vectorman.)

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Anon wrote:What I wanna know is "Where the fuck are Astal and Clockwork Knight?!" (And to a lesser degree, Ristar and Vectorman.)
I think what you mean is "Where the hell is Panzer Dragoon?"

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

*Whistles annoying, as if to imply something*

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Shut the fuck up.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

If I wanted a Sega game that came with a proper resurrection, I'd vote Wonder Boy in Monster World. I've been itching for a Metroidvania that's not a Metroid or a Castlevania.

I also want a Shining Force Collection with Shining Force 3 translated.

Of the games listed in that poll, I've only played (and even beat the last level of) Flicky. So that's probably where my vote would go.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Out of those games in theory I'd most like another Streets of Rage game but given how Sega have been recently I just know they'd just try and turn the series into some shitty GTA clone or something.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Poison Eggroll wrote:Of the games listed in that poll, I've only played (and even beat the last level of) Flicky. So that's probably where my vote would go.
You haven't played NiGHTS or Samba de Amigo? Or Streets of Rage or Virtua Cop? What are you doing here?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I don't care for Samba, but it'd be great on the Wii. As would NiGHTs. Really, it'd be a bitch to do any sort of flying character game without the Wiimote.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Zeta wrote:I don't care for Samba, but it'd be great on the Wii. As would NiGHTs. Really, it'd be a bitch to do any sort of flying character game without the Wiimote.
Excuse me, the original NiGHTS would like a word with you. :cool:

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

That poll needed Panzer Dragoon. And Jet Grind Radio. And Shenmue, obviously. And some other games I can't think of.

They already have a a Virtua Cop sequel, they just need to port it to a console because I don't like spending 50 cents per play.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Sega to release a significant title

Apparently, Spong aren't the most trustworthy on news.

Also Fighting Vipers... Anyone?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I would really get fired up for a (faithful) new Streets of Rage, except that some fangamers already have a monster of their own under development. There is the fact that they stupidly released it unfinished and have been frantically releasing patches, and it's an absurd thought that i'd be able to download that on my pitiful dialup (*sob*), but they were first and went to some fanservice-ish lengths that Sega probably wouldn't...using sprites, customisable pallettes, ect.

At any rate, Daytona USA isn't on that list and Flicky, of all things, is? :(
I doubt Sega would actually get the okay to do a new NiGHTS game, but if it was made, I think that'd pretty much be it for me as a fan of Sega.
I ranted long about folks being presumptuous, paranoid, grumpy assholes already, on this exact same subject. Are you daring me to repost it?
Last edited by FlashTHD on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Excuse me, the original NiGHTS would like a word with you
OK, _3D_ flying character title. Happy now? Original NiGHTs was only 3D when you were grounded, which felt like a huge cocktease to me.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

This poll needs moar Clockwork Knight. Not that it would've mattered anyway, NiGHTS is far too overrated for the outcome to have been any different. Don't get me wrong, it was a charming game, but it was just too short with too little replay value.

Wouldn't mind a sequel at all, though.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Thank you, yes. I was not impressed with the gameplay. The art, concept, characters, and music were what I liked. I thought that it was pretty good, but the actual gameplay itself doesn't deserve all the praise it gets.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

A flicky game for the GBA or DS would be fun.

Samba? ehhh.

Why isn't freaking SHENMUE, JSRF or Space Channel 5 on that list? Heck, I'd even go for a new Crazy Taxi.

Provided it get an overhaul, with say, a story mode, and a BUNCH of tracks, like most driving games have. Previous installments only had one track, and the XBox edition just packed the old ones together with a new XBox exclusive one.

Also, Crazy-X should be online playable.

I'm getting off-topic, though.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Zeta wrote:I don't care for Samba, but it'd be great on the Wii. As would NiGHTs. Really, it'd be a bitch to do any sort of flying character game without the Wiimote.
Honestly, I think Sega's on-rails light gun shooters would be perfect for Wii. Another House of the Dead or Virtua Cop would be neat.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

FlashTHD wrote: I ranted long about folks being presumptuous, paranoid, grumpy assholes already, on this exact same subject. Are you daring me to repost it?
You seem to can't take a joke.

But seriously, I don't have that much faith in Sega in general(sans the arcade team and maybe some choice developers) to actually surprass or at least give us something in equal quality to these past franchises--well maybe Virtua Cop has a chance. And I certainly don't trust today's Sonic Team to make a decent NiGHTS sequel.
Last edited by Ngangbius on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I dunno, a new <i>Flicky</i> could be like <i>N</i>, but instead of ninjas, gold and lasers, it would have Flicky, those bird things and cats/lizards. Plus add a few new ideas into the mix (damned if I know what they'd be, but add 'em anyway) and it could be a worthy XBLA title... though certainly not a $50 one.

Anyway, I voted <i>SoR</i>. <i>NiGHTS</i> was a great experience, but it wasn't as fun, honestly. I more like beating guys up than trying to perform perfectly in a flying arena or something. Plus I find myself more attracted to that formula than <i>NiGHTS</i>'. It's weird, but it's how I feel.

Also needs <i>Panzer Dragoon Saga</i>. I want to play it, but I don't want to pay $200 for it. <i>Clockwork Knight</i> would be nice, too, but I dunno how well it'd hold up in this day and age. <i>Daytona USA</i> must live on, <i>Sega Rally</i> IS living on IIRC, <i>House of the Dead</i> just had <i>HotD4</i> released recently (and it's supposed to be great; local arcade has it, but I haven't tried it yet), <i>Virtua Cop 3</i> had a PS2 port that SCEA wouldn't allow in the US for some retarded reason, and so on.

On the topic of <i>HotD</i>, though, that needs a Wii compilation. <i>HotD4</i> would need its graphics toned down somewhat, but the controls would work perfectly (shake to reload, after all). Heck, get Nintendo to make an official keyboard accessory and bundle the compilation with it, using <i>Typing of the Dead</i> as an excuse. (There could be another, cheaper bundle with some generic game like "<i>Wii Type</i>" or something for those who don't like shooting zombies, though.)

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I think Sega would be wise to release a on-rails shooter compilation for Wii. HotD 1-4, Virtua Cop... umm... the other ones. But they'd probably end up settling for something on Virtual Console.

I'm not too sure what the point of this pole is. Sega knows that people want a new Nights game...

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Shadow Hog wrote:<i>Virtua Cop 3</i> had a PS2 port that SCEA wouldn't allow in the US for some retarded reason, and so on.
I'm pretty sure Virtua Cop 3 didn't have any home console port. You might be thinking about the remake of Virtua Cop 2.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

At first I thought the Wii would be perfect for Samba. You wouldn't even need the maracas... you could just use remotes!

But then I remembered that the remotes have no way of knowing how high they are off the ground. The game would have to work by detecting the angle of the remotes (like Wii Sports baseball), rather than how high or low you were holding them. That would probably be a lot less fun.