Downloadable content released for Sonic the Hedgehog

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

come on, I wasted money on this, I want the most out of it. Now let me waste 3 bucks so Sonic can have new level layouts and Princess-less levels!

Plus theres 2 more downloadable extras left.

the game may be crap, but I want all the extras I can get so atleast I feel better.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

You sawed off the wrong leg, so give me all the morphine that I want and everything will be better.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Then saw off the other.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

You guys sure like to use metaphors dont you?

Im just trying to get the most out of this game, and this game has some really neat stuff now and then.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

SegaSonic wrote:come on, I wasted money on this, I want the most out of it. Now let me waste 3 bucks so Sonic can have new level layouts and Princess-less levels!

Plus theres 2 more downloadable extras left.

the game may be crap, but I want all the extras I can get so atleast I feel better.
"Hmm, I wasted money on this shitty game, now what? Oh wait, I'll waste some more! That will solve everything!"

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

dude, its only 3 bucks per Veryhardmode, I waste 3 bucks everyday...might aswell use it to make the game bigger.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Congrats on both being rich, and a total fucking idiot.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Yeah. Every person who buys this is sending a message to Sega that they can keep jamming that spiked dildo up our ass as often as they like.

By paying for shit, they think they can sell you more shit of the same or worse quality.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Today it's "Very Hard Mode", tomorrow it'll be "Hedgehog Armor".

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Come on guys, you can dish out better penalties at SegaSonic than a verbal thrashing by now. He's clearly earned it* 40 times over and never listens anyway.

* One guess what "it" is, as if you needed it.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Many including me have written to SEGA a hundred times and they dont listen, so whats the use?

They will keep on making crap games with or without our concern.

We need someone who gets a job at SonicTeam and from within he/she infiltrates SonicTeam and fixes stuff by what ever means possible. OCB is a slacker, If I was him I would contact some people and turn tables around, that is if he really works at SEGA.

And Im not rich at all, but is 3 bucks really that expensive, the extras shouldve been free for being such a crap game but still...3 bucks?

And this VeryHardmode isnt just more enemies, its a whole map change and Princess less Dusty Desert and Tropical Jungle making Sonic's game more enjoyable.

Someone could change Sonic to its former glory, but until that happens he will continue to be crap.

SonicRush and possibly Secret Rings are example of Someone at SonicTeam that actually cares, but still there is garbage within SonicTeam and SEGA that must be taken out.

STH stinks I know, but its the only next gen game and the only new Sonic game I have so far, so please understand.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rolken

Post by Rolken »

You seem to be confused about how companies work. Their aim is not to avoid people writing letters, but to obtain their money. So long as you give them money, whatever juvenile letters you send are of no relevance. There are certainly people inside Sonic Team already that would prefer to ship an actually decent game, but they are constrained by deadlines and feature requirements. The concept of "infiltrating Sonic Team", even if not laughable, would have zero result.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

But wouldnt SEGA employee letters affect at all? SEGA to SONICTEAM transfers and such?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

No. No, not really. Unless you threaten legal action against them in a lawsuit, most companies just throw those things out.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well I got my real original Sonic Adventure International for Dreamcast today, Im gonna play it and pretend we are in 1999. Damn 36k moden!, wikipedia? what’s that?

Grant

Post by Grant »

I really like the idea of some stereotypical fat cat executive (stogie, handlebar mustache and all) having this big paradigm shift over a fan letter.

"Of course, start making good games, that's it! If only someone had written sooner! Cancel production on Sonic Garbage Pickin' immediately, we've got a hot lead here!"

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's like in South Park where Kyle's letter melted Castro's heart and brought deomocracy to Cuba.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Whoops, honestly didn't know I was referencing that!

But yeah.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

SegaSonic wrote:STH stinks I know, but its the only next gen game and the only new Sonic game I have so far, so please understand.
You don't, so no.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

SegaSonic wrote:And Im not rich at all, but is 3 bucks really that expensive, the extras shouldve been free for being such a crap game but still...3 bucks?
I don't think you understand how microtransactions work. Yeah, it's only three dollars, but that crap adds up. Now a game that would have been 50 dollars a year ago is 60, plus the 9 dollars they are charging you for something that should have been included in the game from the beginning. Suddenly a 50 dollar game is 70 dollars. Microtransactions and downloadable content is great if the developers are patching a broken game or adding content to an already good game, but charging for stuff that they left out solely to tack on later is pretty lame. I'm looking at you EA!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Now, now, I'm giving Sega the full benefit of the doubt that they left out their Very Hard mode not because of greed but because of sloppiness. For goodness sake, they couldn't even get Shield item boxes in the game, and speaking of item boxes there's like ONE, count 'em, one single speed shoe power up in the entire game, and that one's in a town mission, for cripes sake.

They do still get full credit for taking a rotten situation of their own making and making it worse. That's effort, that is.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Even if they did leave it out because of time constrains or sloppiness, they can put it in if they want, but they don't have to charge 9 dollars for it.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Agreed. That would be the "making it worse" part.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Ok I got it, so they suck for making it cost money for such a demostagegame, but it is SEGA we are talking about, theyre dying so they need all the money they can get I guess. And yes, theyre disonorable and dont keep their word. Sonic is the only good thing SEGA has and theyve always treated him as low priority unlike Mario.

atleast in Japan you got this neat booklet with the game, I shouldve imported it.

http://209.85.48.8/1985/113/upload/p11027746.jpg

Picture thanks to Harihari.

Hey, are those the actual items INGAME? is the invincibility box in the game?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

SegaSonic - I knew this was gonna happen, man. Think about it. It may just be $3 to you, but to Sega? $3 x 1000 customers (minimum!), for content that was already in the game... is $3000 in profit. $3000 on something that was a part of Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog and could be unlocked completely for free just by beating the game normally.

By paying your $3, you are sending them a message. You're saying, "Yes, I already bought this game for $60, and I am willing to pay more for content that should've been included with the $60 package already." And think about it - there's at least a thousand other people out there going, "Well, I'm just one person, and it's just $3."

Look at the big picture. What you do with your money changes the big picture for better or for worse. Because if you say no? Maybe others will say no, too. Dumb purchases is what got the Sonic franchise here in the first place. Don't give them a lease to keep doing it.
Owen Axel wrote:Now, now, I'm giving Sega the full benefit of the doubt that they left out their Very Hard mode not because of greed but because of sloppiness. For goodness sake, they couldn't even get Shield item boxes in the game, and speaking of item boxes there's like ONE, count 'em, one single speed shoe power up in the entire game, and that one's in a town mission, for cripes sake.

They do still get full credit for taking a rotten situation of their own making and making it worse. That's effort, that is.
No. Lots of 360 games are doing this, and have been. Somebody on GAF or somewhere checked out the file size of this "Downloadable content". Like the Sonic Adventure downloadable content, most of it was already on the disc - you just download a "key" that unlocks it. The minimum filesize for these keys on the Xbox Marketplace is 108kb. There was a big list somewhere of each game that did this; I know one of them was Dead Rising. Ah, here we go.

Very Hard Mode is one of these "It's already part of the game, but you need to download a key to unlock it" things - only problem is, Sega is charging money for the keys. It was not them being lazy, or forgetful, this shit was done and it's been sitting there waiting for somebody to download the key for it.