Downloadable content released for Sonic the Hedgehog

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Good grief, that's practically dastardly. Some Sega exec must've grown a thin mustache just for the occasion.

I can't believe they put Very Crap Mode in the game in time for release, but couldn't be bothered to finish programming the shield item boxes. I know I'm getting whiny about those, but they would've made hanging on to rings long enough to tally them at the goal ring a hell of a lot easier.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

SegaSonic wrote:OCB is a slacker, If I was him I would contact some people and turn tables around, that is if he really works at SEGA.
Yea, i'd like to see you try. It's hard enough to get them to fix bugs, let alone make a decent game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Microtransactions might just end up killing the videogame industry. It's like forcing move-goers to pay extra for the ending of the movie they just saw. "Want to see if Luke kills vader? Slip me another 3 bucks, bitch."

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Zeta wrote:Microtransactions might just end up killing the videogame industry. It's like forcing move-goers to pay extra for the ending of the movie they just saw. "Want to see if Luke kills vader? Slip me another 3 bucks, bitch."
More like buying a DVD and then paying more, separately, for Deleted Scenes and Director's Commentary and all those bonus features.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I like how SegaSonic thinks that one employee at Sega can completely revitalize the quality of their game production.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:
Zeta wrote:Microtransactions might just end up killing the videogame industry. It's like forcing move-goers to pay extra for the ending of the movie they just saw. "Want to see if Luke kills vader? Slip me another 3 bucks, bitch."
More like buying a DVD and then paying more, separately, for Deleted Scenes and Director's Commentary and all those bonus features.
Like when a movie comes out on DVD with little to no special features, then a few months later is re-released as a special edition.

And then an unrated 2-disc speical edition

And an unrated director's cut special 4-disc extended edition

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Double-S- wrote:I like how SegaSonic thinks that one employee at Sega can completely revitalize the quality of their game production.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

SegaSonic wrote:theyre dying so they need all the money they can get I guess.
Sega aren't dying, you fucking moron. And what's with this conflicting mentality? Sega are dying and your $3 will mean the world to them, and yet your $3 doesn't matter enough to influence them to keep making shit games?

I don't understand what anyone must be thinking to pay more money for a shitty feature in a shitty game, especially when they already acknowledge that the original game blows.

Every time Sega makes a bad game, remember that you were there, giving them the thumbs up to do so.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Hybrid wrote: Every time Sega makes a bad game, remember that you were there, giving them the thumbs up to do so.
Kinda like your avatar, then.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Hah.

If I ever directed my avatar towards Sega, rest assured I'd use a very sarcastic tone. That will teach them.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Locit wrote:
Double-S- wrote:I like how SegaSonic thinks that one employee at Sega can completely revitalize the quality of their game production.
SEGATA SANSHIRO
I stand corrected.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I think, like everyone else, the only way for SEGA to improve the franchise is to sex it up.

Sonadow scenes are what the people REALLY want.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

We're going to have to kill you now.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I concur.

*whips out a chainsaw*

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

cjmcray wrote:Sonadow scenes are what the people REALLY want.
Meh, I don't see how it could possibly make the series worse.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

<a href="http://www.superpretzel.com/sonic/">Sonic Suite Sweepstakes</a>

This didn't seem important enough to make a new topic about, and I doubt many people here are going to enter, but I was shopping and was in the fridge aisle and saw a Super Pretzel box advertising a Sonic Sweepstakes, so if you're feeling lucky, you don't have to pay for a copy of Sonic Rivals and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Yami CJMErl wrote:I concur.

*whips out a chainsaw*
FUCK YOUR CONCURRENCE

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I concur.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

BlazeHedgehog wrote: Very Hard Mode is one of these "It's already part of the game, but you need to download a key to unlock it" things - only problem is, Sega is charging money for the keys. It was not them being lazy, or forgetful, this shit was done and it's been sitting there waiting for somebody to download the key for it.
Man, Sega has gone too far this time, they aren’t even charging for a downloading a minigame, they are charging for a Super hard mode?
Sega, my respect for you is gone forever, not even a Sonic Adventure 1&2 compilation thingie is going to make me ever trust you.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Owen Axel wrote:I can't believe they put Very Crap Mode in the game in time for release, but couldn't be bothered to finish programming the shield item boxes.
They're in there, but not placed anywhere. The level designers got their thin mustaches too.

And a tip, guys: If you want to hear SegaSonic's crap less, don't egg him on and respond. You know what will happen.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

About these keys and stuff. Can't we, like, pirate them? I don't own a 360 nor a PS3, so I have no idea how the downloads work there. But, at least on my good old and still working if I may say so Dreamcast, I could, and still can, easily download the stuff from websites. For example those holiday features from Sonic Adventure.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Sonic Cult have found a number of missing elements on the final disc including:

- Extra Mission Mode (for all characters, including Amigos)
- Additional episodes for Amgios
- Super Hard Mode (in addition to Very Hard Mode)
- A secret character
- Text that refers to various Metal Sonic mission modes (who, therefore, must be the secret character)
- A music quiz featuring songs from various Sonic games
- Lost dialogue
- All the missing elements from the demo disc

There's a good chance that some of this may form the basis of a future download.
About these keys and stuff. Can't we, like, pirate them?
Supposedly, the keys are linked to your Xbox live profile. If a person downloaded one, there game would use the profile to check that the key had been purchased.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

big_smile wrote:Supposedly, the keys are linked to your Xbox live profile. If a person downloaded one, there game would use the profile to check that the key had been purchased.
Damn those future consoles and their internet.

Then I'll root for it to come to PC.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I played Tag mode yesterday with my brother, it was quite nice. It required you to work as a team yet it had all the speed segments, springs and such. You can battle robots together and you dont take damage from your partner in this mode. Its fun to grab and trow your partner with Silver, one time I trew him so far he flew so far up he crossed the border of the level! This mode Shouldve had the amigo Characters! why? because since Silver wasnt made for speed segments his gameplay in 2p is kinda odd, you get left behind you have to plan long jumps and sometimes there are places with no items thus youre useless.

Seeing 2p Sonic with Blaze wouldve been awesome, aswell as all the other Character including the hidden character Metal.

2p Battle is much more fast because you dont have to touch switches and unlock doors. as the name says in this mode you can hurt your friend, its a race to the finish goal while the Tag mode you had to get the Emeralds.

Oh and for those who hate the game.
According to Amazon.com, the 360 version of Sonic the Hedgehog (360) just got a nice price drop - from the original $59.99, now to $29.99! Hopefully this calms the nerves of those wary about trying the game out, and gives them a chance to do so with less to lose for doing so.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Still $29.99 too much!